Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107531 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #795 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:28pm

well shucks..   Smiley

as for RH.. we are still waiting for the verdict are we not..?

so waffle on I say..  the issues around this case.. RH..  are universally significant...

NOT because he is RH...No No No..  because he is one of several current or recent cases brought forward to face the Court...  ie  the Law. ie the People.

How it is conducted is extremely important for future cases... and it seems at last... Law ENFORCEMENT  is starting to realise it's duty.

That has to be GOOD NEWS.!!  ( I hope)

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #796 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:30pm

That has to be GOOD NEWS.!!  ( I hope) 
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:45pm by Emma »  

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #797 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:39pm

histrionic is another assessment of me by another.
.... hey I welcome them all...
we speak and say much more than we realise.........

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #798 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:43pm

not sure what is  happening here..  so I'll post away..  perhaps it'll unblock the logjam..

histrionic and discursive are other words given in an assessment of me by another.

How TRUE.!!  Smiley

.... hey I welcome them all...
we speak and say much more than we realise.........

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #799 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 7:47pm

it worked..  naturally..  Wink

live every day

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #800 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 9:26pm

You're on a roll, Emma! ~ and I don't mean you're a frankfurter!  Grin

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #801 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 10:05pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 1:09pm:
[
If you read Emma's offerings carefully you'll realise she is highly educated, well informed, and intelligent ~
Not enoguht to know what eye witness means in the english language. Quote:
and is an original literary talent who is simply before her time.
Nah, theres still plenty of burnt out brain dead old hippies around Herb, you should get around more.

Quote:
I can see the day when her writings will fetch cheque-book prices at auction, and school children will be studying Classical Emma instead of Shakespeare.

Smiley 
Yes, when opium becomes legal.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #802 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 10:20pm

In my own area I have noticed a much higher reporting and actioning of DVO's.

t seems Enforcement it finally taking crimes against women and children a bit more seriously.  But.. we hear of males (mainly)  being arrested for breaching DVO's  daily..  we never hear the outcomes...  which leaves me to wonder..

now Police are lifting their game .. wonder of wonders.... 

but what happens in the Courts..?

The final outcome of the RH case will be VERY INTERESTING.!!

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #803 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:03pm

ian wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 10:05pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 1:09pm:
[
If you read Emma's offerings carefully you'll realise she is highly educated, well informed, and intelligent ~
Not enoguht to know what eye witness means in the english language. Quote:
and is an original literary talent who is simply before her time.
Nah, theres still plenty of burnt out brain dead old hippies around Herb, you should get around more.

Quote:
I can see the day when her writings will fetch cheque-book prices at auction, and school children will be studying Classical Emma instead of Shakespeare.

Smiley 
Yes, when opium becomes legal.

You speak for yourself Ian... you don't sound exactly ummmmmmmm    all here... if you get my drift.. and you ARE incapable of a reasoned response...  so  ..???

you say more than you realise Ian...

live every day

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #804 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:14pm

cods wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:12am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 8:58am:
cods wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 8:44am:
a real live savior  a real HERO..

whats this got to do with Rolf btw? Cheesy

bitchy bitchy. Who made you mod for the day?

did I ban you... well did I?? maybe I will..

you have been hanging by a thread for a long time herb... and well you know it...how does 5 min sound.

Now now - Rolfie might not like that.... but off with his head!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #805 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:23pm

Emma wrote on Jun 30th, 2014 at 10:20pm:
In my own area I have noticed a much higher reporting and actioning of DVO's.

t seems Enforcement it finally taking crimes against women and children a bit more seriously.  But.. we hear of males (mainly)  being arrested for breaching DVO's  daily..  we never hear the outcomes...  which leaves me to wonder..

now Police are lifting their game .. wonder of wonders.... 

but what happens in the Courts..?

The final outcome of the RH case will be VERY INTERESTING.!!

The trouble with AVOs is that, here at least - they are far to open to abuse, and are indeed illegal.  No government has the right to dictate that a court may intervene (i.e. exercise the legalised violence of the court) in the life of a person who has not been found guilty of any offence.  The moment a person loses the right to fair discussion of differences, and the attempt to discuss fairly is the reason for legalised violence against that person - a state of civil war has been declared by the government and its agencies.

THAT is why cops are killed in domestics - for intervening without proper reason and approaching the entire issue with a violent intent themselves, including that imposition by courts.

