Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Islam-aint'cha sick of it? (Read 19638 times)
True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islam-aint'cha sick of it?
Reply #30 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:44am

Torpedo wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:00am:
True Colours wrote on May 26th, 2014 at 10:37pm:
It implies that 1400 years ago people had different ideas about what constituted adulthood - particularly in an age where birth certificates and reliable calendars did not exist. Marrying someone who appeared to physically be an adult was common and was thought of as normal.

can someone google "9 year old girl", and honestly say that they look like adults?!!.

Sure, but define "adult" and don't give me an answer manufactured by 20th century politicians.

Quote:
Adult

Biologically, an adult is a human being or other organism that has reached sexual maturity...

Biological adulthood

Historically and cross-culturally, adulthood has been determined primarily by the start of puberty (the appearance of secondary sex characteristics such as menstruation in women, ejaculation in men, and pubic hair in both sexes)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult

Quote:
Timing of the onset of puberty

The age at which puberty begins varies between individuals; usually, puberty begins between 10 and 13 years of age. [I would add that research has shown that girls tend to reach puberty earlier than boys, and also that people of Arab and African descent tend to reach puberty a bit earlier than Europeans, whilst Asians tend to reach puberty later]...

...The average age at which puberty begins may be affected by race as well...The earliest average onset of puberty is for African-American girls...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberty#Timing_of_the_onset_of_puberty

IP Logged

Torpedo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - May 27th, 2014 at 7:50am

True Colours wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:44am:
It implies that 1400 years ago people had different ideas about what constituted adulthood - particularly in an age where birth certificates and reliable calendars did not exist. Marrying someone who appeared to physically be an adult was common and was thought of as normal.

can someone google "9 year old girl", and honestly say that they look like adults?!!.

Sure, but define "adult" and don't give me an answer manufactured by 20th century politicians.
[/quote]
When they can make rational, experienced decisions, and thus accountable for all their deeds, you sick weird0

If GST rises by 5%, then your income must also rise by 5%. Which means you will either become unemployed or underpaid. Choose wisely

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - May 27th, 2014 at 8:18am

Quote:
Your statement is incorrect on a number of levels. The issue of consent is important in Islamic law.

Despite Muhammed never mentioning the concept once? How does consent work in the context of slavery?

Quote:
If a woman says that man had consensual sex with her, he would not be convicted on that evidence alone, and vice versa.

So the punishment is in fact the same - the only difference is the liklihood of conviction?

Quote:
The crime of rape is also considered to have a victim who is entitled to compensation.

If a slave woman is raped, the owner of the slave is compensated for the reduced value of the slave. This depends, in part, on whether the slave is a virgin, how old or good looking she is, and what her market value is.

Quote:
The crime of rape is also considered to have a victim who is entitled to compensation.

The punishment is death in the case adultery, regardless of whether the woman consented.

Quote:
It implies that 1400 years ago people had different ideas about what constituted adulthood

So Islamic law is not timeless?

Quote:
Marrying someone who appeared to physically be an adult was common and was thought of as normal.

Yes I have heard that excuse before. "I swear your honour, she looked 18". Not sure how that works with your 6 year old neighbour. Did she have a fake ID? Did she deceive and seduce Muhammed?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #33 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:21am

True Colours wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:44am:

underage marriage in Sydney

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1391854581/74#74
Quote:
Surely, a 'child' becomes an 'adult' when/at that time that YOU [as the parent] are willing to allow your child to make her/his own life choices, for herself/himself [and that she/he can be personally responsible for the consequences of the choices she/he makes] ?

True_Colours,

Do you disagree with that definition of who we should consider to be an adult ?

A child becomes an adult, when we [as the parent] come to that 'place' where we can trust our child to always make good choices ?

A child becomes an adult, when we [as the parent] come to that 'place' when we can reasonably expect our child to have the ability, to always make good choices ?
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 9:34am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #34 - May 27th, 2014 at 9:46am

Yadda wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 9:21am:

True_Colours,

Do you disagree with that definition of who we should consider to be an adult ?

A child becomes an adult, when we [as the parent] come to that 'place' where we can trust our child to always make good choices ?

A child becomes an adult, when we [as the parent] come to that 'place' when we can reasonably expect our child to have the ability, to always make good choices ?

SCENARIO;
Mohammed [the messenger of Allah] approaches a small 6-9 year old girl while she is playing with her dolls.

Mohammed;
"Aisha, would you like to marry me ?"

Aisha;
"Yes OK.  Will i still be able to play with my dollies ?"

Mohammed;
"Of course you will - my little treasure!!"

True_Colours,

As a moslem, you are OK with Mohammed getting procuring the 'consent' of a small child, to marry him ?

i.e.
So that the consequence would be, that Mohammed could - LAWFULLY - take Aisha to his bed, AND HAVE SEX WITH HER !! ?

