Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107698 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #510 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:44am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:11am:
Rolf Harris has already received his punishment.

It's now time for him to fork out some of his fortune to compensate the girls for his grubby groping, flirtatious fingering, and tit-titillating digital indiscretions.   

Is it for cultural reasons that Harris finds himself in the hot-seat?

How many other cultures are there that would think nothing of him having fondled a little flesh from time to time?

Just curious.

So it really is just about money.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #511 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:45am

Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #512 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:50am

It's now time for him to fork out some of his fortune to compensate the girls for his grubby groping, flirtatious fingering, and tit-titillating digital indiscretions.   

How, exactly, will money compensate for "grubby groping, flirtatious fingering, and tit-titillating digital indiscretions"?

"My life was a mess and I was all upset because Rolf copped a feel 30 years ago, however, now that I have $50,000 in my bank account I feel fine; I've forgotten all about it.  Happy Days"

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #513 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:54am

cods wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 8:29am:
your comprehension isnt good is it..

I dont recall saying he is guilty and I dont recall saying she is innocent..

Did you forget this post so soon?

cods wrote on Jun 11th, 2014 at 5:21pm:
its very very sad.. but as a grown man   he shouldnt have done what he has been accused of..
he isnt brain damaged...

what on earth was he thinking every time he touched a child where he had no business touching her

it went on over almost 20 years...

unless you have been molested as a child.. we can never really understand what it has been like for them...and to have sympathy for the perp... well  Im sorry but my thoughts are with the victims...he was an adult they were kids....

How can you even dare claim not to have said he is guilty after posting that crap? You straight out said that he did do what he was accused of.

Quote:
all I am asking is

if you were the judge what evidence would you ask the victim to provide..

you are the one claiming there is no evidence...so he must be found not guilty..

I dont need your little comments about what I may and may not be HAPPY about

...I am just putting in my opinion just like everyone else...

so if you havent got an answer..which I presume you havent as you keep coming back with another.. ho hum post..

c an you not just say so...

I think a few others would like to know.. 

exactly what evidence a child should collect when they are being groped.... Angry Angry

You don't get how this works. You are the one who has been pushing the line that he is guilty. You are also the one claiming that evidence is impossible to get so we shouldn't expect any. I have never said that there is no evidence or that he should be found not guilty as I have no idea if he is or not. I have however taken issue at your man hating BS about how laws protect men and that when it comes down to a he said she said situation that she should be the one to be believed without any evidence presented.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #514 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:02am

skippy. wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:46pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:05pm:
Quote:
Well in this case... if you have  4-6 people , or more,, saying the same thing...  people who did not know each other, but who have made statements, contemporaneous,  then it is 'corroboration'.

So  what evidence (as Cods asks) can one expect after all this time.?

Similar/identical reports from several unrelated sources is corroboration.. in Law.
LOOK IT UP.

I don't need to.  Just because Mary reckons John abused her, and so does Jane, does not provide corroboration for either allegation against John.  The Judge will make quite firm directions to the Jury along those lines. 

This is an inherent danger in running Trials on multiple charges from different complainants, and the Law needs to take care not to allow an injustice to occur.

As for your question about what can the alleged victim do.  Well, they do what they have done.  Make allegations, and give evidence at a Trial.  That is as much as they can do.

Respecting your knowledge Aussie given you probably know more than most here regards law I also thought the same as Emma, given multi individuals have similar accusations and there is no evidence they collaborated  I would have thought Harris is in the sh it. That said if I were him I would certainly want some solid evidence presented.

Skippy, the strandard pro forma direction given to a Jury by a Judge in Queensland in this scenario is long and quite complicated, but it ends with these paragraphs:

Quote:
However the evidence of the other complainants cannot be used in the
following ways when considering the evidence of [complainant A]
You cannot use that evidence to reason like this “The evidence
persuades us that he is the sort of person who could commit these sort of offences, or is of bad character, and therefore we will convichim of all the charges.”

You cannot say to yourselves that if you are satisfied beyond
reasonable doubt that he committed offences against [anothercomplainant] that he therefore must have committed the offences alleged by [complainant A] and so we will convict him of them.

Clear as mud?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #515 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:09am

Quantum wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:54am:
you not just say so...

I think a few others would like to know.. 

exactly what evidence a child should collect when they are being groped.... 

You don't get how this works. You are the one who has been pushing the line that he is guilty. You are also the one claiming that evidence is impossible to get so we shouldn't expect any. I have never said that there is no evidence or that he should be found not guilty as I have no idea if he is or not. I have however taken issue at your man hating BS about how laws protect men and that when it comes down to a he said she said situation that she should be the one to be believed without any evidence presented.

I give up... go away.. I agree we disagree ON EVERYTHING just go away.. I get a headache just trying to figure out what it is your saying or claiming..

I dont hate men.. just do not like creepy ones..

I have never said the law protects men.. I have said.

laws are made by men... with men in mind..

you tell me where that is wrong.....

if they were made by females I would say the same thing...

it is human nature when making any rules call them laws... its what you desire...

you dont agree good I am glad we have nothing in common..

you have your opinion and I have mine.. my opinion is to do with the topic... and not the posters....so go away and have a nice day if you can.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #516 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:12am

After Harris - how about we start persecuting ageing rock stars for all the underage girls they've had sex with?

