Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107577 times)
Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #690 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:12pm

cods wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:05am:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
The Queen would give protection in the way of medals.

Prince Charles and Jimmy Savile were good mates.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RuVzaLHM5KE/UNZJZp0BYEI/AAAAAAAABvM/gyL8LDsnLRQ/s1600/...

was Jimmy Saville knighted?????

He was.

He was awarded the OBE in 1971 and was knighted in 1990.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

And this....it seems that you have to be living for the queen to remove your knighthood. I don't understand how they can give him a second knighthood and then strip him of it....still dead isn't he.

Revealed: Bizarre plan to give Jimmy Savile a second knighthood so he can be stripped of it publicly

A constitutional bar preventing the dead from having their knighthoods removed means the government's forfeiture committee cannot strip Savile of the accolade

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261788/Bizarre-plan-Jimmy-Savile-second...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #691 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:13pm

bump page.............

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #692 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:13pm

bump page again............

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #693 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:18pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 4:12pm:
cods wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 7:05am:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:11pm:
The Queen would give protection in the way of medals.

Prince Charles and Jimmy Savile were good mates.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RuVzaLHM5KE/UNZJZp0BYEI/AAAAAAAABvM/gyL8LDsnLRQ/s1600/...

was Jimmy Saville knighted?????

He was.

He was awarded the OBE in 1971 and was knighted in 1990.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

And this....it seems that you have to be living for the queen to remove your knighthood. I don't understand how they can give him a second knighthood and then strip him of it....still dead isn't he.

Revealed: Bizarre plan to give Jimmy Savile a second knighthood so he can be stripped of it publicly

A constitutional bar preventing the dead from having their knighthoods removed means the government's forfeiture committee cannot strip Savile of the accolade

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261788/Bizarre-plan-Jimmy-Savile-second...

many blessings

we have divine beings on the case ..

as the hounds yelp and flee !

we shall see justice dear ones

fear not for all is well enough

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

True Blue...
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #694 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:22pm

cods wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 7:36pm:
it_is_the_light wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 5:57pm:

not healthy is it?????..personally I think they should have the title removed if proven guilty...even if they are dead... doesnt matter

being Knighted is an honor goes back centuries...

Rolf isnt knighted but he was still honored...

its wrong and insulting to all their victims..

but at least lets find them guilty first.

did you see the honour list for australia this year cods on the queens birthday... over 700 people !!!!   what A joke...it means nothing

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #695 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 3:25pm

True Blue... wrote on Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:22pm:
cods wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 7:36pm:
it_is_the_light wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 5:57pm:

not healthy is it?????..personally I think they should have the title removed if proven guilty...even if they are dead... doesnt matter

being Knighted is an honor goes back centuries...

Rolf isnt knighted but he was still honored...

its wrong and insulting to all their victims..

but at least lets find them guilty first.

did you see the honour list for australia this year cods on the queens birthday... over 700 people !!!!   what A joke...it means nothing

well I dont know....its nice to be rewarded in some way...I am never mentioned...  Cheesy....

look it doesnt cost much I am not against it but I am against anyone getting an award and then being charged with something like this...and a Knighthood is a top honor.. opens doors lets face it.. and they should not be allowed to keep it..

I see the Rolf jury are having a lot of bother.. whats the betting they will never all agree... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

then what??????????..

seeing as how the judge has put a huge ask on them to all agree 100%... perhaps he should give his verdict....... Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #696 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:03pm

I haven't checked for Links, but I did hear an ABC Radio News comment that the Jury asked for more guidance on the extent to which, if any, the evidence which was solely relevant to complaint A, might be considered by them when they consider other complaints.  This is a very tricky area as I posted several times up there ^^^^^^^^, and it is obviously causing problems.  It also suggests that the Jury are not convinced they ought convict on Complaint say C (or maybe even all of them) unless they allow their conclusions to be impacted by the existence of evidence of other complaints.