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2014 at 9:51am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2014 at 10:57am

True Colours wrote: Quote:
Adult

Biologically, an adult is a human being or other organism that has reached sexual maturity...

Noun: maturity

1/.The period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed

2/.State of being mature; full development

Adulthood is when you have reached a fully developed psychological and physical state.

A nine year old girl has years of development ahead of her, after the onset of puberty, before she becomes an adult

Adulthood does not mean a nine year old girl child, forced to marry (in her sixth year) a fifty year old pedophile.

muslims and their supporters / apologists, who argues that a nine year old girl who has entered puberty is old enough to have sexual relations, have a very sick state of mind.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:41pm

Muslims interpret sexual maturity to mean the onset of puberty. Thus, it is entirely possible that Aisha was sexually mature when Muhammed had his way with her. She may have even had breast buds. How could you expect Muhammed to restrain himself then?

This is one of TC's favourite topics. According to him, science proves it is OK to have sex with little girls.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #37 - May 27th, 2014 at 12:59pm

freediver wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:41pm:
Muslims interpret sexual maturity to mean the onset of puberty. Thus, it is entirely possible that Aisha was sexually mature when Muhammed had his way with her. She may have even had breast buds. How could you expect Muhammed to restrain himself then?

This is one of TC's favourite topics. According to him, science proves it is OK to have sex with little girls.

God protect us from,       little girls with a 'hormone surge'    [......and from the unbridled lust of moslem men].

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 27th, 2014 at 1:02pm

mo was the perfect example of how to react to little girls. islam says so.

mo-aisha_001.gif (15 KB | 73 )
mo-aisha_001.gif

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - May 27th, 2014 at 6:27pm

According to Gandalf, Islamic marriage is all about love. Not sure what the relevant verse in the Koran is.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #40 - May 27th, 2014 at 7:18pm

freediver wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 6:27pm:
According to Gandalf, Islamic marriage is all about love. Not sure what the relevant verse in the Koran is.

Its the one that starts "thou shalt shag".

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - May 28th, 2014 at 8:05am

freediver wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 6:27pm:

I have given you several FD.

Of course you couldn't possibly google it

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #42 - May 28th, 2014 at 8:55pm

Soren wrote on May 25th, 2014 at 9:50pm:

Soren, if you are going to post You Tube commentators could you please identify them?

Thank you.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #43 - May 29th, 2014 at 10:06am

Muslim community ‘too lax’ on jihad risk

PAUL MALEY THE AUSTRALIAN MAY 29, 2014 12:00AM

THE Muslim community has failed to grasp the serious threat posed by young men travelling to the battlefields of Syria and has become “passive” in the face of a growing problem, one of Australia’s top police officers has warned.

The head of the NSW Counter Terrorism Squad, Assistant Commissioner Peter Dein, has issued a rare rebuke to senior members of the Sunni Muslim community, saying they have not done enough to discourage young Muslim men from joining the Syrian jihad.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/policy/muslim-community-too-lax...

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #44 - May 29th, 2014 at 8:39pm

Peter Freedman wrote on May 28th, 2014 at 8:55pm:
Soren wrote on May 25th, 2014 at 9:50pm:

Soren, if you are going to post You Tube commentators could you please identify them?

Thank you.

Sweden Democrat Party politician Michael Hess of Karlskrona was sentenced today (May 8, 2014) to a fine for hate speech after having connected the religion of Islam with rape.

According to the judgment, the statement is not part of a “factual and authoritative discussion” and it thus it does not matter whether or not the statement is true.

The indictment concerned a comment on Facebook that Hess wrote next to an article in Aftonbladet, which was about women who were raped in Tahrir Square in Cairo.

“When are you journalists going to realize that it is deeply ingrained in Islamic culture to rape and mistreat those women who do not abide by the teachings of Islam? [Data] is widely available showing the connection between the rapes in Sweden and number of migrants from Middle Eastern and North African countries,” wrote the SD politician.

Hess, who has lived in the Middle East for eleven years, argued that the comment did in fact initiate a debate and persuade journalists to examine the phenomenon more deeply.

As proof of his innocence, Michael Hess including a summary of studies showing that men with ancestry from Muslim countries are very much overrepresented in Swedish rape statistics. This includes official figures from the National Council, which show that men from North Africa and Iraq are involved in rapes 23 and 20 times more often than Swedes.

Fined 32,000 krona

Alderman Lise-Lotte Backstrom and the three Social Democratic jurors at Blekinge District Court, however, took no account of the politician’s objections, and  fined him  32,000 krona ($4,900 US)  for “hate speech”.

http://www.friatider.se/sd-politiker-d-ms-f-r-islamkritik

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print