Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95
Send Topic Print
Rolf facing the music (Read 107462 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Rolf facing the music
Reply #885 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:45pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 6:57am:
cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 6:48am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:44am:
Emma wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 11:15pm:
Deathray is that you..?? 
Sigh..

Oh well,  if they keep him in jail till sentencing ... who knows..?

I guess any Appeal needs to wait till sentencing has been completed..

It is I,  Cheesy , yes living in Dianella not far from Bassendean in Perth we all feel sick.

The verdict must be accepted but we all feel uneasy about it!

I expect a lot of commentary regarding the legitimacy of this decision for years however.. Shocked Shocked

I can believe that! I think most of us are in shock from beginning to end...

having watched a couple whos parents were great mates of his....they will never believe it.....and I think you have to accept that.... the fact are there too many people have now spoken out about what they knew he was like during the past 30 years at least he had a "reputation" but because of who he is.. it was kept hushed up...... it was a different era people didnt talk about it like they do now....people felt guilty it was their fault they allowed it to happen and so on........

today its so different....thank god.

"I'm doing three consecutive life sentences for murder - not for being a potential philanderer."

- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter (makes an appearance in one of my books as the US President).

You cannot judge a person by rumour, innuendo and reputation.

I think Jack Johnson was also set up,  talking about black boxers!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #886 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:48pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:45pm:

is that black boxer shorts you are talking about??..

I like them very racy.... Wink Wink

IP Logged

Rhet-Oracle

Australian Politics

Reply #887 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:51pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 7:54am:
ian wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:25am:
indecent assault, no biggie. Going on precedent he wont get a significant jail term. apologies to the lynch mob, go and torture a cat or something to get your jollies instead.

Grin Grin Grin

The psychology of being a female victim of a sudden and brief grope that doesn't include going 'down there' seems to be more a matter of cultural expectations having been abused than the actual 'assault'.

We hear it said that "Her whole life was ruined" when someone like Rolf Harris breached convention by having a quick feel of her.

I can't help thinking that the 'catastrophe' is more one of a social taboo having been breached than the actual physical contact.

Sorry Herbert, the "catastrophy" (on many different occasions over many years), was a series of criminal offences which a jury of his peers have found him guilty of, not merely a "social taboo" which treats the whole thing trivially. I hope the old sack of crap gets the maximum for each of these charges, and then I hope they sue for many millions.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #888 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:51pm

Emma wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 1:04am:
that sounds more like your style.. Ian.

Deathray  !!   Smiley Smiley

getting rain over there ??   Smiley

Oh yeh, too much! It rained all may and there was a fair bit in june alright!

Very cold...

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #889 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:53pm

cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:48pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:45pm:

is that black boxer shorts you are talking about??..

I like them very racy.... Wink Wink

Warmer than budgie smugglers too!

IP Logged

austranger
Gold Member

Opinionated Sod

adelaide
Reply #890 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 3:01pm

I see all the usual sea-gulls are coming out of the woodwork now that there's been a conviction, hunting compensation money.
As far as I'm concerned the only ones who should get any compensation are those who stood up in court and told their stories, they suffered not only the original abuse but faced the trauma associated with bringing him to justice finally, the rest are just bloodsuckers who's claims have not been put to the test.
Too, I'm half expecting him to attempt suicide, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Lets hope that if he does then he fails, he will deserve whatever happens to him inside, even with protection he's bound to be got at.
Some may consider his trial and conviction iffy, but he faced the same system all accused must, and whatever faults or failings that may have it's still the best we have been able to make it.

Any day with a smile in it is a good day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #891 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 3:02pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 7:54am:
ian wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:25am:
indecent assault, no biggie. Going on precedent he wont get a significant jail term. apologies to the lynch mob, go and torture a cat or something to get your jollies instead.

Grin Grin Grin

The psychology of being a female victim of a sudden and brief grope that doesn't include going 'down there' seems to be more a matter of cultural expectations having been abused than the actual 'assault'.

We hear it said that "Her whole life was ruined" when someone like Rolf Harris breached convention by having a quick feel of her.

I can't help thinking that the 'catastrophe' is more one of a social taboo having been breached than the actual physical contact.

As has been noted.. we do not actually know a lot about the acts he performed on these children.. 

so oooops  Herbie  ??why can't you help thinking that way..??  You know the answer to that... you are just an old fashioned male animal....  always afraid of the female of the species... 

and as for breaking a social taboo..being the cause of the distress rather than the actual act(s) ..?  How could you possibly know that for a start,,.?  AND   lots of people commit suicide, and/or self-harm,  because they are perceived to be 'outside' ..the norm.. perhaps THAT is why most people do not report it..???

ever think of it that way..?? 

Do try..  Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #892 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 3:13pm

cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 7:34am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 6:52am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:44am:
Emma wrote on Jul 1st, 2014 at 11:15pm:
Deathray is that you..?? 
Sigh..

Oh well,  if they keep him in jail till sentencing ... who knows..?

I guess any Appeal needs to wait till sentencing has been completed..

It is I,  Cheesy , yes living in Dianella not far from Bassendean in Perth we all feel sick.

The verdict must be accepted but we all feel uneasy about it!

