Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 73332 times)
Gold Member

WA
Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #360 - May 22nd, 2015 at 9:39am

Emma wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 9:01pm:
They even got paranoid enough about 'feminists' that they thought I had somehow arranged that only women could post on it.

It is true you couldn't enter the subforum if you had a male symbol on your profile, but don't for a minute think anybody believed you had the competence to set that restriction up.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #361 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:00am

... wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 10:08am:
Emma wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 12:50am:
It?
Find it?

Not talking about statistics. You do that. Stats don't equal facts.  Stats = data. Nothing else.

You could start with the Federal data base I suppose.
I  recall seeing a Teev show about it..

But it is true that older women,  who through spending the major part of their working life part time, or home-caring for their children, through the death or desertion of their partners, find themselves with nothing. Many live in their cars or their caravans if they are lucky.! 
It is a hidden problem, that few want to contemplate.

In other words, you made it up.

Thought so.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #362 - May 22nd, 2015 at 9:30pm

Thats interesting A.G.

There was a forum called Secret Women Business and i used to mod that - but your right the men just trashed it beyond repair and eventually it was abandoned- we ( Muso and I) change it to The Tavern and now that they are welcome there it is desolate- as for Honky I mean I dont care but he is making himself look weird- thats up to him I guess.  and yes pretty pathetic.

As a mod you couldn't do anything about it.?  I wouldn't go there because of the mysogynists.. and had hoped this one might be different.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #363 - May 22nd, 2015 at 9:49pm

See THIS IS a BIG Women's issue.

You try to speak on an equal basis, on this topic, and you get all these men trying to undermine you.

It is, in fact , a really good example of the sort of harassment and malice that is so common for women to deal with everyday, in some way or another.
Where does this come from.?  Good question?
No. We know don't we that  these posters are simply fearful women-haters.

I guess I should be pleased that the level of intelligence displayed by these men is so low, they obviously can't make it in real society, and their safety fall-back is abusing women on-line.

Cowards.. the lot of them. Tongue

live every day

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #364 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:16pm

Emma my Secret Womens Business board was over run by misogynists- they seemed to think it their right to just gate crash that forum and say some pretty hateful things , to the point that it just ruined it completely- I gave up and abandoned it- I came back and gave it a name change still not much going on as you can see, I was again dealing with disruptive trolls- so it just ticks along now - nothing happening there- I started the Relationships board as well- but as you can see Aussie has that now and it is mainly used for trolling now- a shame tbh I thought it might do well- too many trolls from outside come in here and cause trouble- so while that is the case I give up on all of it.   Even in here we have men who think it ok to be disrespectful to women who are just minding their own business posting in a small place on this male dominated forum, but they are just so controlling- like we could be bothered gate crashing their stupid freaking shed ? Yes not much happening up top I'm afraid.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #365 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:39pm

... wrote on May 20th, 2015 at 1:29pm:
[quote author=jalane3311@yahoo.c link=1407626664/347#347 date=1432045930]Homelessness

is definitely one of women's biggest issues.

Quote:
The rate of homelessness (which takes into account population density) is 49 out of every 10,000 people (0.5% of the population).

56% male

44% female
[quote]

http://www.homelessnessaustralia.org.au/index.php/about-homelessness/homeless-st...

So once again, as with "violence", it disproportionately affects males.

But we no complaaaaaain...

Why does it follow that because men are rated higher in the total number of homeless, that homelessness is not a big issue for women?

It's still an issue for women. The reasons men and women are homeless are often different.

For example, a scary number of women are living in cars with their children because their relationships have ended and they either can't afford or cannot find accommodation. This is a women's issue.

It's not a competition Honky.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #366 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:42pm

The Emma wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 9:30pm:
Thats interesting A.G.

There was a forum called Secret Women Business and i used to mod that - but your right the men just trashed it beyond repair and eventually it was abandoned- we ( Muso and I) change it to The Tavern and now that they are welcome there it is desolate- as for Honky I mean I dont care but he is making himself look weird- thats up to him I guess.  and yes pretty pathetic.

