Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 73151 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #630 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 6:24am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 5:38pm:
Agnes wrote on Jun 4th, 2015 at 3:41pm:
If this thread is anything to go by the biggest issue women have is other women..serious!

Yes. Domestic violence and rape statistics pale in comparison to the mental torture women force on other women.

1 in three women face domestic violence.

1 in 5 women have been sexually assaulted.

Sure, women being bitchy to each other compares.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #631 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:50am

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:10am:
I heard tell that there was a men's thread .. the men's shed i think, where women didn't go.

I don't understand why all of these men need to crash this thread to prove whatever they think their points are.

It's bad enough to deal with the men that come in here to trash feminism ... but now we have men following us in here to denigrate us for being who we are.

Why can't we just have a little corner of the internet where we talk about the issues we feel we are facing?

You probably can, ask FD he owns the place and can implement such things...On past experience of course I cannot guarantee he'll respond - but like they say, we don't know if we don't first ask....

For my part though, I can certainly take such a subtle hint.

Enjoy.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #632 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 9:55am

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 6:24am:
If this thread is anything to go by the biggest issue women have is other women..serious!

Yes. Domestic violence and rape statistics pale in comparison to the mental torture women force on other women.

these are bs statistics. Many, many false claims of sexual assault.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #633 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:12am

Yes, not only BS, but obvious BS. 

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/feminists-love-statistics-the-real-sexua...

I don't expect this to be read because, like the "wage gap" BS, it's too convenient to let go of.  If knowledge of the fact that australian women are simply so comfortable they have to invent things to whinge about, the cash cow of feminism would be headed for the abattoir.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #634 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 1:30pm

The Niftiest Bear wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:33am:
mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:20am:
The Niftiest Bear wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:15am:
mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:13am:
The Niftiest Bear wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:09am:
mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:02am:
Nifty, have you any thoughts about women's equality versus the patriarchy?

Don't let these guys put you off. They are just angry, angry little biscuits.

When someone is in a privileged position and that privilege is threatened, they'll do anything to try to hold onto it. In America they're implementing laws on abortion and all the rest of it. Patriarchy is an insidious cancer clinging tenaciously to society. Internalised and overt misogyny is a constant barrier to both women and men (can't forget teh menz!), and until people accept that women cannot and will not take any more of this shite, we're gonna have a problem.

tbh they should just stop interfering, the ball is rolling. Those fighting for equality won't back down, we've gained too much ground.

Encouraging Nifty. It's a bit like the same sex marriage thing i suppose. It's going to happen, stop fighting it.

It's like they think this whole equality thing is a bad idea.

Yeah, it makes me wonder what the vested interest is. Why fight so hard against something that is clearly a natural state of being for so many people?

It has to be about the relinquishing of power and the interruption to the status quo. THere is no other possible explanation.

I think fear is a major motivator. They're afraid of change, even if the change that comes is positive. People don't like to lose, even though when someone gains privileges you always had it doesn't mean you're losing any of your own.

Fear definitely- for the now and the future- what are they afraid of and who are they?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #635 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 4:43pm

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 6:24am:

Cheesy Grin BS Statistics, I can't believe she sat in here chatting to herself until 6am. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #636 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:03pm

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am:
Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:05am:
anywhere but here dearies. Get your jollies on the relationship page for all I care.. just bugger off.

I'm sorry Emma, i was followed by Rhino and Whywhy ... they don;t like me very much.

Don't apolagise to anyone Mothra- you're ok. Definitely not one of the trolls around here.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #637 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:06pm

mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:10am:
I heard tell that there was a men's thread .. the men's shed i think, where women didn't go.

I don't understand why all of these men need to crash this thread to prove whatever they think their points are.

It's bad enough to deal with the men that come in here to trash feminism ... but now we have men following us in here to denigrate us for being who we are.

Why can't we just have a little corner of the internet where we talk about the issues we feel we are facing?

