Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107607 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #630 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 11:20pm

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 6:36pm:
Amadd wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:33pm:
Quote:
dear amadd... we dont blow off arms and legs in this country...and as far as I know they dont do that in England either

Well if you listen to Tony Blair we don't, but we do.

I really do not understand why you are talking about that at all?

Quote:
amadd Rolf hasnt been charged with paedophilia...

I wasn't quite aware that one of the charges was a 7 or 8 yr old. Another 11. Yes that's peadophilia

well I havent heard that bit...the girls I thought were 13/14..

Quote:
maybe you are not a parent... if you think parents are glued to their children 24/7 until they are 18... I have news for you?..
what a stupid thing to say... more diligent..

Yes more diligent at being aware and educating children to talk about it immediately nomatter what the abuser tells them. Otherwise you end up in a situation like this where he has allegedly continued this behaviour and evidence is scant.

so at what AGE would you have parents warm their children..... you do realise that things we have to tell kids.. stranger danger... can be very frightening to them... so do you have an age in mind??..you are basically saying if these women who were children at the time of the happening...its their parents fault and not Rolfs....

so what do you think Rolfs parents should have told him when he was growing up???>.

do you think its ok for all parents to tell their boys at a young age ... what and who they can touch inappropriately??......

do we turn girls off their dads...or uncles...because these persons are well know for taking advantage of their children???...

where would you draw the line amadd??...

I am one of these people who think adults should know a little more than children...if you read emma peel experience you will find that a child doesnt always realise what is happening.at the time....but the adult does... Angry

in this case its Rolf.. and he would have got some enjoyment out of doing what its claimed he did.....is that ok with you???????..

because the parents didnt bring their girls up properly. to not go near dirty old men.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #631 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 12:21am

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 6:36pm:
Amadd wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 1:33pm:
Quote:
dear amadd... we dont blow off arms and legs in this country...and as far as I know they dont do that in England either

Well if you listen to Tony Blair we don't, but we do.

I really do not understand why you are talking about that at all?

Quote:
amadd Rolf hasnt been charged with paedophilia...

I wasn't quite aware that one of the charges was a 7 or 8 yr old. Another 11. Yes that's peadophilia

well I havent heard that bit...the girls I thought were 13/14..

Quote:
maybe you are not a parent... if you think parents are glued to their children 24/7 until they are 18... I have news for you?..
what a stupid thing to say... more diligent..

Yes more diligent at being aware and educating children to talk about it immediately nomatter what the abuser tells them. Otherwise you end up in a situation like this where he has allegedly continued this behaviour and evidence is scant.

so at what AGE would you have parents warm their children..... you do realise that things we have to tell kids.. stranger danger... can be very frightening to them... so do you have an age in mind??..you are basically saying if these women who were children at the time of the happening...its their parents fault and not Rolfs....

so what do you think Rolfs parents should have told him when he was growing up???>.

do you think its ok for all parents to tell their boys at a young age ... what and who they can touch inappropriately??......

do we turn girls off their dads...or uncles...because these persons are well know for taking advantage of their children???...

where would you draw the line amadd??...

I am one of these people who think adults should know a little more than children...if you read emma peel experience you will find that a child doesnt always realise what is happening.at the time....but the adult does... Angry

in this case its Rolf.. and he would have got some enjoyment out of doing what its claimed he did.....is that ok with you???????..

because the parents didnt bring their girls up properly. to not go near dirty old men.. Angry Angry

Cods I'm not saying that it's a parent's "fault" if their child is abused. There can be an almost equal amount of damage done by wrapping them in cotton wool, depending on the severity of abuse..imo. No I don't blame anyone for being uneducated if there is no source for education.

I feel for Emma's experience immensely, and a lot of times it can go by the wayside because the child thinks they will get into trouble if they say something.
I'm just saying that there needs to be better education for the parents to be able to get the message across in a non-threatening manner that the child must say something at the time.
And the parent should be able to recognise signals immediately as well. Unfortunately, work often dictates that the children are largely ignored, such is the state of the nation.

I had an experience of the likes myself as a child, but luckily for me, I wasn't alone in it. The reason we didn't say anything was because we wouldn't be allowed to go down to the river by ourselves again.

