Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107526 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #750 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:09pm

ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 3:50pm:
....eyewitness testimony is notoriously innacurate anyway and medical professionals are also notorious for implanting "experiences" in childrens minds. so where does that leave us?

But Ian... we are not talking about EYE witness accounts here.
Are we?? 

Has someone come forward and said they witnessed assaults by RH.?  I don't know.. I doubt it..  so your point is  what?  exactly.??

perhaps medical professionals Smiley may be responsible..??
Grin Grin Grin Grin [/quote]

You do realise an alleged  victim can be an eyewtiness also dont you? [/quote]

Do I?  No...  I don't see how that would work .. at least here..  you are saying..???

... a respondent can also be treated independently... as  an eyewitness..in the same matter..??

I  don't really see how that would work...
Perhaps possible if they were eye witness to some other alleged crime... but in their own  matter..?? 

Don't think so,..  Anyone like to add some advice..?? or  opinion  .. Roll Eyes if you must..

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #751 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:30pm

The unfortunate truth is that the average time spent in jail by convicted paedophiles is just 2 years.... Lord Herbert

I have no doubt you are in the range there herbie....  they are just too much trouble for the Prison system to contain.. so they're in and out pretty quick... 

but your relevance is..???  This is to do with RH  how..?   

....it seems I find myself always trying to get some clear statements from people...  and you know..?  no reference here to you herbie..  Smiley    the more obfuscation one encounters on pursuing a point .. the more one understands what degree of liar  one is dealing with.

OFF POINT FOR a MO..  but has lateral relevance..   Smiley
So..
..It  does  seem LIARS are ruling the day...  if one accepts my preposition...see BOLD  above

. Smiley Smiley 

Look at our current mighty Leaders..Have never heard MORE obfuscation,  misdirection, red herrings and beat ups... ie LIES in my life before.. so blatant  ... so deceitful.. so secretive  .. so confident in their apparent supremacy..

I looked for an emoticon to indicate  VOMIT.....
TECHNICOLOUR YAWN ...
SADLY nothing comes up.. so... please see the umbrellas above...  Grin

thats to ward of the ...........    Smiley Grin

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #752 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:41pm

da da da dump  ta dump ta dummer duh dump ta dump
ta dummer ta dump ta dump ta dump ta dump taaa daaaaaa.....
repeat..
and add
dump ta 

and

S..... S.....
S.....
the B..h K.......

live every day

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #753 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:53pm

Emma wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:09pm:
ian wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 3:50pm:
....eyewitness testimony is notoriously innacurate anyway and medical professionals are also notorious for implanting "experiences" in childrens minds. so where does that leave us?

But Ian... we are not talking about EYE witness accounts here.
Are we?? 

Has someone come forward and said they witnessed assaults by RH.?  I don't know.. I doubt it..  so your point is  what?  exactly.??

perhaps medical professionals Smiley may be responsible..??
Grin Grin Grin Grin

Do I?  No...  I don't see how that would work .. at least here..  you are saying..???

... a respondent can also be treated independently... as  an eyewitness..in the same matter..??

Perhaps possible if they were eye witness to some other alleged crime... but in their own  matter..?? 

Don't think so,..  Anyone like to add some advice..?? or  opinion  .. Roll Eyes if you must..

[/quote]what  do you think eye witness means? Of course alleged victims are eye witnesses, why on earth would they be treated "independently"? You really need to learn a few things Emma,  you really come over as another version of Cods.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #754 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:56pm

Emma wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 10:30pm:
The unfortunate truth is that the average time spent in jail by convicted paedophiles is just 2 years.... Lord Herbert

I have no doubt you are in the range there herbie....  they are just too much trouble for the Prison system to contain.. so they're in and out pretty quick... 

Thats also pure abject nonsense, prison terms arent handed out on the basis of prisoners being difficult to contain despite that being nonsense also.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #755 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 2:22am

you'd know this is pure nonsense,  how exactly..??

Lord Herbert says ....The unfortunate truth is that the average time spent in jail by convicted paedophiles is just 2 years.

Now I use this purely as an example...   L H says AVE 2 YRS..that means a convicted pedo could be in jail for a week,,  or  10 yrs.. ... depending..  but I'd suggest again... that minimal sentencing is the rule when it comes to these convicted offenders,,,  unless of course,, they are also murderers,  so one or two child killers would skew the average... 
stats are not reliable,

but I ask again.. on what basis do you say this is nonsense..?? 'Cos you don't agree..??  or  is there some thing else you'd like to add in support..??  . 

what  do you think eye witness means?

Of course alleged victims are eye witnesses, why on earth would they be treated "independently"?

You really need to learn a few things Emma,  you really come over as another version of Cods.

Do you see how confused you are .. Hmmm??? 
I replied to you as per all the above ... 

and OK I should have said Complainant not Respondent .. Smiley Smiley Smiley oops got confused..

BUT still  how can a complainant also be an eyewitness to the offense..???  That IS nonsense... 
A Complainant can give testimony ...  but they are not eye witnesses.. 
definition of eyewitness..???

n. A person who has seen a particular event or act and can describe it, for example in Court.

DO you note it doesn't includes participants in the act.. ?? 

Your comprehension is lacking here...  we seem to be incapable of understanding each other..

YOU seem to be saying each complainant (preferable to 'alleged victim' )  should be looked at as an individual matter, and no crossover evidence should be allowed,  by other Complainants...  because...???

