Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 73434 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #255 - May 14th, 2015 at 11:47am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 10:42am:
rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:35am:
mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 2:28am:
  Not to your liking it would seem so you're going to claim it as some kind of victory.

you shouldnt lie. not to me anyway. let this be a lesson to you.

Rhino....do not let this cyber troll bait you. As you can see, you will be up ALL BLOODY NIGHT.

It's not healthy...in fact it's insane. Let her believe she has won the argument.

Walk away with your self respect intact. Hers never existed.

Just a free tip matey.

she didnt bait me. My blood pressure didnt rise, betcha the 2 old crones went to bed in a bad mood though. I knew i won when the name calling started.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #256 - May 14th, 2015 at 11:59am

rhino wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 11:47am:
  Not to your liking it would seem so you're going to claim it as some kind of victory.

Rhino....do not let this cyber troll bait you. As you can see, you will be up ALL BLOODY NIGHT.

It's not healthy...in fact it's insane. Let her believe she has won the argument.

Just a free tip matey.

she didnt bait me. My blood pressure didnt rise, betcha the 2 old crones went to bed in a bad mood though. I knew i won when the name calling started.

Grin Grin Grin

Love ya work Tongue

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #257 - May 14th, 2015 at 12:30pm

Ouch Lisa.. Cheesy

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #258 - May 14th, 2015 at 7:42pm

mothra wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:48am:
Back to the point at hand .. what do we collectively think are good strategies for dealing with family violence?

To my mind, it starts with education. We need to teach children in school what family violence is and what it means. That it is a crime and there are penalties. We need to provide children with more counsellors. I think children need to be modeled non-violent behaviour and that starts with parents finding better ways to discipline their children than smacking them. Use the giant brain we all have. Problem resolution through thought and action.

To some extent a lot of this is already happening.

Overall though, our Governments lack commitment and therefore underfund, they also lack insight, knowledge and it would seem, ultimately care...

Here is a link to one such school program

http://napcan.org.au/our-programs/love-bites/

It is confronting, hard hitting, FACT based and informative. It also affords young people opportunity to speak up, speak out and explore their ideas about violence, relationships issues, consent etc....

The downside, it is almost totally reliant on various services, in effect, donating their staff time in order to present it. I have been part of presenting this in my region, however, cannot always do so because the funding of my program does not cover this specifically. As such, my service in effect, donates my time. It involves a wide range of industry professionals presenting.

I think there need to be more support services that focus on early intervention and child support. When i eventually threw my abusive ex out, there was nowhere to take my kids. I eventually found help for my daughter through a women's support centre as she was a little older but my very young son had nothing.

Early Intervention is the new "buzz" word.... It is a great idea, and from what I have read and heard, Victoria actually almost gets it right. Sadly NSW has early intervention services, however, quite typically, the model is anything BUT early in the intervention and, often is more of a last resort before mandated action is taken. Again, the people are on the ground but often their hands are tied due to "funding models" that directly contradict the definition of the word early.

We need to remove the stigma on family violence sufferers. Too many people still equate being on the receiving end of family violence with weakness, or naivety, or lack of will. This holds especially true for male sufferers. We need more education programs defining family violence as something we could all go through and there but for the grace of god go i ... and all that.

Absolutely. Of course, we also need to remove the stigma from the idea that working with perpetrators is a practical idea too.

However, in real terms, victims need empathy, support and safety - none of which we (society) seem to provide happily, freely or with any sense of necessity in the scale needed. That said, the services out there absolutely do the best they can with limited resources and ridiculous funding guidelines (often times).

THere were excellent advertising campaigns run last year on family violence. They received some backlash because they did not include men or same sex unions in their message. We need to repeat them and include those missing into the message.

Once again, absolutely. We are dealing with people here so any exclusion equates to victim blaming.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #259 - May 14th, 2015 at 9:40pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 11:59am:

Just a free tip matey.

Grin Grin Grin

Love ya work Tongue

NOW  we know you are a bloke.  Masquerading as a woman.  You are a joke Lisa Jonas Honky .. you can't hide your true self, no matter how much  crap you create.

live every day

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #260 - May 14th, 2015 at 9:52pm

Hey. There's only one honky.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #261 - May 14th, 2015 at 9:57pm

Oh if only that were true. Cheesy

live every day

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #262 - May 14th, 2015 at 10:37pm

Umm Honky....did I just read Emma's post correctly?

Am I you?

Are you me?

Are we us?

Cheesy

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #263 - May 15th, 2015 at 12:34am

that  is a YES.

Lots of Honky's out there.. and they are all  Liars and deceivers.  Pat yourselves on the backs fellas.. no-one else will.  Bolster each other up guys.. 'cos you are past your 'use by dates'.  Smiley...
And you probably like your dates . Wink Cheesy Grin

live every day

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #264 - May 15th, 2015 at 12:38am

Emma wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 9:40pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 11:59am:

Just a free tip matey.

Grin Grin Grin

Love ya work Tongue

NOW  we know you are a bloke.  Masquerading as a woman.  You are a joke Lisa Jonas Honky .. you can't hide your true self, no matter how much  crap you create.

She is revolting as a human being- I have not one good word to say for her and believe me I try to see the good in pp, but there just is nothing to like here- its very sad.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #265 - May 15th, 2015 at 12:42am

See, the Honky's provide a perfect example of a 'woman's issue'.
A woman, like me for example, comes on here, seeking to communicate about important issues,  and  these liars jump on board, so they can denigrate and scorn and cast aspersions.  Why ?  because, shucks GUYS,  independent women scare the shite out of you..
Because you are so gormless, you have such a small real opinion of yourselves, that you only feel good when you are dissing someone you view, secretly, as your superior.  Grin Grin Grin

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #266 - May 15th, 2015 at 12:51am

Grin Grin Grin

DWADS

live every day

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #267 - May 15th, 2015 at 12:57am

what a load of cr@P, you dont want a debate, you want a witchhunt. You cant help yourself but be nasty, mean and malicious simply because someone disagrees with you. A very poor example of a human being,. you are in fine company.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #268 - May 15th, 2015 at 1:01am

there just is nothing to like here- its very sad.

I agree A.G.
Nothing there.

live every day

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #269 - May 15th, 2015 at 1:37am

rhino wrote on May 15th, 2015 at 12:57am:
what a load of cr@P, you dont want a debate, you want a witchhunt. You cant help yourself but be nasty, mean and malicious simply because someone disagrees with you. A very poor example of a human being,. you are in fine company.

I have been of the opinion for sometime now that this applies to an awful lot of forum inhabitants.

Ultimately it would seem the best these forums could aspire to is a time waster...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 59
Send Topic Print