As a mod you couldn't do anything about it.?  [h]I wouldn't go there because of the [/h]. and had hoped this one might be different.

Rubbish.  Coming to see the crazy cat lady flipping out was the only attraction of that forum.  It certainly wasn't the quality of debate that drew us in.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #367 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:46pm

mothra wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:39pm:
[quote author=jalane3311@yahoo.c link=1407626664/347#347 date=1432045930]Homelessness

Quote:
The rate of homelessness (which takes into account population density) is 49 out of every 10,000 people (0.5% of the population).

56% male

44% female
[quote]

http://www.homelessnessaustralia.org.au/index.php/about-homelessness/homeless-st...

[h]Why does it follow that because men are rated higher in the total number of homeless, that homelessness is not a big issue for women?[/h]

It's still an issue for women. The reasons men and women are homeless are often different.

For example, a scary number of women are living in cars with their children because their relationships have ended and they either can't afford or cannot find accommodation. This is a women's issue.

Because any women's issue immediately becomes a men's issue when they turn to us and do the damsel in distress routine, on both an individual and societal scale.  The thing is, it's not even a routine, it's the nature of women.  They don't solve problems, but they sure are good at finding them, no matter how long they've affected men, or how trivial they are.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #368 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:55pm

... wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:46pm:
mothra wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:39pm:

Quote:

56% male

44% female
[quote]

[h]Why does it follow that because men are rated higher in the total number of homeless, that homelessness is not a big issue for women?[/h]

Because any women's issue immediately becomes a men's issue when they turn to us and do the damsel in distress routine, on both an individual and societal scale.  The thing is, it's not even a routine, it's the nature of women.  They don't solve problems, but they sure are good at finding them, no matter how long they've affected men, or how trivial they are.

You prove nothing but your prejudice.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #369 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:10pm

which is why it is a waste of time responding to these creeps.  I told you already Mothra.
They're irredeemable.
Don't get sucked in. 
Ignore the shite.
Maybe it will go away.. OR end up talking to itself and its kind. Tongue

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #370 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:16pm

Well at least i know now why Honky calls himself a woman. I asked him once ... he didn't like it.

Seems it was to troll. How surprising.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #371 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:32pm

yeah it's like A.G. said.

I won't indulge them so it seems unless a female has something to say, this is another dud.
And now I am going to watch Bellator MMA. Where you see these fellas beating the crap out of each other. Excellent.  But admit it is because I love martial arts, and it's good to see some REAL stuff. Smiley

See ya later
Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #372 - May 23rd, 2015 at 2:24am

ahhhh  that's better. Smiley

Gotta love those Russian fighters.

live every day

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #373 - May 23rd, 2015 at 9:40am

Well, the ongoing gender battle is clearly a significant issue, at least for some...Ironic that it is a biggy for both men and women...

Keep the war raging eh?

Communication would appear to be a bit of an issue, at least that's how I see this thread developing.

The battle lines are drawn (keeping the war raging) and either through ignorance, over excitement, malice or simply lack of observational skills real issues being debated are simply glossed over, seemingly to get back to the "fight".

I also find it funny, equality actually isn't about equality...

On the one hand, one lot of protagonists are looking for every opportunity to point out their superiority and the other lot of protagonists spend their time looking to get even rather than equal (even for perceived and real slights).

The real issue would seem to me to be about "freedom". We all talk up the "freedoms" we think we have, yet here we are still arguing about some being, effectively, more free than others.

Perhaps serious thinkers may pick up on the idea that the ISSUE is not equality, but freedom. The downside to that thinking is, it will reduce the need for the gender war, I know that is going to be a bitter pill for many on both sides.

Thanks for your time, now back at it (you know you want to).

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #374 - May 23rd, 2015 at 10:34am

Hmmm.....interesting.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 59
Send Topic Print