Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107627 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #600 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:38am

cods wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 5:28pm:
Amadd wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
sherri wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 7:28am:
Amadd wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 12:54am:
Baron, don't get your knickers in a knot. You read it wrong yet again buster  Grin

Cods is still on your side and y'all still don't require evidence to convict.

Happy now sunshine?  Wink

Conviction in a court of law is one thing, but people don't necessarily have a 'lynch mentality' every time they make a decision without hard proof.
We do it every day, in lots of small ways. It's about balance of probabilities and it usually works well. It's one reason I am delaying travelling on the roads today till after 9am. I have no 'proof', it hasn't even happened yet, but I suspect the roads will be clogged with traffic before then.

In a similar way, some years ago a friend told me in confidence about how a priest had made a suss suggestion to her son. She immediately pulled her son out of being an alter boy and changed his school. Another adult told me her husband had once, decades earlier, been assaulted by that same priest.
So that was 3 of us who never witnessed a thing, but going on the evidence from people who were normally reliable, we believed the stories completely. Years later, that man was convicted after other people pressed charges.

Lynch mob mentality on our part? No, I don't believe so. Just the balance of probability.

Yes, any parent should easily tell when something is going on with their children. I'm not sure about the statements of the parents in Rolf's case. Maybe you can enlighten me on that one.

Of course people make judgements based on probability, and if it were a civil case (which it isn't) then the judge would do so also.

Cods, I don't think think that this forum has any specific power, however, it is a reflection of society as is a jury. I think many of the people here would be thrown off a jury due to their prejudices.

rubbish half a dozen people... get real...

btw you still havent answered my question??..

you are convinced no evidence no case...

ok what evidence would stand up to your high expectations.....if you were writing the new laws on this one???

Cods, I suppose the question should be, “What evidence do you need to convict?” as the burden of proof is on the prosecution.
For mine, I would like to see more witnesses of the alleged events, more substantiated evidence and a lot more from the parents.

There could be a number reasons the alleged victims have made a case against Rolf.  It could be a perceived lost chance at fame and fortune, it could be the promise of notoriety now, it could be the promise of money from Rolf and/or the tabloids, it could be an affair gone wrong, they may be sympathy seekers, it could be a personal vendetta of some other type, ..or of course, it could be that they merely want justice done for his wrongdoings.

It’s been shown that one of the alleged victims has lied to the police and made up a story for a magazine without any care of what her lies could cost Rolf.
The term “Octopus” seems to be the words of just one person and he was in fact not referred to in the industry as the octopus.
The alleged “groping” at the television show event was claimed to have occurred two or three years earlier than when Rolf attended which of course would make the alleged victim 2 or 3yrs. younger and make the charges sound much worse. So what did the prosecution do? They just widened the range to make it from ‘75 to ‘79.

I have no doubt that he’s done some morally wrong things in his 84yrs (and those who haven’t cast the first stones as they say), but I don’t see enough evidence there for an “assault of minors” conviction. I know a lot of women who would like to see him locked up because “all men are bastards”.
If the only conviction that will hold up at all is for “groping” (and I don’t see enough evidence for even that) then I suppose you’ve gotta ask what would you consider a grope back in the 70’s and 80’s?
I remember having my bum pinched and todge tickled on occasions at nightclubs back in the 80’s and 90’s ..ah the good ol' days. Maybe I should’ve gotten a better look at their faces. If they turned out to be famous today, I could have had some easy money coming my way couldn’t I?  Or is it different because I’m a bloke and I enjoyed it?
I could always say that I felt cheap and abused and it caused me alcohol problems. Especially (or maybe only) if I’d heard that others were filing complaints.

My point is to not trash his career before the jury decides. If  he is found guilty, then trash away. It’s up to the jury to decide. I’m not on the jury so I can’t judge all that’s transpired, however, the words of the judge seem be directing a guilty verdict.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #601 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:51am

Amadd wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:38am:
I have no doubt that he’s done some morally wrong things in his 84yrs (and those who haven’t cast the first stones as they say), but I don’t see enough evidence there for an “assault of minors” conviction. I know a lot of women who would like to see him locked up because “all men are bastards”.
If the only conviction that will hold up at all is for “groping” (and I don’t see enough evidence for even that) then I suppose you’ve gotta ask what would you consider a grope back in the 70’s and 80’s?
I remember having my bum pinched and todge tickled on occasions at nightclubs back in the 80’s and 90’s ..ah the good ol' days. Maybe I should’ve gotten a better look at their faces. If they turned out to be famous today, I could have had some easy money coming my way couldn’t I?  Or is it different because I’m a bloke and I enjoyed it?
I could always say that I felt cheap and abused and it caused me alcohol problems. Especially (or maybe only) if I’d heard that others were filing complaints.

My point is to not trash his career before the jury decides. If  he is found guilty, then trash away. It’s up to the jury to decide. I’m not on the jury so I can’t judge all that’s transpired, however, the words of the judge seem be directing a guilty verdict.

a lot of people came forward... can we presume a lot were almost identical...they did have many come forward amadd...but they chose 4 to go to court... another 10 I think it was who came forward were used as witness' and they told their experience..the case has gone on long enough do you think it would solve anything if say a 100 were put on the stand telling almost identical stories???... when someone is charged with serial murders they usually select the ones with the most details/evidence to put in court otherwise they would never get through them...

if you read more than the court case you will learn a lot more

you sound like you were very lucky indeed.. I think thats the difference.. were you under 13 at the time.you had your bum pinched?.. you could have had a charge made.. its the same law for girls and boys..

and thats what this case is about...it isnt alright to fumble a child..

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #602 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:04am

Yes it's the charges of fumbling children that I'm referring to. It's these charges which have conflicting evidence, such as the lady who lied to police, the one who carried on an 11yr relationship and the television event that Rolf was at 3yrs later than stated by the prosecution.

