Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Dioxins in Sydney Harbour fish ... (Read 5648 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Dioxins in Sydney Harbour fish ...
Reply #45 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 11:05am

The extra suffering of Seafood (any food), as seems the rage in Asia, by cooking the animals 'live' does not make the dish taste any better.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 6:45pm

I boil crabs alive.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:51pm

Yeah well I don't .... I usually kill them with a spike or in a freezer .... then clean them green before cooking.  Tongue

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 8:26pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 7:51pm:
Yeah well I don't .... I usually kill them with a spike or in a freezer .... then clean them green before cooking.  Tongue

Good on you, Gonads.

No names, but some people enjoy the agonised wailing and the mournful keening sound of creatures in agony as they are slowly being boiled to death.

We can only hope they catch these mud-crabs upstream of the Sydney Harbour Bridge where you can see them glowing a luminescent green on the mudflats after dark ...

No names, but.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 9:40pm

I'm with Gnads on that one.
Quite inappropriate to listen to a Crab/Lobster/Crayfish 'squealing' in boiling water.

You know what they say about people who pick wings off flies...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:30am

Jasin wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 9:40pm:
I'm with Gnads on that one.
Quite inappropriate to listen to a Crab/Lobster/Crayfish 'squealing' in boiling water.

You know what they say about people who pick wings off flies...

... they end up with body-parts in the fridge ... and in the freezer ... and in pots on the stove .... and in the bath .... and blocking the sewerage pipes .... and they stuff rags under the front door to keep the stench from leaking into the corridors of the apartment building ....  and they're usually GAY ..... and get their victims from GAY BARS when they're not down at the Fish Markets buying WHOPPERS to show their friends on Monday mornings as their Catch of the weekend .... and .....

No names, but.

Cool
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2014 at 9:03am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 9:02am

Speaking of fish stories ...

Our NSW premier Mike Baird told the story of how he was surfing at an un-netted beach with some friends, when a school of fish raced passed him towards the shallows ~ and he thought ... "This isn't good". He knew what it meant.

And he was right.

He turned to look to the side of him, and sure enough, right next to his board he was being eyeballed by a shark that had now lost all interest in the mackerels, or bait fish, or whatever they were.

It was bad enough to have a shark next to you in the water, and interested in you in a nightmarish sort of way, but it was worse than that.

This fish had attitude. Bad attitude. And it was horribly intelligent. It could strategise.

All the way to the beach this shark tried to bat Baird off his board with his tail ...

And it was persistent.

Baird's words: "It chased me all the way onto the beach".

This was why Baird was not in favour of removing shark netting from Sydney's beaches.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:00pm

Michael Travis & Co (The Anita Coby Murderers) often picked the wings off flies...
...and they would actually have sex with Pigs and ejaculate inside it before serving it up for the BBQ for family and friends to pig out on.  Tongue

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 6:01pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:00pm:
Michael Travis & Co (The Anita Coby Murderers) often picked the wings off flies...
...and they would actually have sex with Pigs and ejaculate inside it before serving it up for the BBQ for family and friends to pig out on.  Tongue

They are Poster Boys for the Death Penalty.

Mind you, I was watching a doco/reality show from America's Southern Georgia featuring the trial of a mass murderer who was on trial for bludgeoning to death 8 of his close family in a trailer park.

What surprised me was that in Southern Georgia the jury not only decide the guilt or innocence, but also the penalty ~ including the death penalty.

These jury members were mostly illiterate imbeciles with calloused thumbs from playing too much backwoods banjo.

Nobody's life should depend on the 'gut feeling' of a dozen retards chewin' straws in the jury box.

Them was hillbillies with no education and highly suspect genes ...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #54 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:12pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 9:02am:
Speaking of fish stories ...

Our NSW premier Mike Baird told the story of how he was surfing at an un-netted beach with some friends, when a school of fish raced passed him towards the shallows ~ and he thought ... "This isn't good". He knew what it meant.

And he was right.

He turned to look to the side of him, and sure enough, right next to his board he was being eyeballed by a shark that had now lost all interest in the mackerels, or bait fish, or whatever they were.

It was bad enough to have a shark next to you in the water, and interested in you in a nightmarish sort of way, but it was worse than that.

This fish had attitude. Bad attitude. And it was horribly intelligent. It could strategise.

All the way to the beach this shark tried to bat Baird off his board with his tail ...

And it was persistent.

Baird's words: "It chased me all the way onto the beach".

This was why Baird was not in favour of removing shark netting from Sydney's beaches.

If you are in the water with a shark that wants to eat you, you have no chance. They can swim about 100 times faster. He made it to shore because the shark did not want to take a bite. At most, it was interested.

When sharks are chasing fish, they go after fish. They are mentally focused on fish. It is when they are chasing seals and turtles that you have to watch out.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:35pm

Mike Baird was safe .... sharks don't eat Politicians whole

they spit that bit out.

It probably recognised he was a Lieberal & knew he would be full of shyte.

Anyways the ocean is the sharks domain not Bairds ... what happened should have SFA to with shark nets.

Sharks get inside them all the time .... they(the nets) kill more innocent marine animals like turtles, dolphins & whales.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:04pm

freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:12pm:
When sharks are chasing fish, they go after fish. They are mentally focused on fish. It is when they are chasing seals and turtles that you have to watch out.

Shark behaviour is still a mystery.

It's been observed time and again that a shark will swim through a crowd of people swimming at a beach before then biting a certain person.

There's a type of sole in the waters of the Red Sea that sharks never bite because of its deadly poison.

It's surprising there's still no effective shark deterrent for people who sail boats around the coastal waters. 
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2014 at 2:10pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:25am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 8:02pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2014 at 6:44pm:
You have to buy a whole rump - about $40 worth at a time. It is vacuum packed and fresher than the stuff you get at the coles deli for $20. Usually it is $7 per kilo.

Yes, well, if you live alone, large packets of meat are out of the question. You can't put it in and out of the freezer all the time.

I usually buy about $12 worth of halal rump at a local Muslim butchery .. cook it up, and then eat it for 2 or three days.

But as cooked meat is a known carcinogen I do this only every 3 months or so.

(And yes. If you want the best meat, then go to a Muslim butchers).

So by buying that HALAL meat you are unwittingly or not putting money into the hands of Muslim/Islamic  organisations & I bet some of that ends up supporting
terrorists.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:33am

I only buy fish from our local fishmonger, whom says it's all Australian fish, but now I am worried, and, I have to ask, what part of Oz it comes from! Shocked
And also, all that gel capsules of krill/clamari/omega 3 oil, in bottles, one has to ask where it came from also!

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:35am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:04pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:12pm:

Shark behaviour is still a mystery.

It's been observed time and again that a shark will swim through a crowd of people swimming at a beach before then biting a certain person.

There's a type of sole in the waters of the Red Sea that sharks never bite because of its deadly poison.

It's surprising there's still no effect shark deterrent for people who sail boats around the coastal waters. 

Something I recall, that sharks go for bright colours, such as yellow, and also anything or anyone, that makes sudden movements.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print