Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107681 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #540 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 7:59am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 9:09pm:
mantra wrote on Jun 13th, 2014 at 5:43pm:
If Harris was guilty as charged- then he probably could have made a financial settlement before it went to Court like the Catholics do. The fact that he's fighting the charges probably indicates that there is a good deal of exaggeration in some of these stories.

I think with a lot of these cases the pleas of "Not guilty!" ~ and not settling out of court is entirely because the accused want to convince their wives, children, friends, workmates, that "Hell no! I'm not guilty!" when in fact they know they're guilty as hell.

I remember how David Oldfield sweated in front of the television cameras during several interrogation sessions about whether he did or didn't have a one night stand with Pauline Hanson.

He simply couldn't bring himself to admit it because he would have done this while he was engaged to his fiancée.

If not for her, he would have admitted it without any fear of a backlash.

Bill Clinton....look what happened to him when he finally got caught..

I have to admit I find the way the Harris family turn up to court a bit of a sham..if half what they say is true...then  they should be ashamed for turning a blind eye maybe he wouldnt be in court now had they stood up to him years ago.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #541 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 8:30am

bump

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #542 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 8:31am

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 7:52am:
no way... pommie..I am/was a Londoner..

Wow. I was always slightly intimidated by Londoners. The seat of my English family tree is in Bideford, North Devon. Quiet, sleepy rubes. Pirate material. Rum and moonlighting. Enid Blyton country. Narrow lanes filled with cows or sheep being moved to another field. The greenest and most beautiful part of England. Hot as an oven on clear days in mid-summer. Devonshire cream. Girls with milk-and-honey complexions. Lovely 'burry' accents. Church bells in the distance on Sunday mornings. Wonderful green woods from ancient times when wolves and bears lived in them.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #543 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:13am

The Sword of Damocles hangs heavily over Rolf Harris' head. I predict it will come slamming down when the Jury brings in their verdict..Guilty as hell your Honour.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #544 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:25am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 8:31am:
Wow. I was always slightly intimidated by Londoners.

and so you should be.....

the country side is for softies.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #545 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 10:53am

red baron wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:13am:
The Sword of Damocles hangs heavily over Rolf Harris' head. I predict it will come slamming down when the Jury brings in their verdict..Guilty as hell your Honour.

..and if not? Will you say that an injustice has been done or will you concede that the presumption of innocence is important to our legal system?
You were once a cop were you not?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #546 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:08am

Amadd wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 10:53am:

..and if not? Will you say that an injustice has been done or will you concede that the presumption of innocence is important to our legal system?

from where I am on this one.. I feel justice has been served.. if found guilty... his celebrity is dissed and I am sure he wont be invited to the palace again..... if he is found not guilty..will he move ON .. I doubt it.. mud sticks..why he took this road I will never know...either way he is gone isnt he?...

if somehow it was settled out of court... then he could deny deny deny to his hearts content..maybe even made up stories about them wanting to be in showbiz and he wouldnt help them.. who knows..

in his position I would have done everything not to go to court..

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #547 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:39am

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:08am:

from where I am on this one.. I feel justice has been served.. if found guilty... his celebrity is dissed and I am sure he wont be invited to the palace again..... if he is found not guilty..will he move ON .. I doubt it.. mud sticks..why he took this road I will never know...either way he is gone isnt he?...

if somehow it was settled out of court... then he could deny deny deny to his hearts content..maybe even made up stories about them wanting to be in showbiz and he wouldnt help them.. who knows..

in his position I would have done everything not to go to court..

Well you just brought up one possible scenario yourself. Could there be even more possible scenarios? Since it's already been proven that at least one of the complainants lied to make a better magazine story, wouldn't you think that money may be a motivating factor in that case?
All I'm saying is that it's about reasonable doubt.

Yes mud sticks, and his career is forever tarnished nomatter what the outcome. So three cheers for the witch hunters who don't require a fair trial.

We're agonna gives him a fair trial, and then we're agonna hang 'im  Grin

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #548 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:44am

If acquitted, all I will concede is that the jury was not satisfied of Harris' guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Even if they agree he probably committed the acts of which he is accused, it is not enough to convict.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #549 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:48am

Amadd wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 11:39am:
Well you just brought up one possible scenario yourself. Could there be even more possible scenarios? Since it's already been proven that at least one of the complainants lied to make a better magazine story, wouldn't you think that money may be a motivating factor in that case?
All I'm saying is that it's about reasonable doubt.

Yes mud sticks, and his career is forever tarnished nomatter what the outcome. So three cheers for the witch hunters who don't require a fair trial.

We're agonna gives him a fair trial, and then we're agonna hang

well to be honest.. I cant think what other motive there can be...I cant believe its to see him in jail..at his age what purpose would it serve..20 years ago maybe.. but I dont know.. I do not know of anyone that has trodden this path..I can only say what I think I would have done had I been in his shoes....because this just doesnt affect him does it??....

its such a tough one you must be fair.. to those who claim he touched them...

I never thank god had any experience of that.. but I know of one or two that have..the female was never believed... and the male was compensated..

we cant just move on and pretend these things dont happen amadd.. because they were children.. and didnt report it at the time..

and keeping an open mind... well not may do that these days.

I dont think you should take too much notice of whats said on forums like this..we are only an opinionated bunch are we not?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #550 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:34pm

At 84 he's probably got man-boobs by now, and his punishment will be to get his tits squeezed by the female cops at the local police station at least once a week while he's on Home Detention.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #551 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:38pm

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:25am:

Back in the late 50's the streets of London were infested with predatory homosexuals making themselves known to anyone who caught their fancy.

Should have been rounded up and shot.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #552 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 1:11pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:38pm:
cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 9:25am:

Back in the late 50's the streets of London were infested with predatory homosexuals making themselves known to anyone who caught their fancy.

Should have been rounded up and shot.

you are soooooo wrong...I went back in the 70s.. and having seen what they had done to my London I never wanted to go back..ok I am not one for changes but nothing was the same not one thing.. I remember going into  Lyons corner house.. where I worked at one stage earning a few pennies more...and it was horrible filthy full of blacks..who worked there... it was shabby and I would never go back..the London underground was all black. sorry if that sounds racist but its true..they were living 10 to a room..one slum after another... I do hope its better... my own family all live in London and surrounding counties all advised dont come back..the changes were not for the better I wouldnt shoot anyone... but I would say dont bring your troubles with you leave them behind.. and dont bring living ten to a room either..

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #553 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 1:33pm

cods wrote on Jun 14th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
  ... it was horrible filthy full of blacks..who worked there ...

... the London underground was all black. sorry if that sounds racist but its true..

It's when it becomes an infestation that the locals become a little antsy about it.

It's now official that London has more Darkies in it than white Brits or white immigrants.

Gone to hell in a basket. Destroyed forever.

And still, incredibly, there is not one English underground cell that's been formed to bring to summary justice the politicians who brought about this situation.

The UK had idiots in power who sent soldiers to die across the world in the Falklands to 'save it for Britain', with meanwhile the capital city was in the process of being flooded by blacks and Muslims.

« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2014 at 1:52pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #554 - Jun 14th, 2014 at 3:11pm

Don't forget the same Ding Dong Thatcher government cut pension rates for WWII veterans....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 95
Send Topic Print