All women's boards in this place from the year dot has had a problem with d-ck head men trying to control the conversation- nothing new. Not surprising they hate feminists then- Im not a feminist- but I do lean in that direction.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #638 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:52pm

... wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:12am:
Yes, not only BS, but obvious BS. 

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/feminists-love-statistics-the-real-sexua...

I don't expect this to be read because, like the "wage gap" BS, it's too convenient to let go of.  If knowledge of the fact that australian women are simply so comfortable they have to invent things to whinge about, the cash cow of feminism would be headed for the abattoir.

yes. Also does not show the huge number of false sexual assault allegations against men, false allegations against women are miniscule in comparison.

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #639 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:56pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 10:03pm:
mothra wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:06am:
Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 3:05am:
anywhere but here dearies. Get your jollies on the relationship page for all I care.. just bugger off.

I'm sorry Emma, i was followed by Rhino and Whywhy ... they don;t like me very much.

Don't apolagise to anyone Mothra- you're ok. Definitely not one of the trolls around here.

Grin Grin Grin

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #640 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 11:49pm

I would say that the FACT that 2  women per week have been killed by their partner every week since the beginning of 2015 is a really serious issue.
That is tragic and should be of genuine concern to any person with some true sense of self, any person who cares for something other than themselves.

The soulless keep yakking on with their usual bias though.

In the face of this FACT,, Angry Angry, shame on you you wastes of space. I wonder how much you would be whinging if 2 men were killed by their partners every week, week in week out.  Angry Angry  SCUM.

live every day

IP Logged

The Niftiest Bear

Australian Politics

Reply #641 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:07am

Emma wrote on Jun 6th, 2015 at 11:49pm:
I would say that the FACT that 2  women per week have been killed by their partner every week since the beginning of 2015 is a really serious issue.
That is tragic and should be of genuine concern to any person with some true sense of self, any person who cares for something other than themselves.

The soulless keep yakking on with their usual bias though.

In the face of this FACT,, Angry Angry, shame on you you wastes of space. I wonder how much you would be whinging if 2 men were killed by their partners every week, week in week out.  Angry Angry  SCUM.

It's just typical MRA flapping. Their God and Saviour Paul Elam actually said that it was more important to silence feminists online than to build domestic violence shelters for men. That's how low their playing field is. They don't want to hear about the statistics of violence against women ... you know, unless they can turn it around to be about teh menz of course.

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic~

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #642 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:29am

Yes that makes sense Nifty.  They certainly come on like an organised and concerted crew of fools. MRA would be about right.
Seen those fools in action,  and when really faced with the FACTS,  they disappeared from the scene pretty quickly..

But THAT, as they say, is another story.

Mothra, in an earlier post I suggested that personal  issue's posters should bugger off.  I may have been a bit obtuse in using ??huh .. I was referring to WhyWhyHuh. I'd suggest ignoring them. Don't reply.  Smiley Easy.

live every day

IP Logged

The Niftiest Bear

Australian Politics

Reply #643 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:44am

I feel like this is applicable;

"Feminists have always been accused of hating men because it is a very effective way of silencing a very threatening movement. In a society where women's value is based on our ability to please men, and where men hold almost all the cards, the worst possible thing we can do is hate them. So when feminists point out and object to the oppression, abuse and discrimination perpetuated by men against women, this is framed as man hating in an attempt to silence us, in an attempt to ensure that we are vilified and ignored by the rest of society, so that male oppression of women and male privilege can continue unchecked.

No matter how we frame our arguments and no matter what kind of image we seek to project, as long as we highlight, object to and fight misogyny, feminists are going to be called man haters.

So I'm not going to waste my time trying to prove that I'm not."

-- "Man Haters?", Laura on "The F-Word Blog"

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic~

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #644 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 12:59am

yeah there better things to do than engaging with these agents of discord. 
Should a relevant comment happen, however unlikely that may be Roll Eyes, address the issues, not the idiots.
Otherwise you are just feeding them lines of rebuttal, however nonsensical they may actually be.

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 59
Send Topic Print