Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 73502 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #195 - May 14th, 2015 at 12:50am

Emma wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:45am:
and it aain't me...  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Not me either. But Lisa has included everyone who has responded to her favourably as her favourite poster ... so i wouldn't let it bother you. She's well up into the double digits now. All men mind you.

Remember Emma .. we are to be more coquettish. We may attract more men here ... as though that is what we want.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #196 - May 14th, 2015 at 12:56am

In all jurisdictions there were higher rates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in care than non-Indigenous children.

https://www3.aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/child-protection-and-aboriginal-and-t... [/quote]
Only problem is, that doesnt prove me wrong. it proves me right. Aboriginals are hugely over represented in child abuse and domestic abuse statistics.
And just because there are a lot more abo kids in care does not mean they are more likely or even as likely to be taken into care. You can walk into communities in the north where all the kids are in abusive circumstances. [/quote]

You finally make a good point Rhino.

I think both you and Mothra are actually coming at the issue from diametrically opposed positions, and yet , you are both really saying the same thing.

Have you considered the points put forward by Phemanderac, as to WHY?  this is the case. 

It just comes across as abo - bashing, from you. You may not understand what I mean, because lets face it, communication between human beings is pretty RS at best.

Have you?  walked into these communities. ??
Do you speak from personal experience or anecdotal information.?

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2015 at 1:02am by Emma »  

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #197 - May 14th, 2015 at 12:58am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:50am:
Emma wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:45am:
and it aain't me...  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Not me either. But Lisa has included everyone who has responded to her favourably as her favourite poster ... so i wouldn't let it bother you. She's well up into the double digits now. All men mind you.

Remember Emma .. we are to be more coquettish. We may attract more men here ... as though that is what we want.

I can assure you Mothra it doesn't bother me. Grin

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #198 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:00am

Emma wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:56am:

In all jurisdictions there were higher rates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in care than non-Indigenous children.

https://www3.aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/child-protection-and-aboriginal-and-t...
Only problem is, that doesnt prove me wrong. it proves me right. Aboriginals are hugely over represented in child abuse and domestic abuse statistics.
And just because there are a lot more abo kids in care does not mean they are more likely or even as likely to be taken into care. You can walk into communities in the north where all the kids are in abusive circumstances. [/quote]

You finally make a good point Rhino.

I think both you and Mothra are actually coming at the issue from diametrically opposed positions, and yet , you are both really saying the same thing. Have you considered the points put forward by Mothra, as to WHY?  this is the case.  It just comes across as abo - bashing, from you. You may not understand what I mean, because lets face, communication human beings is pretty RS at best.

[/quote]

I think you are being generous here Emma. Rhino has displayed tremendous ignorance.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #199 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:07am

I try to remain objective , believe it or not, and  respect you and your posts.

I can't say the same for Rhino, and that's a fact.

He can reply or not to my enquiry, that's up to him. He may choose to use the opportunity to show further ignorance , or not.

Oh and I apologise for the capitalisation and bold..  it's a problem I have.  Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #200 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:11am

Very diplomatic and 'higher road' of you Emma.

I confess to being more impatient.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #201 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:22am

I have to say Mothra that I really like your wee message    

Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:24am

It's my personal mantra. A particularly good parenting strategy also ..  Wink

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #203 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:25am

i call a  spade a spade. Call it abo bashing, dont care. I am not politically correct. Yes, been to abo communities, see how they live,. Yes, deal with aboriginal people constantly on a daily basis when at work. I see directly every day what the billions of dollars pumped into the aboriginal industry and the bleeding heart naysayers achieve. nothing. No aboriginal is helped by refusing to see that there are huge cultural issues at the heart of their dysfunction.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #204 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:28am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:30am:
No, it proves you wrong. You said:

"sorry mate, absolute first class bs. Abo kids will almost never be removed despite clear evidence of abuse and neglect. You couldnt be more naive."

That is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Turns out it was you who was naive doesn't it?
and im right. you just dont understand the enormous scope of abuse within aboriginal communities and families. Your ignorance is leading you to wrong conclusions.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:39am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:25am:

i call a  spade a spade. Call it abo bashing, dont care. I am not politically correct. Yes, been to abo communities, see how they live,. Yes, deal with aboriginal people constantly on a daily basis when at work. I see directly every day what the billions of dollars pumped into the aboriginal industry and the bleeding heart naysayers achieve. nothing. No aboriginal is helped by refusing to see that there are huge cultural issues at the heart of their dysfunction.

For crying out loud, the issues are NOT cultural, they are a result of generations of subjugation, abuse, grief and loss, stolen people, discrimination and systemic genocide.

What you don't understand about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is considerably more than you understand.

Scholars, researchers, community workers, Elders and even the observant follower disagree with you. Heartily.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #206 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:40am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:28am:
mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:30am:
No, it proves you wrong. You said:

"sorry mate, absolute first class bs. Abo kids will almost never be removed despite clear evidence of abuse and neglect. You couldnt be more naive."

That is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Turns out it was you who was naive doesn't it?
and im right. you just dont understand the enormous scope of abuse within aboriginal communities and families. Your ignorance is leading you to wrong conclusions.

Why can't you just admit you're wrong? Does it hurt or something?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:47am

Look. if it were purely cultural, we wouldn't have the very big problem of women assaulting men also. We have that problem. Men usually win, granted, but the problem exists.

And the abuse of children. Traditionally children were venerated in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.

There is corruption at work here ... not cultural patterns.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #208 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:54am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:39am:
rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:25am:

For crying out loud, the issues are NOT cultural, they are a result of generations of subjugation, abuse, grief and loss, stolen people, discrimination and systemic genocide.

What you don't understand about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is considerably more than you understand.
Rubbish, domestic violence child abuse on this scale is a cultural issue. There wouldmt be an aboriginal household anywhere in the country where this does not occur.

Quote:
Scholars, researchers, community workers, Elders and even the observant follower disagree with you. Heartily.
no they dont. Ive spoken directly to more than a few and they agree with me. Anyone who has any direct experience must agree because they are the facts.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #209 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:57am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:47am:
L
And the abuse of children. Traditionally children were venerated in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.

absolute nonsense. Population control was acheived by aboriginals by murdering new born infants. Heres a question for you that will test what you really know. Do aboriginals smell more than other people? i.e. do they have more body odour?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 59
Send Topic Print