Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 73480 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #210 - May 14th, 2015 at 1:58am

I see directly every day what the billions of dollars pumped into the aboriginal industry and the bleeding heart naysayers achieve. nothing. No aboriginal is helped by refusing to see that there are huge cultural issues at the heart of their dysfunction.

Well damn it all.. I just lost a very verbose reply to Rhino.. I will try to simplify
Rhino  .. this Aboriginal industry you claim has cost BILLIONS for nothing...  must line someone's pockets. As it is obviously not benefiting the people it was intended to. Like yours for example?.  What do you suggest as a solution.?

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #211 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:03am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:54am:
mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:39am:
rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:25am:
Emma wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:56am:

Have you?  walked into these communities. ??
Do you speak from personal experience or anecdotal information.?

i call a  spade a spade. Call it abo bashing, dont care. I am not politically correct. Yes, been to abo communities, see how they live,. Yes, deal with aboriginal people constantly on a daily basis when at work. I see directly every day what the billions of dollars pumped into the aboriginal industry and the bleeding heart naysayers achieve. nothing. No aboriginal is helped by refusing to see that there are huge cultural issues at the heart of their dysfunction.

For crying out loud, the issues are NOT cultural, they are a result of generations of subjugation, abuse, grief and loss, stolen people, discrimination and systemic genocide.

What you don't understand about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is considerably more than you understand.
Rubbish, domestic violence child abuse on this scale is a cultural issue. There wouldmt be an aboriginal household anywhere in the country where this does not occur.

Quote:
Scholars, researchers, community workers, Elders and even the observant follower disagree with you. Heartily.
no they dont. Ive spoken directly to more than a few and they agree with me. Anyone who has any direct experience must agree because they are the facts.

Not an Aboriginal household in the country where this doesn't occur? Are you trying to make yourself look like an idiot? How many Aboriginal households are you familiar with Rhino? Honestly.

And no .. the scholars, researchers, support workers and sundry agree with me. I know because i WORK IN THE FIELD. This is my area of expertise Rhino. One of a few actually. I speak with the Elders. I listen to what they say. I am in cohorts with the researchers and community workers. This is not cultural .. it is a result of what has been done to them.

You will find parallels in every other community in which similar disenfranchisement has occurred.

You have a long way to go Rhino. The first step is accepting when you are wrong. And you are very, very wrong.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #212 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:04am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:57am:
mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 1:47am:
L
And the abuse of children. Traditionally children were venerated in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.

absolute nonsense. Population control was acheived by aboriginals by murdering new born infants. Heres a question for you that will test what you really know. Do aboriginals smell more than other people? i.e. do they have more body odour?

What the bugger is wrong with you?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:04am

Aboriginal people need to be treated exactly like white people and everyone else. Exactly. No special funding, no special govt jobs, no slack for committing criminal offenses. Sink or swim, assimilate or die out. Get busy living or get busy dying. No more screaming racism while holding your hand out.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #214 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:06am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:04am:
L
And the abuse of children. Traditionally children were venerated in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.

absolute nonsense. Population control was acheived by aboriginals by murdering new born infants. Heres a question for you that will test what you really know. Do aboriginals smell more than other people? i.e. do they have more body odour?

answer the question. You are such a knowledgable person on aboriginals surely you must know this. Do they smell more or not?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:06am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:04am:
Aboriginal people need to be treated exactly like white people and everyone else. Exactly. No special funding, no special govt jobs, no slack for committing criminal offenses. Sink or swim, assimilate or die out. Get busy living or get busy dying. No more screaming racism while holding your hand out.

No idea. Just no idea.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #216 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am

So Rhino...  all these BILLIONS line someone's pockets, eh? People like you perhaps.? Sounds like it to me.
What are you doing about it.? Eh?

I have agree with Mothra.  It smacks of corruption.  This dysfunction you allege in aboriginal societies ( because please remember, this is NOT limited to Australia )is because ????????? Could it possibly be due to the points raised by Mothra.
WE ALSO have a tradition of abuse of women and children. I have to assume you are of European extraction, where children slaved in mines from age 6.  Where is OUR civiliation. What possible right do you have to so denigrate these poorest of OUR people?. They live in third world conditions, in this best of all possible worlds, and you BLAME THEM.????

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #217 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:06am:
L

answer the question. You are such a knowledgable person on aboriginals surely you must know this. Do they smell more or not?

Not in my experience, no. Are you mentally challenged?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #218 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:03am:
  I know because i WORK IN THE FIELD. This is my area of expertise Rhino. .
No you dont. Even by saying this it tells me you have little direct experience with abos.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #219 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:08am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am:
No you dont. Even by saying this it tells me you have little direct experience with abos.

Bollocks.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #220 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:09am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am:
L

So your are a liar then. Very definitely bush aboriginals do smell, or more correctly stink to high heaven. Anyone who works with them knows this because its unavoidable.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #221 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:10am

And we don;t call them 'abos' ... it is considered highly offensive.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #222 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:12am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:08am:
rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am:

Bollocks.

I am the one person you cant lie to. You accuse others of lying yet here you are fabricating life experience for the sake of an internet argument. Very sad.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #223 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:12am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:09am:
mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:07am:
L

So your are a liar then. Very definitely bush aboriginals do smell, or more correctly stink to high heaven. Anyone who works with them knows this because its unavoidable.

You're struggling with simple concepts here Rhino. Of course a bush person is going to smell more than a city person. Is your argument really that a bush Aboriginal smells? And you are hinging your argument on that?

Man. it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #224 - May 14th, 2015 at 2:13am

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:10am:
And we don;t call them 'abos' ... it is considered highly offensive.
yeah , just like the word aussie. You live in the PC fantasy world. Unfortunately I live in the real one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 59
Send Topic Print