Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Heterosexuality, The Lifestyle Choice (Read 1012 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Heterosexuality, The Lifestyle Choice
Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:41am

Since some claim homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, that would mean people have chosen heterosexuality as a lifestyle choice.

Mediation held with SA council executive who resigned over rainbow flag

Mediation is underway between a South Australian council and its chief executive officer after he resigned in protest against the council raising a rainbow flag during an Adelaide gay and lesbian festival.

Copper Coast Council CEO Peter Harder announced his resignation in July after the Kadina-based council, Yorke Peninsula, voted seven to three in favour of flying the flag during November's Feast Festival.

Mr Harder said at the time that he was not against people's lifestyle choices and was "totally fine with people choosing how they want to live", but did not want to been seen as supporting a symbol that did not reflect his values.

"Being fine with it and being supportive of it are two different things," he said.

"We should be able to agree to disagree."

Council Mayor Paul Thomas said he had asked Mr Harder to provide the council with a formal record of what made it untenable for him to continue.

"We would make a decision on how we'll deal with the mediation, whether we'll deal with that as elected members and the chief executive, or whether we'll mutually agree between the two parties, whether we use some professional assistance with that as well, when we have a better understanding of what the position is."

Mr Harder said he would remain in his position if common ground could be found, but if not, "we'll have to part ways".

A decision is expected at the next council meeting on August 5.

It follows a controversy at the City of Marion in Adelaide's south in June, which voted in favour of keeping the flag permanently aloft outside its chambers despite a councillor's attempt to have it taken down.

Small handouts the size of business cards were later distributed anonymously in letter boxes in the area, criticising the council's decision to raise the rainbow flag.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-22/council-executive-in-mediation-over-rainbo...

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Heterosexuality, The Lifestyle Choice
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:30pm

____ wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 11:41am:
Since some claim homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, that would mean people have chosen heterosexuality as a lifestyle choice.

Mediation is underway between a South Australian council and its chief executive officer after he resigned in protest against the council raising a rainbow flag during an Adelaide gay and lesbian festival.

Copper Coast Council CEO Peter Harder announced his resignation in July after the Kadina-based council, Yorke Peninsula, voted seven to three in favour of flying the flag during November's Feast Festival.

Mr Harder said at the time that he was not against people's lifestyle choices and was "totally fine with people choosing how they want to live", but did not want to been seen as supporting a symbol that did not reflect his values.

"Being fine with it and being supportive of it are two different things," he said.

Council Mayor Paul Thomas said he had asked Mr Harder to provide the council with a formal record of what made it untenable for him to continue.

"We would make a decision on how we'll deal with the mediation, whether we'll deal with that as elected members and the chief executive, or whether we'll mutually agree between the two parties, whether we use some professional assistance with that as well, when we have a better understanding of what the position is."

Mr Harder said he would remain in his position if common ground could be found, but if not, "we'll have to part ways".

It follows a controversy at the City of Marion in Adelaide's south in June, which voted in favour of keeping the flag permanently aloft outside its chambers despite a councillor's attempt to have it taken down.

Small handouts the size of business cards were later distributed anonymously in letter boxes in the area, criticising the council's decision to raise the rainbow flag.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-22/council-executive-in-mediation-over-rainbo...

Wrong at the first assumption. Homosexuality is not the reverse of normal sexuality. It is a fringe aberration of mainstream human life. Due to the gay membership of the media we get our noses rubbed in their stuff just a bit too much these days.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:33pm

Mmmm Pr Poofter pushing his favourite subject which is pushing turds up bums

Yuk!!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:36pm

issuevoter wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:30pm:

Wrong at the first assumption. Homosexuality is not the reverse of normal sexuality. It is a fringe aberration of mainstream human life. Due to the gay membership of the media we get our noses rubbed in their stuff just a bit too much these days.

First two posts both complete dross

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:42pm

And an excellent choice it is too, I would highly recommend it to everyone.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:45pm

No just the normal way the hormones should function.. anything else might be correctable via the proper medical intervention....

If brickie's labourers want to take hormones and get tits injected - why can't they take hormones to correct the abnormalities in the first place?

Where there's a will there's a way - but it seems the will to NOT be homosexual is not present.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:46pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:42pm:

To make the choice, you must of tested the other side of the fence, even if it was only in your head.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:58pm

____ wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:46pm:

To make the choice, you must of tested the other side of the fence, even if it was only in your head.

I have also 'chosen' to not be a murder, thief, rapist or paedophile, didn't take much thinking to make these lifestyle choices either.

I think Im pretty bloody good at making my lifestyle choices, what do you reckon?

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:04pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 12:58pm:

I have also 'chosen' to not be a murder, thief, rapist or paedophile, didn't take much thinking to make these lifestyle choices either.

I think Im pretty bloody good at making my lifestyle choices, what do you reckon?

To ask others for reinforcement says volumes about your choices.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:02pm

____ wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:04pm:

Isn't that what your OP is all about, seeking sympathy and acknowledgement for your lifestyle choices?

No-one cares about you or your choices, live with it.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:42pm

and its a good point you make.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:46pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:42pm:

I don't think greens is pickin up what Im puttin down and Im not the least bit surprised. Smiley

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 5:06pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:02pm:
____ wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:04pm:

Isn't that what your OP is all about, seeking sympathy and acknowledgement for your lifestyle choices?

No-one cares about you or your choices, live with it.

No, not seeking sympathy for my lifestyle choices. Haven't mentioned any of them.

Not a very good deflection from your admittance you are after reinforcement for yours.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #13 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 5:07pm

Christian mumbo jumbo has no influence. A very good point.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 5:19pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2015 at 4:46pm:

I don't think greens is pickin up what Im puttin down and Im not the least bit surprised. Smiley

he doesnt 'pick up' much of what anyone says.  A grade 3 education does not prepare you for all that much int he real world.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print