Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107696 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #525 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:58pm

cods wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:14am:
author=greggerypeccary link=1399888262/512#512 date=1402617059][quote

what good did the money do.. Roll Eyes

It's concrete acknowledgment by society that they were wronged, and that their grievance was legally and morally valid. It's hardcopy proof of not having launched a vexatious claim against some individual or organisation.

How many wives walk away from a marriage with huge 'compensatory' payouts to salve their hurt feelings ~ and because they have a child or two... with meanwhile the poor sucker ex's are tossed out of the family home to go rent a room in the local Bowery like a criminal.

That's the No Fault Divorce Laws for you.

Have a look at the absurd amounts that are awarded to the ex-wives of the Beetles and others ~~ Millions of dollars to women whose own earning power was never anything more than at the level of shop assistants and checkout counter chicks.

Utter insanity ~ all courtesy of the courts.

Those who scoff and sneer the most that "Money's nothing!" are the very ones who scream the loudest when they feel they might be missing out on the majority share.

IP Logged

BlindFreddy

Australian Politics

Reply #526 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:59pm

Oh and guess what? You know the rayney case? It turned out all the internet know it alls were wrong. The chap didn't murder his wife. The evidence showed that he couldn't have, and the trial judge was SCATHING about the conduct of the police involved in that case.

So, one poor bugger had his life ruined needlessly. It may be the same with Rolf. Rolf may be guilty or he may not be, but he is entitled - like you or me - to the presumption of innocence UNLESS and UNTIL he is found guilty by a court OF LAW, not a kangaroo court.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #527 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:10pm

BlindFreddy wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:55pm:
And no, I'm not a Rolf fanboy. It just sh1ts me when tards sprout about how somebody's a pedophile or whatever, without even following the case particularly closely.

Welcome to the bored, BlindFreddy.  Smiley

We've been reading reports from the court ... and witness accounts in the print media ... not opinion pieces.

It's not flighty opinion pieces written by professional commentators that has shaped popular opinion ~ it's what's been said in court.

By virtue of possessing a certain degree of innate intelligence, certain conclusions can be ventured of a plausible kind at this late date in the proceedings.

The jury itself will decide the innocence or guilt of Harris very much on the same evidence that has been released to the public on a daily basis.

I think you owe us an apology for your posturing and preening as a superior species of creature to the rest of us.

Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #528 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:17pm

BlindFreddy wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 3:59pm:
Oh and guess what? You know the rayney case? It turned out all the internet know it alls were wrong. The chap didn't murder his wife. The evidence showed that he couldn't have, and the trial judge was SCATHING about the conduct of the police involved in that case.

So, one poor bugger had his life ruined needlessly. It may be the same with Rolf. Rolf may be guilty or he may not be, but he is entitled - like you or me - to the presumption of innocence UNLESS and UNTIL he is found guilty by a court OF LAW, not a kangaroo court.

Sorry, BlindFreddy ~ but this is 'inadmissible evidence' so far as determining whether or not we here are judging Harris unfairly.

Defence Counsels would jump up in court and appeal to the judge that mentioning another case has no relevancy here, and could prejudice the jury against the Defendant.

Again, we look forward to another apology from you.  Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #529 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:19pm

No need for apology Mr Freddy.  Mr Mitty is trolling like he reckons others do.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #530 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:55pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:19pm:

You've just trolled.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #531 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:39pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:55pm:

You've just trolled.

If you reckon providing a newcomer with advice as to what they ought do with your apology demands is trolling, I am guilty.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:59pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #532 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:43pm

cods wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 11:08am:
mantra wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 10:12am:
After Harris - how about we start persecuting ageing rock stars for all the underage girls they've had sex with?

Where do you draw the line?

Shock horror at Harris touching up young girls - or the young groupies, vulnerable and no doubt some as young as 13 who've had sex with Mick Jagger, Rod Stewart and the like?

Will we bring them to justice when they're in the last stages of their life?

so these women should not have said anything...is that what you are saying??>.I dont mind its your opinion.... but where do you draw the line..

have you read any of the Royal into sexual abuse of children????>.

I do not really see the difference..

why have a royal..... and then say.. its basically the childs fault.. just because a few are promiscuous...like the groupies....doesnt mean all children enjoy it??...

what you are saying is.. Jagger and Stewart were touchy feelies...

there is a difference in a girl coming on to a bloke..than just a girl minding her own business and finding a hand going over her private parts...

you cannot seriously compare the two..