Therefore the courts have no right to impose orders at all in any way - since these are an abrogation of the Rule of Law themselves - there is and can be no crime in breaching them.

Now - they are always welcome to go back to the drawing board and bring their 'violence' order into line with Law - without proof of wrongdoing - stay out of other people's business.  Substituting the possibility of violence with official violence will never be an answer and will only exacerbate the violence in society.

I would suggest they do so yesterday.... and get on with it.... before the whole thing blows up in their arrogant Fascist faces.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #806 - Jun 30th, 2014 at 11:58pm

Kegs ...  I can see it from both sides ...
DVO's are an imperfect solution... as to whether they are  in themselves, lawful or not ..  I have not had cause to research..  so I cannot comment on that.

However...  from personal experience....   ??  DVO's are pretty worthless..  and I am speaking about worthless in doing what they are supposed to do......   

mostly they are ignored,, and the women and/or children are NOT afforded protection from violent partners, as intended.
Hence the frequent breaches.

Why Have them at all?? 
A question.. yeah.

Now I see your position comes from another place.....

These are MY words   
What I take from your post...

You object to them altogether... as an inappropriate, unwarranted,  unwanted and illegal infringement  of personal freedom and the sanctity of marriage..?? 

Uh  sorry.. perhaps I'll read your post again..

OK SO  you say

"Substituting the possibility of violence with official violence will never be an answer and will only exacerbate the violence in society."

SEE  I have a problem with this....   Here, anyway,  DVO's are sought,  often only by the Police, AFTER  VIOLENCE has happened. 
So..it isn't what you say.....  replacing possible violence... 
it is trying to prevent FURTHER violence....

Whatever you may feel about society imposing itself on family relationships,, it is undeniably a part of our culture..has been for a long time.. for better or for worse.

Often we see reports of women and/or children being murdered.. AFTER these DVO - type legal instruments are issued.....,  As YOU point out..

can you suggest a better alternative..?

live every day

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #807 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:17am

'Old it, Bruvvas an' Sistahs!   ABC 24 News says Rolf Harris found guilty on all four charges... on bail pending sentencing.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #808 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:29am

Unfortunately, Emma - what actually makes AVOs etc in isolation illegal is that NO violence has occurred - i.e no offence has taken place and thus the sanction of the courts is illegal and is nothing more or less than State violence itself.

In the absence of any properly proven charge of violence.. as I've stated elsewhere and here (I think).... an AVO or DVO is in and of itself proof positive that NO act of violence has taken place.  These are only in place to PREVENT violence - and thus are themselves an abrogation of the rule of Law that requires that ONLY an offence may be actioned by the courts.

Such things are deeply offensive to any person caught up in them, theya re often abused for petty personal advantage, there are ALWAYS two ways about such things, the 'definition' of 'vioilence' is patently absurd and incorporates any complaint at all (these things were NOT set in place to 'protect' anyone - they were set in place to permit the state to steal legally owned and licensed firearms in the community - hence the zero requirement for any proof at all -they were and remain an end run around democracy - and are thus an offence again) and as I've said previously, the occasional dire outcomes have always followed the imposition of such an order - which leads me to ponder how much of an effect that imposition has had on the final result.

Had the 'order' NOT been imposed without proper reason - perhaps the ultimate sanction applied by the recipient of that order would not have responded so extremely.

Reading 'Intervention and Revolution' (Richard K Barnet, World Traveler Books), shows that the primary motivator for revolt and insurrection is... INSULT.   It is not a far cry to understand that INSULT of placing an unwarranted order against a person will result in that person responding with anger - and the consequences are or can be incalculable.

“The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.”
- Dalai Lama

Using the force (i.e. violence) of the courts without warrant leads to this situation.  Thus it is incumbent upon those same courts, the police and legislators to take proper reading of these situations ... lest they themselves are guilty of unwarranted violence.

My personal reading of this is that these 'laws' are the spearpoint of government striving for total control over the individual, but that is another long story.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #809 - Jul 1st, 2014 at 1:05am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 12:17am:
'Old it, Bruvvas an' Sistahs!   ABC 24 News says Rolf Harris found guilty on all four charges... on bail pending sentencing.

True..??  will check it out  .! Smiley

Sorry no aspersions cast here  Grin

I have read your later post as well re DVO's..  will need to consider what you are saying before further comment.

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 95
Send Topic Print