Very tricky stuff.  Dangerous.  To make it silly but easy to understand ~ Bozo is charged with raping three women, and at different times and places.  The charges are heard together ~ so, if the Jury conclude they are satisfied Bozo is guilty on one charge, can they allow that conclusion to be part of considering guilt on the other two.  'Well he raped her, therefore he probably raped the other two ~ guilty on all three.'

Nah.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #697 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 5:00pm

Sir Saville was quite the charmer!  Who did the due diligence at Buckingham Palace?   I reckon the claim of necrophilia is weak.  How the hell is that proven?  But, it seems Sir Jimmy was a very nasty bastard.

Click here.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #698 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:07pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:03pm:
I haven't checked for Links, but I did hear an ABC Radio News comment that the Jury asked for more guidance on the extent to which, if any, the evidence which was solely relevant to complaint A, might be considered by them when they consider other complaints.  This is a very tricky area as I posted several times up there ^^^^^^^^, and it is obviously causing problems.  It also suggests that the Jury are not convinced they ought convict on Complaint say C (or maybe even all of them) unless they allow their conclusions to be impacted by the existence of evidence of other complaints.

Very tricky stuff.  Dangerous.  To make it silly but easy to understand ~ Bozo is charged with raping three women, and at different times and places.  The charges are heard together ~ so, if the Jury conclude they are satisfied Bozo is guilty on one charge, can they allow that conclusion to be part of considering guilt on the other two.  'Well he raped her, therefore he probably raped the other two ~ guilty on all three.'

Nah

Well.  Aussie I  don't agree with the interpretation you have that complaints.. of a similar nature, should be heard and considered separately .. that is .. well pretty impossible in these circumstances,, logistically... for a start. 
BUT furthermore it is not a reasonable approach,  in this matter.
Not in Law nor in fairness...
You may hold that separate testimonies from different witnesses over different times,  for similar acts,, PROVES the witnesses are liars... 

altho I fail to see how you could reach such an opinion. Surely like testimony is 'corroborative'..???

It seems a very contrary, or what's the legal term?... 

'perverse'
  thats it.. a perverse conclusion you put here.  Huh

live every day

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #699 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:22pm

Emma wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:07pm:
Aussie wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 4:03pm:

Nah

Well.  Aussie I  don't agree with the interpretation you have that complaints.. of a similar nature, should be heard and considered separately .. that is .. well pretty impossible in these circumstances,, logistically... for a start. 
BUT furthermore it is not a reasonable approach,  in this matter.
Not in Law nor in fairness...
You may hold that separate testimonies from different witnesses over different times,  for similar acts,, PROVES the witnesses are liars... 

altho I fail to see how you could reach such an opinion. Surely like testimony is 'corroborative'..???

It seems a very contrary, or what's the legal term?... 

'perverse'
  thats it.. a perverse conclusion you put here.  Huh

'You did it yesterday, so you must have done it today?' Yes?

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #700 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:45pm

No.. but that IS your take.. as you have made clear. ... 

that is NOT what this is about...  not at all.
Are you suggesting some sort of 'mob' mentality..?? 

I don't think so.

This is about credibility..  this is about clear thought.. not base assumptions. I would suggest the Jury WANTS to hear ALL the witness evidence...  and .. why do YOU think this is unfair,,?? after all... the JUDGE has required a unanimous verdict.  The JURY  .. MUST  take into account all available testimony...

and ... I can see NO REASON  WHY  these different witnesses  should be so isolated.. as you seem to suggest is  'right'.
You say it is he said she said??  But it is not.. it is  ' He said, she said ,she said, she said,  she said,  she said....... '

This must go fully to the Jury... else...????   WHY have a JURY..???  or  a  LAW SYSTEM  at all.?

I think you are incorrect...  that it is clearly an abrogation of Justice to do as you would prefer.

We aren't empowering the Jury., . if we follow your interp.