I believe that some of these young girls would have flirted with Harris. Young girls do that and it would be very nice if all males understood and backed off - but some of them don't.

Have any of the numerous paedophile priests ever been held to account the way Harris has? The very rare court case involving a priest is usually hushed up. Most of the time the allegations of paedophilia go nowhere.

If Harris was guilty as charged- then he probably could have made a financial settlement before it went to Court like the Catholics do. The fact that he's fighting the charges probably indicates that there is a good deal of exaggeration in some of these stories.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #533 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:55pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:17pm:

Sorry, BlindFreddy ~ but this is 'inadmissible evidence' so far as determining whether or not we here are judging Harris unfairly.

Defence Counsels would jump up in court and appeal to the judge that mentioning another case has no relevancy here, and could prejudice the jury against the Defendant.

hear hear rumble rumble..

dont some of us get carried away.

anywone would think Rolf had his lawyer reading ozpol.. hilarious..

of course we all know what they are after.,..

the old

TOLD YOU SO...should he be found not guilty.

but should he be found

GUILTY..

its a case of

THEY GOT IT WRONG ..HUGELY..

to my knowledge they dont write mystery books of the Agatha Christie mode on this subject.. that was always death and on the last pages we got all the evidence that was staring us in the face...so it was kin d of easy becoming a couch sleuth..when it involved murder...

I think some need to come down off their high horses.,.and get a dose of reality...we were not there when funny things did or didnt happen..

we can only read and take it from there... no real harm done.. if and when Rolf is found NOT GUILTY...I will cheer for him..I think...

if he is found GUILTY... I dont wish him any harm.,.but I do hope he will never lay a hand on another child..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #534 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:57pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:39pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:55pm:

You've just trolled.

I you reckon providing a newcomer with advice as to what they ought do with your apology demands is trolling, I am guilty.

herbs forgotten for a moment who you are.. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #535 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 6:00pm

cods wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:55pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 4:17pm:

hear hear rumble rumble..

dont some of us get carried away.

anywone would think Rolf had his lawyer reading ozpol.. hilarious..

of course we all know what they are after.,..

the old

TOLD YOU SO...should he be found not guilty.

but should he be found

GUILTY..

its a case of

THEY GOT IT WRONG ..HUGELY..

to my knowledge they dont write mystery books of the Agatha Christie mode on this subject.. that was always death and on the last pages we got all the evidence that was staring us in the face...so it was kin d of easy becoming a couch sleuth..when it involved murder...

I think some need to come down off their high horses.,.and get a dose of reality...we were not there when funny things did or didnt happen..

we can only read and take it from there... no real harm done.. if and when Rolf is found NOT GUILTY...I will cheer for him..I think...

if he is found GUILTY... I dont wish him any harm.,.but I do hope he will never lay a hand on another child..

Walter.....are you any good as an interpreter?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #536 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 6:06pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 6:00pm:
Walter.....are you any good as an interpreter

its that Lebanese back ground coming out isnt it...me no speaka da English...

maybe I should have quoted Latin.. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #537 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:09pm

mantra wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:43pm:
If Harris was guilty as charged- then he probably could have made a financial settlement before it went to Court like the Catholics do. The fact that he's fighting the charges probably indicates that there is a good deal of exaggeration in some of these stories.

I think with a lot of these cases the pleas of "Not guilty!" ~ and not settling out of court is entirely because the accused want to convince their wives, children, friends, workmates, that "Hell no! I'm not guilty!" when in fact they know they're guilty as hell.

I remember how David Oldfield sweated in front of the television cameras during several interrogation sessions about whether he did or didn't have a one night stand with Pauline Hanson.

He simply couldn't bring himself to admit it because he would have done this while he was engaged to his fiancée.

If not for her, he would have admitted it without any fear of a backlash.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #538 - Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:12pm

cods wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 6:06pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 6:00pm:
Walter.....are you any good as an interpreter

its that Lebanese back ground coming out isnt it...me no speaka da English...

maybe I should have quoted Latin.. Grin Grin Grin

Do you have a Lebanese background, cods?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #539 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 7:52am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:12pm:
Do you have a Lebanese background, cods?

no way... pommie..I am/was a Londoner..I thought aussie was    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes arent all taxi drivers??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 95
Send Topic Print