Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107644 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #570 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 2:39am

no thanks

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #571 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 2:46am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 1:05am:
nk batts installers, bridge painters, stand up comedians  Cool, war correspondents, scaffolders, tall building constructors, prostitutes ... etc etc.

er wots this??  someone lost their legs..??  WWII .. i think I've wandered into another reality...   Grin Grin Cheesy

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #572 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 2:53am

abumpetyboohoo

live every day

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #573 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 7:42am

Emma wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 2:46am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 1:05am:
nk batts installers, bridge painters, stand up comedians  Cool, war correspondents, scaffolders, tall building constructors, prostitutes ... etc etc.

er wots this??  someone lost their legs..??  WWII .. i think I've wandered into another reality...   Grin Grin Cheesy

Emma darling - that's not my quote - that's Herb's response to my quote.. do be careful.

A discussion covers many avenues and aspects of avenues - and sometimes digresses momentarily from the main stream (kinda like writing your name in the snow if you're a bloke, ya know) of the discussion.  Herb and I were merely discussing how things can get out of hand when in the hands of politicians and such...

You need to look back over the whole discussion there to see how it developed.

Notwithstanding - it all adds to the fund of knowledge and helps people to work out social issues.   It's sort of an osmotic holistic process......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #574 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 9:29am

There is another thread open for your discussion kiddies.

A warm bong is awaitin' you there Emma.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #575 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 4:03pm

Amadd wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 9:29am:
     Posted on: Today at 9:29am
There is another thread open for your discussion kiddies.

I agree I keep thinking the case is over...and they are talking about....WHAT for goodness sake..
not a thing to do with poor old Rolf...

go away you interlopers..leave us detectives to our thread thank you.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #576 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 6:59pm

Cods I'm afraid your poor Rolf has been a dirty little boy............tic...tic...tic..time is running out for Rolf Octopus hands Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #577 - Jun 16th, 2014 at 10:44pm

red baron wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 6:59pm:
Cods I'm afraid your poor Rolf has been a dirty little boy............tic...tic...tic..time is running out for Rolf Octopus hands Wink

what does that mean??? you know more than we do I guess...

I did say poor OLD Rolf..at his age he should be sitting back sipping  his cocktail with his  slippers on.. watching Coronation ST... instead he is facing.......................well nothing good thats for sure..

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #578 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 12:54am

Baron, don't get your knickers in a knot. You read it wrong yet again buster  Grin

Cods is still on your side and y'all still don't require evidence to convict.

Happy now sunshine?  Wink

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #579 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 1:13am

When you fall backwards into a lynch mob mentality, you are offering yourself as something easily exploited. I don't like exploitation of any kind as much as the next person, but offering yourself up for exploitation is no way to take control of it.

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #580 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 7:28am

Amadd wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 12:54am:
Baron, don't get your knickers in a knot. You read it wrong yet again buster  Grin

Conviction in a court of law is one thing, but people don't necessarily have a 'lynch mentality' every time they make a decision without hard proof.
We do it every day, in lots of small ways. It's about balance of probabilities and it usually works well. It's one reason I am delaying travelling on the roads today till after 9am. I have no 'proof', it hasn't even happened yet, but I suspect the roads will be clogged with traffic before then.

In a similar way, some years ago a friend told me in confidence about how a priest had made a suss suggestion to her son. She immediately pulled her son out of being an alter boy and changed his school. Another adult told me her husband had once, decades earlier, been assaulted by that same priest.
So that was 3 of us who never witnessed a thing, but going on the evidence from people who were normally reliable, we believed the stories completely. Years later, that man was convicted after other people pressed charges.

Lynch mob mentality on our part? No, I don't believe so. Just the balance of probability.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #581 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 7:34am

red baron wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 6:59pm:

He'll never do time - he's too old.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #582 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 9:38am

Amadd wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 12:54am:

I still do not know WHAT EVIDENCE you would deem admissable after 20 years...

can you please explain what evidence a molested child should have collected at the time of the attack???...

just for future reference you understand??

because what you are basically saying is..

no one is guilty unless there is evidence.. like a corpse for instance.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

should a child keep said clothes for DNA for example???...its vital you tell us what a child needs to do at the time...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #583 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 9:43am

Amadd wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 1:13am:
When you fall backwards into a lynch mob mentality, you are offering yourself as something easily exploited. I don't like exploitation of any kind as much as the next person, but offering yourself up for exploitation is no way to take control of it.

I think you are taking the forums POWER far too seriously...one or two on here would throw him out with the bath water...and one or two do not believe he has done thing wrong..these are vindictive women..nothing else...

its just a chat forum..and it good we all have different points of view...we are not a lynch mob by any stretch.. so come down off your high horse.

and tell us what evidence you would require if you were the judge and jury on this type of case..

I am very interested in your obsession with wheres the evidence he touched them in appropriately..??????

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #584 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 9:44am

Amadd I'm not against Cods, I'm not against anyone. Just don't like hearing Rolf referred to as poor old Rolf, that sinister retrograde has caused a lot of life long problems for women he interfered with.

A happy day to all my fellow posters, may your lives be blessed with love, kindness and thoughtfulness towards others.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 95
Send Topic Print