Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where do the ugly people work? (Read 860 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Where do the ugly people work?
Sep 24th, 2015 at 9:44am

It seems to be the case now, according to a leading female commentator, that the better-looking you are the more you will earn.
Maybe this has always been so?
But she was struck by the fact that the ranks of the best paying professions were increasingly filled by those who had the most attractive appearance.

Maybe this has something to do with the trend towards more grooming. Imagine men having facials etc! Is it about pulling the birds or about getting the jobs?

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Re: Where do the ugly people work?
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 9:55am

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 9:44am:
Maybe this has something to do with the trend towards more grooming. Imagine men having facials etc! Is it about pulling the birds or about getting the jobs?

I think you'll find this trend is far more pronounced in women.  It's hardly a secret that good-looking women get a hell of a lot of privileges.  They are the most privileged people in the world, by a long long way. 

The problem is that ugly and plain women look at them and think that those privileges are basic rights that everybody else gets - men included, and that they should be getting too.  The result?  Unqualified, unattractive, unremarkable women screaming about misogyny. 
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:58am by ... »  

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:03am

oh I dunno.... to me its all about money... I am watching Celebrity Apprentice  have you guys seen Geoffrey and his new love???... OMG...its like freak and freakier...sorry if that sounds mean but do you honestly think Geoffrey would get two looks if he didnt seem to have endless money??.....and shes no better even weirder if thats possible..some people love attention.. its a shame we are becoming more and more shallow..

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:41am

Politics has long been considered acting for ugly people....

That answers part of the OP...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:51am

ugly people work in unions

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:55am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:51am:

Grin  Grin

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:14pm

Possibly between that

Phemanderac wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:41am:

and

that

we are part way there.

All we now need to cover is the employer groups, law and real estate and I think we have all the ugly people covered...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:16pm

success in life is to a large extent determined by your confidence and your ability to challenge your own limiting beliefs and break through success barriers.

its a no-brainer that good looking people feel more confident , so this would seem a self fulfilling prophecy.

one of the most important things that anyone can do for themselves is apply the following paradym to their perceived looks problem, whether it be height, crooked teeth, going bald or whatever.

WINS

W   lift weights
I  look after your image, dress smart
N  nutrition , eat good stuff
S   shut the smack up.  if you have a problem that isnt solved by the above three, just completely pretend it doesnt exist. people pick up your vibe and run with it. if you are self conscious about your looks, THAT does more damage then the percieved opinon of others

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:17pm

Phemanderac wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:14pm:
Possibly between that

Phemanderac wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:41am:

and

that

we are part way there.

All we now need to cover is the employer groups, law and real estate and I think we have all the ugly people covered...

Disagree completely.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:18pm

aquascoot wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:16pm:
success in life is to a large extent determined by your confidence and your ability to challenge your own limiting beliefs and break through success barriers.

its a no-brainer that good looking people feel more confident , so this would seem a self fulfilling prophecy.

one of the most important things that anyone can do for themselves is apply the following paradym to their perceived looks problem, whether it be height, crooked teeth, going bald or whatever.

WINS

W   lift weights
S   shut the smack up.  if you have a problem that isnt solved by the above three, just completely pretend it doesnt exist. people pick up your vibe and run with it. If you are self conscious about your looks, THAT does more damage then the percieved opinion of others

Oooh. I like that  Smiley

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #10 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:35pm

I think  factories house a few, but it matters not what you look like ( some of the ugliest pp I know were good looking) its what inside and that will shine through. 123- puke!

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #11 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:38pm

cods wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 11:03am:
oh I dunno.... to me its all about money... I am watching Celebrity Apprentice  have you guys seen Geoffrey and his new love???... OMG...its like freak and freakier...sorry if that sounds mean but do you honestly think Geoffrey would get two looks if he didnt seem to have endless money??.....and shes no better even weirder if thats possible..some people love attention.. its a shame we are becoming more and more shallow..

Always confuses me  when an ugly man is with a good looking woman, until you find out he is obscenely rich.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:41pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:18pm:
aquascoot wrote on Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:16pm:

WINS

W   lift weights
S   shut the smack up.  if you have a problem that isnt solved by the above three, just completely pretend it doesnt exist. people pick up your vibe and run with it. If you are self conscious about your looks, THAT does more damage then the percieved opinion of others

Oooh. I like that  Smiley

Yep, Aquas one of the more positive posters.
A very nice guy/gal

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 12:54pm

Good looking people have always found it easier to get jobs. If you have two people with similar qualifications and experience, the good looking one will almost always get chosen over the other.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print