I expect a lot of commentary regarding the legitimacy of this decision for years however.. Shocked Shocked

Quite rightly, too.  Our legal system is never more imperfect than when dealing with emotive issues brought forward by victims...

We must always be on guard to ensure that in protecting the rights of victims we do not generate another, different set of victims.  That has been the great fallacy of 'social engineering' since the 1980's and clearly so in the drives for enforced 'equality' for groups perceived as victims of society - very relevant here when you consider that all the complainants belong to one or more such 'accredited victim status' groups.

I find it bizarre that many complain that Rolf Harris is a performer and thus suspect - but that his accusers in some cases, equally performers, are not.

Unfortunately, with our grievously wounded legal system - there can never not be doubt, and never more so than when some seek to make political capital out of creating guilt on accusation, the province more rightly of an absolute dictatorship.

I think we need to await the appeal, though I'd like to view the entire facts myself.  Of course, we peons are never permitted to do that, since we might find cause to criticise the sanctity of the Star Chambers courts.

one of the biggest problems I find is lack of evidence....any evidence....and because its children for the most part...how would you find evidence of being touched inappropriately????....

even today that would be almost impossible...

a lot of mens lives have been wrecked because of these accusations.....which have not been true...like in custody battles...it must be a nightmare for the judiciary

but that doesnt mean every case should be dismissed.... its too hard to prove....its one word against the other....I am sure if it happened to any of us.. we would like to be heard...

I think even you would agree that some people have been found NOT GUILTY.. only to go out and do it all over again...

so there are mistakes in every area.....why because we are human...and under the circumstances I think we do the best we can...

you didnt hear everything that went on because you were not allowed too...maybe someone is writing a book already about what went on in the court room...

Yes, unfortunately this is a very murky area in many ways, and it leaves me. .. as I said.. feeling unclean and dishonoured as a man - which goes some way to explaining the punitive focus from many here and elsewhere.

I seek to stand aside from such ideas and feelings... not easy to do.

You are right - the content is most likely someone''s 'rice bowl' in creating a book about it all.. though I doubt I'd read it, and as I said, we peons are kept away from the hard facts lest we find fault with our overlords.... hardly inspiring that last.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #893 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:02pm

cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:37pm:
Rolf is on suicide watch.. has he gone to hospital, as  his wife would have a problem wouldnt she....

a bit late for her to start watching him.

If the guilty verdict did nothing more than knock that silly smile off her face, then it will have been worth it.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #894 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:16pm

Rhet-Oracle wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:51pm:
Sorry Herbert, the "catastrophy" (on many different occasions over many years), was a series of criminal offences which a jury of his peers have found him guilty of, not merely a "social taboo" which treats the whole thing trivially. I hope the old sack of crap gets the maximum for each of these charges, and then I hope they sue for many millions.

I have a strong suspicion this rock-spider still thinks he's innocent of any wrong-doing.

It would now be a textbook classic case for him to commit suicide NOT because of any sense of shame and remorse, but because he wants the 'victimhood' label to be shifted to himself ~ and what better way than to top himself?

It's pathetic that he believed his years as an entertainer earned him the right to let his fingers go walkabout whenever a female happened to be close to him for a photo-shoot or an autograph.

This year has certainly turned out to be Rolf's Annus Horribilis, and the years ahead may very well be more 'anus' than 'annus' for him if he's sent to jail ...  Cool

IP Logged

White Dove

Reply #895 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:35pm

There are so many Rolf Harris jokes floating around the Net, pictures of him and that other creep, Savile, and so forth. Rolf is probably lapping up the media attention.  If he tops himself while waiting his sentence, I'd be very surprised.  This type of person wouldn't do that. He wants to see what the media says.

Oh, please stop calling him an Australian.  He has lived most of his life in England.  We only claim the Good Guys, not the creeps.  Grin

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #896 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:39pm

White Dove wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:35pm:
There are so many Rolf Harris jokes floating around the Net, pictures of him and that other creep, Savile, and so forth. Rolf is probably lapping up the media attention.  If he tops himself while waiting his sentence, I'd be very surprised.  This type of person wouldn't do that. He wants to see what the media says.

Oh, please stop calling him an Australian.  He has lived most of his life in England.  We only claim the Good Guys, not the creeps.  Grin

Why?  The schmedia, as would be expected, are shafting him.  He would be well aware of that.  I doubt he's watching any TV or reading any newspapers.  It's a no-brainer.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #897 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 5:06pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:02pm:
cods wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 2:37pm:
Rolf is on suicide watch.. has he gone to hospital, as  his wife would have a problem wouldnt she....

a bit late for her to start watching him.

If the guilty verdict did nothing more than knock that silly smile off her face, then it will have been worth it.

did you see the horrible video of him with jimmy Saville...they did the rounds of Broadmoor together   a place for the mentally insane.. Angry

the bloody system is insane..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #898 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 5:07pm

White Dove wrote on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 4:35pm:

Oh, please stop calling him an Australian.  He has lived most of his life in England.  [highlight]We only claim the Good Guys, not the creeps.  Grin

[/highlight

exactly.. shame it doesnt work like that....he comes back here to sharpen up his aussie accent...

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #899 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 5:17pm

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95
Send Topic Print