As for the groping of adults allegations, some men just saw it as their right to try it on back in those days before new laws were introduced. Not saying that it's any more right then than it is now but a bit of recognition of the times is required.
If he is found guilty of the allegations against minors then he is disgusting, but the others were usually taken care of with a slap in the face in those days. That would secure a double up paycheck for lawyers nowadays, one for sexual harassment and the other for assault ..lol

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2014 at 12:14pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #603 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:54pm

Amadd, I don't know what you're on about. Seriously, I haven't got the first clue where your writings on this subject are heading.

The proof is either there in this case or it isn't. I say it is but I am only going on daily reports of what has occurred.

The best people to decide are there in the form of the jury. I have enough confidence in our system to believe they will decide correctly.

The Judge has instructed the Jury on the cases put forward by both the Prosecution and the Defence.

I'm sure they will do the duty based on the evidence placed before them.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #604 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:08pm

cods wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 9:46am:
Bobby. wrote on Jun 17th, 2014 at 7:34am:
red baron wrote on Jun 16th, 2014 at 6:59pm:
Cods I'm afraid your poor Rolf has been a dirty little boy............tic...tic...tic..time is running out for Rolf Octopus hands Wink

He'll never do time - he's too old.

what good would it do???......

are we that hungry for revenge... I dont think so.

he is suffering more now than any of us can possibly imagine..its awful to watch to be honest..
but we cannot turn a blind eye to this behavior just because of who someone is..

The octopus is not feeling too well now.

He can rest easy knowing he won't have to do time due to his age.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #605 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:44pm

red baron wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:54pm:
Amadd, I don't know what you're on about. Seriously, I haven't got the first clue where your writings on this subject are heading.

The proof is either there in this case or it isn't. I say it is but I am only going on daily reports of what has occurred.

The best people to decide are there in the form of the jury. I have enough confidence in our system to believe they will decide correctly.

The Judge has instructed the Jury on the cases put forward by both the Prosecution and the Defence.

I'm sure they will do the duty based on the evidence placed before them.

That's fine if you see it as cut and dried, but I see many grey areas. I don't think it's wise to say that there is either proof or there isn't. Each charge must be decided on it's merits. As far as underage abuse goes, I see it as questionable and far from convincing given the evidence.
I definitely do reflect on my own experiences in this matter where the gf of one of my best mates gives me these terrible sideways glances when my mate's daughter drapes herself over me as she has always done since a child. I have known her since birth, however, my mate's gf has only a few years of knowledge and a lifetime as a feminist pig.  I get so uncomfortable that I'm always wanting the mate's daughter to go away and I sometimes even break out into sweat because of the hidden accusations of the gf.
It's not the reason I left that nation by any means. I always wanted a more simple life since my early 20's. It would be disappointing to see genuine affection sacrificed always in order to line the pockets of the legal system. The weastern world is definitely lacking some soul.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #606 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:53pm

a mixed message,  at best Amadd.

live every day

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #607 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:27pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:08pm:
Cods I'm afraid your poor Rolf has been a dirty little boy............tic...tic...tic..time is running out for Rolf Octopus hands Wink

he is suffering more now than any of us can possibly imagine..its awful to watch to be honest..
but we cannot turn a blind eye to this behavior just because of who someone is..

age will have little relevancy to his sentence, if any.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #608 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:31am

Emma wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 9:53pm:
a mixed message,  at best Amadd.

That's Ok, but heed my warning to not throw away the soul for nothing.

I can't understand how happily the soul will be sold  for the likes of an Iraq and Afghan war where probably millions have died and suffered terribly and then the soul gets sold again for the likes of a money grabbing scheme.
Why is it OK to sacrifice so many lives in the name of ?  and then dictate that the artful ones have to take the brunt of it? It's just a sham, and you guys are being well sucked in.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #609 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:34am

They dictate no genuine affection between us plebs, that they do.
In time you will realize it.

I don't know if you can fathom it, but somehow, a 15yr old male having his todge tickled by an 18yr old female is now more of a crime than blowing off the arms and legs of innocent kids. How tha hell did that happen?
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:48am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #610 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:13am

Amadd..!! 

Take your medication.!!

live every day

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #611 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 3:56am

ian wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 11:27pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:08pm:

age will have little relevancy to his sentence, if any.

Rubbish - how can they put such an old man who can hardly walk in jail?

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #612 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:47am

I don't think they'll put him in jail. I believe that the punishment of the trial is sufficient (if found guilty).

You have to remember when these alleged events took place. Back then the fondling of young girls was commonplace, it was swept under the carpet, not to be spoken about......men did it, men got away with it, that's just how it was.

I've asked women if they were 'touched inappropriately' when they were young. Surprisingly, many were, usually by frisky old uncles or their friends daddy. It's just something that happened, they learn to live with it, simply because it would be more trouble to prosecute after such a long time, and they also believe that no one would believe them anyway.

Right or wrong? Who knows?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #613 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:53am

Amadd wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 12:34am:
I don't know if you can fathom it, but somehow, a 15yr old male having his todge tickled by an 18yr old female is now more of a crime than blowing off the arms and legs of innocent kids. How tha hell did that happen?

It happened when the homosexuals took over the reins of power.

They don't want school teachers, bar maids, milk maids, maids in the shades and other breasted human beans to encourage young boys away from focussing on anal-sex as a preferred means of getting their cocks and rocks off.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #614 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 7:57am

Bobby. wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 3:56am:
Rubbish - how can they put such an old man who can hardly walk in jail?

Carry him ... and then sit him in his cell with Big Bad John, the recidivist homosexual rapist who suffers from a permanent case of priapism due to a pinched nerve.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 95
Send Topic Print