Well thats what I thought you were saying... that they should not be able to give testimony,, as a sort of group,, but be examined individually.
I AM saying..all the complainants testimony should be heard as a whole...

Sorry if this is a bit beyond you.. you are remarkably one-eyed...   Grin Grin

live every day

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #756 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 7:46am

Lord Herbert
Quote:
The unfortunate truth is that the average time spent in jail by convicted paedophiles is just 2 years....

There are segregated sections for 'prisoners-at-risk' from the general population of inmates.

but your relevance is..???  This is to do with RH  how..?

Hypothetically, austranger killing Rolf Harris for molesting one of his children would see him inside prison for many times longer than the average time paedophiles spend in prison after a conviction.

....it seems I find myself always trying to get some clear statements from people...  and you know..?  no reference here to you herbie..  Smiley    the more obfuscation one encounters on pursuing a point .. the more one understands what degree of liar  one is dealing with.

You've cut me to the quick! I'm a LIAR now!

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to Soldier on Regardless.  Undecided

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #757 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:17am

cods wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 2:04pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 1:29pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 11:20am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 28th, 2014 at 9:24am:
I thought this trial had ended - what's the verdict?  Anyone?

Also - I always thought Jimmy Saville looked rather strange.....

Strange? I've never seen such an evil face outside of a Hollywood horror movie.

I have to agree - I mean he had 'the look' of something weird....

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/10/5/134946482804...

Could have used him instead of Jeremy Irons in The Time Machine - as the Warlock or whatever it was...

he looks the creep he is portrayed  as  evil and creepy I wouldnt let a child with 100 feet of him to be honest..how or what this guy had to make him such a celeb I will never understand...he just looks what he is evil.

From what I have read of the guy, he was psychotic and quite a few people knew it. Not only with kids, but with dead bodies. How it never broke in the news way earlier, I do not know.

BUT I don't know if you can really judge evil by someone's physical appearance. I guess we make judgements all the time, based on dress etc

But whacky/weird doesn't necessarily translate to evil.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #758 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:20am

If it is a hung Jury which is looking more and more likely; can we look forward to another exciting trial with a daily walk for the cameras by the Rolf United team?

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #759 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:25am

red baron wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:20am:
If it is a hung Jury which is looking more and more likely; can we look forward to another exciting trial with a daily walk for the cameras by the Rolf United team?

Don't forget the jury has a lot of information to sift through, over 30 years of history so it's not unusual that it could take a long time for some to decide.

I don't think they will have another trial.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #760 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 9:00am

sherri wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:17am:
BUT I don't know if you can really judge evil by someone's physical appearance. I guess we make judgements all the time, based on dress etc

Whatever you say, sherri ...

Here's lookin' at you, kid!

... ...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #761 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 9:44am

Not before he gives them a chance at a 'majority' verdict.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #762 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 10:05am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 9:00am:
sherri wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 8:17am:

Whatever you say, sherri ...

Here's lookin' at you, kid!

[url=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/ruffdiamond/media/January 2013/savile2_zpsd49d14d9.png.html][url]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/ruffdiamond/January 2013/savile2_zpsd49d14d9.png[/url][/URL] [url=http://s38.photobucket.com/user/ruffdiamond/media/January 2013/sherri_zpsfadf09bc.png.html][url]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/ruffdiamond/January 2013/sherri_zpsfadf09bc.png[/url][/URL]

will you stop posting up those pics...I am beginning to worry about you herb..you seem to have quite a collection of nasty...

I mean he scares me.... Cry

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #763 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 1:32pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 29th, 2014 at 9:44am:

Not before he gives them a chance at a 'majority' verdict.

I oppose majority verdicts for the simple reason that the ONLY safeguard genuinely available in law for an accused is the doubt in the mind of a juror.  Many accused are convicted on assumption, supposition, innuendo, and outright lies.. more often then you think...  and if one person sees the validity of dealing with proven fact to the proper standard - that person constitutes a majority of one.

How would YOU like to be convicted by a majority verdict knowing youa re innocent?

Up to one in six, by any rendering of serious criminal convictions, are wrongful convictions.  It stands to reason for anyone with any expereince that in traffic etc matters, that could be as high as 100%... since zero proof is demanded by courts over such 'minor' matters which mysteriously recoup money for the state and run the court system for free for them.

Problem with that - and also with the massive reduction in demand for evidence and proof in DV etc issues - is that it lowers the value of the NEED for properly proven evidence in the eyes of courts, magistrates, judges, and the public as well - including the public on juries.

Come back and argue the next time you are pinged for 'not wearing a seat belt' by a cop passing five lanes away on a six-laner at 110 km each way..... or are pinged - as my ex was - for doing 119 km/h at night when she drives slowly for wildlife while slowing down uphill on a bend to make a 90 degree turn to go home.. and then be accused by the same sleepy cop of trying to get away from him by turning off!  Woke him up and startled him - or he was one of those crazies that should not be allowed out of the station - let alone in the police force.

NEVER defend police and courts to me - many of these are the greatest criminals in this country.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #764 - Jun 29th, 2014 at 1:52pm

Quote:
How would YOU like to be convicted by a majority verdict knowing youa re innocent?

I'd be pissed orf if a unanimous decision meant I was convicted of an offence I did not commit.

These majority verdicts are a relatively recent thing ~ about six years old in Qld.  I don't think it means an outcome is accepted if the majority is 7/5, either way.  I think it may at most be 10/12 either way, but of that I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2014 at 2:22pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 95
Send Topic Print