I couldn't take the evidence into account like the jury has, but I'd reckon that if I was on the jury I'd want to find him guilty on some counts even though the years passed makes it more difficult to do so.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #632 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:14am

cods wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 9:06am:
[
um pretty crude but to the point having watched a documentary on it in Afghanistan dancing boys I think it was called.. it was shattering.. absolutely disgusting...just thinking about it makes me ill...to think this is how it is today...and they think its A>OK.. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Im sure you watched every minute if it in absolute disgust, then watched it again to make sure.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #633 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:31am

Within this, I'm also lead to a point.
That point is that the longer you live, the more rotten apples you will encounter, and hopefully more good ones too. I would imagine that Rolf has been in fairly close contact with 10's of thousands of people over his lifetime.

It's far more likely that you will get a load of band wagoners jumping upon the money ship where the alleged offences occurred in history than if they were recent happenings. That's just a mathematical fact.

I think it's been well proven that some of these allegations have been doctored to suit the prosecution.
Alarmingly, the judge seems to point to the number of allegations as worthiness for the prosecution where it probably just points to the percentage of rotten apples out there over a long period of time.

I suppose you must ask yourself, have you encountered more or less rotten apples now than a combination of 20, 30, 40 or even 50yrs ago? It's a mathematical no-brainer really.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #634 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:59am

I'm just saying that the nunber of aquaintantces he has hd over the years must be taken into account by the jury.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2014 at 8:50am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #635 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 2:15am

take your meds Amadd.

I didn't say anything at the time because my mind hid it from me.. i knew I was not riding to school that way anymore .... because I didn't want to think about it I guess... It wasn't a conscious decision ... It wasn't till some time later.. I said 18 mths earlier, but I really have no idea how long it took,  before I told my Mum..  and that was ONLY  because Mum and I were in the car,  driving past the shop.  It just sort of popped out of my mouth.. Mum cringed.. 
I found out relatively recently that long before this.. in fact before I was born.. my oldest sister had also experienced inappropriate treatment.  It apparently went all the way to the Local Court.  The details  ..NO IDEA..  but like I said...  my Mum cringed... and we never spoke of it specifically again.

But..  I had been told not to talk to strangers etc....  previously.

Understand,  i'd been to the shop fairly regularly, and he was always behind the counter.  I didn't like or dislike him.. then.. he was a shopkeeper,, an adult. 

I think the only BLAME  lies with HIM.

NO ONE ELSE.  JUST HIM.!!!!!!

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #636 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 2:32am

IF .... AMADD ..? 

... this man had been of a profile such as ROLF....yes the almighty Rolf....such that his actions impinged on other children,  and became an ISSUE.... 

and I found out late in my life that others were following up,  under intense scrutiny... the things done to them.. ie done to me..... 
my name would be on the list... not for money ........ Gt bugger'd 
.. but for what  feels  RIGHT.

Revenge..???  No  I don't think so.   Money  ???..definitely NO. 

It would be more like  a  NEED,  an OBLIGATION ..to truth.

To lighten some of the ignorance that still rules...

FOR that  .. see your previous post(s)

live every day

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #637 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 8:21am

Amadd wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:31am:
That point is that the longer you live, the more rotten apples you will encounter, and hopefully more good ones too. I would imagine that Rolf has been in fairly close contact with 10's of thousands of people over his lifetime.

AMADD.. TIME ARE DIFFERENT TODAY TO WHAT THEY WERE EVEN 20 YEARS AGO...WE ARE FAR MORE LIKELY TO TALK ABOUT SEXUAL ABUSE NOW THAN EVER BEFORE...

It's far more likely that you will get a load of band wagoners jumping upon the money ship where the alleged offences occurred in history than if they were recent happenings. That's just a mathematical fact.

I DONT AGREE...HAS THIS BEEN RESOLVED WITH MONEY?.

BLACKMAIL YES....BUT TO GO TO COURT LEAVES BOTH SIDES WIDE OPEN..

I think it's been well proven that some of these allegations have been doctored to suit the prosecution.