Where do you draw the line?

Shock horror at Harris touching up young girls - or the young groupies, vulnerable and no doubt some as young as 13 who've had sex with Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart and the like?

Will we bring them to justice when they're in the last stages of their life?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #517 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:14am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:50am:

How, exactly, will money compensate for "grubby groping, flirtatious fingering, and tit-titillating digital indiscretions"?

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/paulmz/paulmz1209/paulmz120900017/15045308-young...

"My life was a mess and I was all upset because Rolf copped a feel 30 years ago, however, now that I have $50,000 in my bank account I feel fine; I've forgotten all about it.  Happy Days"

money... well at least they can spend it and not him...the Catholic church has been handing out money to those who were abused whilst in their care... for years..maybe you should ask one of their victims...

what good did the money do.. Roll Eyes

what else is there??..

should people shut up and suck it up because what good will sending them to jail do.. or what good will money do...

its like those that want evidence... Cheesy

what sort of thing would satisfy you..in this case.. if the judge asked what do you want me to do with this person...if they are found guilty???..

what would you say....

people get locked up and then they get let out,.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #518 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:32am

Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 9:36pm:
Emma wrote on Jun 12th, 2014 at 1:07am:
I am NOT talking about a legal outcome...  obviously... 
an accused must be FOUND guilty after the legal machine has churned.
You definitely  can be accused and guilty of same. 

The Court decides the guilt..or not...

anyone can be accused of crimes...  guilty or not....

logic says that to ME anyway. Tongue

Hey Ian/Alinta... care to explain your abusive comments..???
Care to explain how you have at least @ IDs here on the forum..???? 

NOT TALKING LEGAL.. TALKING STREET.

Such deceit is unworthy. Grin

ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE....I've NO idea why anyone here would believe I am Ian.  Let's get it straight...I have ONE ID ...Alinta....the one and only ID I have ever had, on any forum.

I asked a question.......and respected if the poster did not wish to divulge. I am a post grad student and I also tutor a small group of VCE Legal Studies students.  The only reason I asked was out of interest as the Judge's sentencing remarks may have provided an interesting discussion point for my students.

Add: I have not received a PM so have NO idea what has happened there.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:40am by Alinta »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #519 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 11:01am

Gnads wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:44am:
So it really is just about money.

No it's not.

But money has a wondrous way of healing old wounds and making amends for past injustices.

It's probably better that Harris pay a little compensation rather than that the girls' menfolk spear him in the thigh as payback.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #520 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 11:08am

mantra wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:12am:
After Harris - how about we start persecuting ageing rock stars for all the underage girls they've had sex with?

Shock horror at Harris touching up young girls - or the young groupies, vulnerable and no doubt some as young as 13 who've had sex with Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart and the like?

so these women should not have said anything...is that what you are saying??>.I dont mind its your opinion.... but where do you draw the line..

have you read any of the Royal into sexual abuse of children????>.

I do not really see the difference..

why have a royal..... and then say.. its basically the childs fault.. just because a few are promiscuous...like the groupies....doesnt mean all children enjoy it??...

what you are saying is.. Jagger and Stewart were touchy feelies...

there is a difference in a girl coming on to a bloke..than just a girl minding her own business and finding a hand going over her private parts...

you cannot seriously compare the two..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #521 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 12:09pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 11:01am:
But money has a wondrous way of healing old wounds and making amends for past injustices.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1399888262/512#512

How?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #522 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:38pm

mantra wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:12am:

There is a vast difference between an unsuspecting and innocent girl suddenly finding herself being groped by a bearded pervert at a photo-shoot with her mother ... and pop star groupies who go out of their way to get screwed in hotel rooms so they can add this to their tally and boast about it to their envious fellow groupies.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #523 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:43pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:50am:

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/paulmz/paulmz1209/paulmz120900017/15045308-young...

Precisely.

Retail therapy has wondrous healing powers.

IP Logged

BlindFreddy

Australian Politics

Reply #524 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:55pm

Children! Please!

Do I have to remind you about the presumption of innocence?

IF he's found guilty - by the jury, not  a bunch of halfwit know-it-alls on the internet who THINK they know what's going on because the Murdoch Times told them so - then squabble and pose away about who knew it first.

I wonder how many of these armchair "experts" have actually taken the time to review the evidence, or have read the trial transcript. Come on smart arses, let's do a show of hands. Who's actually reviewed the evidence for themselves, instead of jumping to conclusions?

And no, I'm not a Rolf fanboy. It just sh1ts me when tards sprout about how somebody's a pedophile or whatever, without even following the case particularly closely.

It kinda reminds me of the Rayney case in WA - a DPP prosecutor's wife died and the cops tried to pin it on him. Then before you can say Jack Lee, everyone's going around talking about how dodgy the chap looks and how he must have killed his wife because they read it in the paper. Think, people!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 95
Send Topic Print