Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 73191 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #600 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:02am

Nifty, have you any thoughts about women's equality versus the patriarchy?

Don't let these guys put you off. They are just angry, angry little biscuits.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #601 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:02am

??huh  & Nitwitbear & Mothra..?  Shite where did all these women come from ??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

take your cretinous selves somewhere else please.

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #602 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:03am

Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:02am:
??huh  & Nitwitbear & Mothra..?  Shite where did all these women come from ??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

I'm me and Nifty is Nifty Emma. Nifty has things to say, it would seem.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #603 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:05am

anywhere but here dearies. Get your jollies on the relationship page for all I care.. just bugger off.

live every day

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #604 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 2:58am:
Once again Medulla, dont' judge other people by your standards.

I don't do other ID's. I'm quite content with my own.

Yeas we can tell Wink Wink

Nup still not medulla, I checked gain, that one didn't work either.
Still good old WhyWhy Huh, darn, mothar try again.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #605 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am

Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:05am:
anywhere but here dearies. Get your jollies on the relationship page for all I care.. just bugger off.

I'm sorry Emma, i was followed by Rhino and Whywhy ... they don;t like me very much.

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #606 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:07am

Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:02am:

Well since mothra has invented a friend for herself you can deal with the troll from here on out.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

The Niftiest Bear

Australian Politics

Reply #607 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:09am

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:02am:

When someone is in a privileged position and that privilege is threatened, they'll do anything to try to hold onto it. In America they're implementing laws on abortion and all the rest of it. Patriarchy is an insidious cancer clinging tenaciously to society. Internalised and overt misogyny is a constant barrier to both women and men (can't forget teh menz!), and until people accept that women cannot and will not take any more of this shite, we're gonna have a problem.

tbh they should just stop interfering, the ball is rolling. Those fighting for equality won't back down, we've gained too much ground.

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic~

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #608 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:10am

I heard tell that there was a men's thread .. the men's shed i think, where women didn't go.

I don't understand why all of these men need to crash this thread to prove whatever they think their points are.

It's bad enough to deal with the men that come in here to trash feminism ... but now we have men following us in here to denigrate us for being who we are.

Why can't we just have a little corner of the internet where we talk about the issues we feel we are facing?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #609 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:13am

The Niftiest Bear wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:09am:

When someone is in a privileged position and that privilege is threatened, they'll do anything to try to hold onto it. In America they're implementing laws on abortion and all the rest of it. Patriarchy is an insidious cancer clinging tenaciously to society. Internalised and overt misogyny is a constant barrier to both women and men (can't forget teh menz!), and until people accept that women cannot and will not take any more of this shite, we're gonna have a problem.

tbh they should just stop interfering, the ball is rolling. Those fighting for equality won't back down, we've gained too much ground.

Encouraging Nifty. It's a bit like the same sex marriage thing i suppose. It's going to happen, stop fighting it.

IP Logged

The Niftiest Bear

Australian Politics

Reply #610 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:15am

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:13am:

Encouraging Nifty. It's a bit like the same sex marriage thing i suppose. It's going to happen, stop fighting it.

It's like they think this whole equality thing is a bad idea.

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic~

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #611 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:20am

The Niftiest Bear wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:15am:
mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:13am:

It's like they think this whole equality thing is a bad idea.

Yeah, it makes me wonder what the vested interest is. Why fight so hard against something that is clearly a natural state of being for so many people?

It has to be about the relinquishing of power and the interruption to the status quo. THere is no other possible explanation.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #612 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:24am

that's funny Nifty. Smiley

Would put a spanner in the works wouldn't it? Eh?

Well we DO have a problem, lets face it. The on-going 'Backlash' is everywhere. Not new either.

Just think, it was less 100 yrs ago that women got the right to vote. !
A woman could not own property. As late as 50 odd yrs ago, women with a job in the Public Service had to quit their jobs if they got married.

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #613 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:30am

Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:24am:
that's funny Nifty. Smiley

Would put a spanner in the works wouldn't it? Eh?

Well we DO have a problem, lets face it. The on-going 'Backlash' is everywhere. Not new either.

Just think, it was less 100 yrs ago that women got the right to vote. !
A woman could not own property. As late as 50 odd yrs ago, women with a job in the Public Service had to quit their jobs if they got married.

I don;t know what to make of the backlash. I just shudder when i meet a young woman who declares herself not to be a feminist. She doesn't know what it means.

I blame the media for always portraying the most rabid version of feminism to the world.

Feminism is actually an inclusive and very well thought out ideology that serves humanity well.

But we have been bastardised.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #614 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:33am

I'm pretty sure it was Kaz Cook who said:

"If you say you are not a feminist but prefer not to be treated as a small deposit of seagull poo on the windscreen of life, you simply have your terminology wrong"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 59
Send Topic Print