JUST GETTING A DATE WRONG DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE DOCTORED...THIS HAPPENED TO CHILDREN YOU KEEP FORGETTING THAT

Alarmingly, the judge seems to point to the number of allegations as worthiness for the prosecution where it probably just points to the percentage of rotten apples out there over a long period of time.

THIS ISNT ABOUT PERCENTAGES...ITS ABOUT 1 MAN...WOULD YOU USE THAT ANALOGY IN A MURDER CASE?>

I suppose you must ask yourself, have you encountered more or less rotten apples now than a combination of 20, 30, 40 or even 50yrs ago? It's a mathematical no-brainer really.

WHAT THE?????....WHAT IS A ROTTEN APPLE????.. FOR GOODNESS SAKE..

.HOW MANY IVAN MILATS ARE THERE???......NOT JUST ONE THAT I AM SURE OF...

SO SHOULD THEY HAVE SAID ... WELL NOT MUCH POINT IN LOCKING HIM UP AS THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE LIKE HIM...SO WHY BOTHER?...... Cheesy Cheesy

stick to the point amadd.....this has got nothing to do with rotten apples..

and because it was a long time ago & there is no tangible evidence and it was a child..

it should not be dismissed...as if it didnt happen. Angry..people need to be heard..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #638 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 8:22am

Amadd wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:31am:

AMADD.. TIME ARE DIFFERENT TODAY TO WHAT THEY WERE EVEN 20 YEARS AGO...WE ARE FAR MORE LIKELY TO TALK ABOUT SEXUAL ABUSE NOW THAN EVER BEFORE...

I DONT AGREE...HAS THIS BEEN RESOLVED WITH MONEY?.

BLACKMAIL YES....BUT TO GO TO COURT LEAVES BOTH SIDES WIDE OPEN..

JUST GETTING A DATE WRONG DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE DOCTORED...THIS HAPPENED TO CHILDREN YOU KEEP FORGETTING THAT

THIS ISNT ABOUT PERCENTAGES...ITS ABOUT 1 MAN...WOULD YOU USE THAT ANALOGY IN A MURDER CASE?>

[b]WHAT THE?????....WHAT IS A ROTTEN APPLE????.. FOR GOODNESS SAKE..

and because it was a long time ago & there is no tangible evidence and it was a child.. it should not be dismissed...as if it didnt happen. >:

(..people need to be heard..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #639 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 8:31am

Emma wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 2:32am:
IF .... AMADD ..? 

... this man had been of a profile such as ROLF....yes the almighty Rolf....such that his actions impinged on other children,  and became an ISSUE.... 

and I found out late in my life that others were following up,  under intense scrutiny... the things done to them.. ie done to me..... 
my name would be on the list... not for money ........ Gt bugger'd 
.. but for what  feels  RIGHT.

Revenge..???  No  I don't think so.   Money  ???..definitely NO. 

It would be more like  a  NEED,  an OBLIGATION ..to truth.

To lighten some of the ignorance that still rules...

FOR that  .. see your previous post(s)

really sorry to hear you had such a bad experience emma my son in law.. had the same thing... and when you hear cases like this it all comes back to you doesnt it??...this is what people dont understand...you cannot forget it or dismiss it.. because of the constant reminders..

my son in  laws was due to the catholic School..so its in his face at this time as well..it must be horrible.. yet you have to deal with it alone...I agree its now out there.. and you can talk about it.. it isnt your crime after all and some may think it is.. and that just plain not right....Harris should have put his hand up he should never have gone this road....instead he has made it worse for everyone...I doubt these women have enjoyed one minute of this...but it had to be done...I trust they and you will get some form of relief this is out there..I wish you well.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #640 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 9:23am

red baron wrote on Jun 19th, 2014 at 6:49pm:
The Jury are about to retire, almost time for Rolf to walk that long, last, lonely road of infamy.

Grin Grin Grin

He'll cheer up in prison once they give him something to draw with and a pad of large drawing paper ...

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #641 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 9:44am

Quote:
WHAT THE?????....WHAT IS A ROTTEN APPLE????.. FOR GOODNESS SAKE..

and because it was a long time ago & there is no tangible evidence and it was a child.. it should not be dismissed...as if it didnt happen. >:

(..people need to be heard..