...  It is the Jury who must decide.  ,  and ALL RELEVANT TESTIMONY SHOULD BE HEARD. This is very important.!!!

live every day

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #701 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:51pm

Emma wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 7:45pm:
No.. but that IS your take.. as you have made clear. ... 

that is NOT what this is about...  not at all.
Are you suggesting some sort of 'mob' mentality..?? 

I don't think so.

This is about credibility..  this is about clear thought.. not base assumptions. I would suggest the Jury WANTS to hear ALL the witness evidence...  and .. why do YOU think this is unfair,,?? after all... the JUDGE has required a unanimous verdict.  The JURY  .. MUST  take into account all available testimony...

and ... I can see NO REASON  WHY  these different witnesses  should be so isolated.. as you seem to suggest is  'right'.
You say it is he said she said??  But it is not.. it is  ' He said, she said ,she said, she said,  she said,  she said....... '

This must go fully to the Jury... else...????   WHY have a JURY..???  or  a  LAW SYSTEM  at all.?

I think you are incorrect...  that it is clearly an abrogation of Justice to do as you would prefer.

We aren't empowering the Jury., . if we follow your interp.

...  It is the Jury who must decide.  ,  and ALL RELEVANT TESTIMONY SHOULD BE HEARD. This is very important.!!!

Emma,  I've not said any of that, at all. 

Is it good enough for a Jury to convict on the basis that 'He did it Monday......' so ipso facto (by that fact alone) he did it Friday?

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #702 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 8:01pm

..  It is the Jury who must decide.  ,  and ALL RELEVANT TESTIMONY SHOULD BE HEARD. This is very important.!!!
...Emma Peel

Is it good enough for a Jury to convict on the basis that 'He did it Monday......' so ipso facto (by that fact alone) he did it Friday?
...Aussie

ipso facto... (on the face of it....)   NO.. but that is NOT the matter at issue here.

That is not a relevant question at all.. it merely furthers
your view that the case against Rolf is fraudulent or  shall I say perhaps  .. UNSOUND IN LAW.

I say again.. I do not agree...
These cases ARE SETTING PRECEDENT..,. you would have to agree.. surely.. ( dont call me Shirley  Angry)

YOU are saying that several independent witnesses cannot be believed.
The world is crying out for Justice  WELL ..HALF THE WORLD  anyway...

Now is the time and these are the things THAT MATTER.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #703 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 8:16pm

Don't you agree Aussie..??

That this Rolf Harris matter is a polarising and definitive moment in legal history..??

We have many issues involved here...  EVERYONE has an interest...  be they oh so narrow.. and the point is.... 

How effective are our Laws in protecting the innocent.  ??

Like it or NOT...

here we see the consequences of the abuse of entitlement.. fame.. and power.. 
perhaps..some lessons learned..?

Sad

live every day

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #704 - Jun 27th, 2014 at 8:16pm

Emma wrote on Jun 27th, 2014 at 8:01pm:
..  It is the Jury who must decide.  ,  and ALL RELEVANT TESTIMONY SHOULD BE HEARD. This is very important.!!!
...Emma Peel

...Aussie

ipso facto... (on the face of it....)   NO.. but that is NOT the matter at issue here.

That is not a relevant question at all.. it merely furthers
your view that the case against Rolf is fraudulent or  shall I say perhaps  .. UNSOUND IN LAW.

Umm...no, I've never said that, or anything like that.

I say again.. I do not agree...
These cases ARE SETTING PRECEDENT..,. you would have to agree.. surely.. ( dont call me Shirley  Angry)

Pretty sure I haven't.

YOU are saying that several independent witnesses cannot be believed. 
No, I have not said that at all.

The world is crying out for Justice  WELL ..HALF THE WORLD  anyway...
Well I do hope they also cry for Justice as Law delivers, not their own personal version of it.

Now is the time and these are the things THAT MATTER. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 95
Send Topic Print