Cods you are the one who has a presumption of guilt.

I'm sure that you can't get this image out of your head that you've painted for yourself, and others, that he was widely known in the industry as an "octopus" when it was only a term used by one person.
You can't understand that there could be multiple reasons that people are choosing to testify against him as I stated earlier. A couple of  other reasons may be a distorted memory of events or a misunderstanding.

One thing for sure is that the longer you live, the more people you will meet who are willing to take you down at a drop of a hat.
Again, don't twist my meaning to say I'm defending child abusers, I'm defending a fair trial.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #642 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 9:59am

Emma wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 2:15am:
take your meds Amadd.

I didn't say anything at the time because my mind hid it from me.. i knew I was not riding to school that way anymore .... because I didn't want to think about it I guess... It wasn't a conscious decision ... It wasn't till some time later.. I said 18 mths earlier, but I really have no idea how long it took,  before I told my Mum..  and that was ONLY  because Mum and I were in the car,  driving past the shop.  It just sort of popped out of my mouth.. Mum cringed.. 
I found out relatively recently that long before this.. in fact before I was born.. my oldest sister had also experienced inappropriate treatment.  It apparently went all the way to the Local Court.  The details  ..NO IDEA..  but like I said...  my Mum cringed... and we never spoke of it specifically again.

But..  I had been told not to talk to strangers etc....  previously.

Understand,  i'd been to the shop fairly regularly, and he was always behind the counter.  I didn't like or dislike him.. then.. he was a shopkeeper,, an adult. 

I think the only BLAME  lies with HIM.

NO ONE ELSE.  JUST HIM.!!!!!!

Of course I have sympathy for your terrible experience Emma, which is precisely why I say that parents also need to be better educated. No it's not your Mum's fault by any means, but not speaking about it again is a very poor way to handle it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #643 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 4:54pm

Amadd wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 9:44am:
Cods you are the one who has a presumption of guilt.

I'm sure that you can't get this image out of your head that you've painted for yourself, and others, that he was widely known in the industry as an "octopus" when it was only a term used by one person.
You can't understand that there could be multiple reasons that people are choosing to testify against him as I stated earlier. A couple of  other reasons may be a distorted memory of events or a misunderstanding.

One thing for sure is that the longer you live, the more people you will meet who are willing to take you down at a drop of a hat.
Again, don't twist my meaning to say I'm defending child abusers, I'm defending a fair trial.

that one person happened to say.. WIDELY KNOWN IN THE INDUSTRY..

WHAT DOES WIDELY KNOWN..MEAN TO YOU?

or would you only be happy if everyone in the industry said it.??

as it is I have never claimed he is guilty??... what would I know....I am mainly talking about what he has been CHARGED WITH...

we cannot claim anything on here.. ok one or two do.. but as many that claim hes guilty there are those who say otherwise.... or even worse.. it should never have been brought up... those who complain should shut up..because of the time thats gone by.... pathetic..

we are mainly saying  or I am at least YES he should have been brought before the courts..the police took a heck of a long time going over all that the accused brought before them.. they would not have charged him had they thought it would fail....there were 4 accusers in court and 10 witness'

you are also pointing the finger calling the accusers liars and looking for money an d distorting the truth...and on and on...he is by law innocent until proven otherwise....he chose to defend himself..not very well from what I have read..

what I am saying is.. just because this is a celeb.. doesnt make it any the less evil...

I think I also said I wouldnt want to be on the jury,....
because I am sure even if its only one or two.. they must be asking themselves what point is this doing....

which I think was behind the judge directing them to have a unanimous finding...
because he knows it wont be easy....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #644 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:10pm

Quote:
I think I also said I wouldnt want to be on the jury,....
because I am sure even if its only one or two.. they must be asking themselves what point is this doing....

which I think was behind the judge directing them to have a unanimous finding...
because he knows it wont be easy....

Question for you cods.

If they come back to the Judge with the firm and repeated (if necessary) comment ` "We are unable to reach a unanimous verdict," what ought the Judge do?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 95
Send Topic Print