Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32292 times)
mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #105 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:11pm

double plus good wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:31am:
In India your people practice a ritual where the widow is cremated with the husband Unforgiven. It's called Sati or Widow Burning. Now that's abuse.

They also rape women and children with almost no complaint or action by authorities.

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #106 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:12pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:58am:
cods wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:37am:
... wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:28am:
cods wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 10:00am:
there should never be any excuse for VIOLENCE I dont care if she is the biggest nagger in the world...no excuses.

That's convenient if you're the nagger. 

What is the naggees recourse? 

look I do know naggers....but the point it.. if you cannot talk to this person the nagger.. then you can seek counselling today something that was never there years ago...you do not have to remain in a marriage anymore  .. if you want the marriage to work.. then get help to get the tools to make it work...no marriage is perfect ..

but turning to VIOLENCE is never ever the answer to any problem...even shouting is WRONG.. its intimidating to say the least...we have to find answers...

personally I would like to see more on this in high schools.... lisa is right these topics get shut down.

we now have education regarding same sex parenting...in schools..

but nothing on living together in harmony...and VIOLENCE IS A NO NO...kids should be encouraged to report violence in their homes.. maybe that would make some think twice.

children should not be afraid to be in their own homes because of VIOLENCE yet this is the case more and more..

Well Aussie did get a similar topic shut down in The Tavern....now he's here trolling this one.

Enough said about him?

Why do you think he is a taxi driver? It is the job of last resort.

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #107 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:18pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 11:38am:
Quote:
It can also be very impt for future Family Court proceedings re asset distribution, spouse support etc. Very impt.

Yet again, absolute ferking horseshit.  Conduct now has no bearing on either property distribuition, or maintenance, and it has not since 1975.

Perhaps you should get out some more. Conduct DOES affect outcomes in extreme cases. It may not be fully legal, but it still occurs.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:18pm

If women shut up, cooked the bloody dinner, cleaned the friggen house, looked after the kids and stopped saying no when their partner felt horny, there would be no domestic violence

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(I've gotta run before wifely dearest see this Grin Grin)

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #109 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:19pm

Quote:
I'd also ask how violent spouses/partners get the address (that is supposedly secret) and come around at night trying to gain entry.

It is easy to get the address.  So easy.  Cabbies know where they are, as will everyone who has a relation, friend or associate who has been there.  If I wanted to know where they all were on the Sunshine Coast, I'd get a female mate to feign a need for a Refuge, and Bob would be my Uncle.

And......if any male ever got even close to the inner sanctum of a Women's Refuge (....hmm.......hmmmmmm......hmmmmmmm???) they would be beaten senseless by the resident Sisterhood.

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #110 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:20pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 11:58am:
Unforgiven wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 11:52am:
In India your people practice a ritual where the widow is cremated with the husband Unforgiven. It's called Sati or Widow Burning. Now that's abuse.

Doubleplusgood must have been a cremated Indian widow in a former life.

He is also posting crap.  The practice was outlawed in the 1800s.

So was rape. How'd that work out in modern day India?

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:26pm

The term domestic violence (I think relationship violence might be far more apt) does not specifically just mean the act of physical violence....

That is an important point.

Further, the real issue around relationship violence is the underpinning exertion of power and control - in fact that is a great indicator.

So, whilst physical violence is in many ways the worst, it is certainly extremely dangerous, thing like withholding (Money, Affection, Access to religious support, medical support, children and/or animals), Threat and intimidation, Harm to animals, Forced sexual contact, verbal abuse, mental abuse, put downs etc etc etc (the list does actually go on....) all constitute Domestic (or Relationship) violence.

As such, whilst using physical violence in response to "nagging" is never an appropriate response, the act of nagging itself constitutes Relationship violence. If you are unable to negotiate to stop the nagging, report it.

The reason men are painted as the perpetrators consistently is the statistical reality of who reports being victimised. Now, I know most blokes are going to say things like "I am not going to go running to the cops because my wife nags me...." etc. In that case you have a couple of options - either the nagging is actually not all that bad and you might be able to work it out, or, you would rather wait until you lose your poo and hit someone... That will end up before the courts quite possibly and YOU will be the perp and not the victim, despite protestations saying otherwise.

Physical violence is NOT an appropriate response ever.

Counselling. Someone said counselling is suppose to save the marriage... That is so far from correct it would be funny if the subject matter was not so serious.

The role of counselling is to help deal with emotional upset, work through issues/problems so that one can make calmer, better informed decisions about their future. Sometimes, the best decision is actually to walk away from each other.

The role of counselling is to, hopefully, give both parties the opportunity to make the best decisions for their own future and, far more importantly, their children's (if kids are involved).

Court will generally endeavour to make the best decisions for the children whose parents have chosen an adversarial route... Now for my money, caring parents would be far more appropriate and better informed decision makers (some magistrates actually get this, so do not make their decisions too quickly - dragging out the case and ultimately costing more money to possibly still get it wrong....). Of course, if parents have gone so far down the road that adversarial is their only option - then, often at least one (but possibly both) parents have stopped truly thinking about their kids needs.

More men need to make reports about them being victimised, the possible harm being caused to their children etc etc etc. Or put up with the system as it presently is, which often fails to protect women, children or men, but, occasionally gets it completely right.

Houses etc are material possessions, if they are more important than the children you are doing something wrong...

Kids are greatly effected and, often blame themselves (nope it does not have to be rational) when their parents fight, argue and/or split up.

There are programs in schools presently about relationships violence and sexual assault, one in particular that I am aware of that is quite effective is the Love Bytes program...With any luck, the next generation will sort this stuff out much better than we are failing to.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #112 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:26pm

mariacostel wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:20pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 11:58am:
Unforgiven wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 11:52am:

Doubleplusgood must have been a cremated Indian widow in a former life.

He is also posting crap.  The practice was outlawed in the 1800s.

So was rape. How'd that work out in modern day India?

When was rape ever acceptable in India?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:30pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 4:58pm:
I'm not coming into the cods' mouthy provocation.  Like this:

Quote:
and from what we read the female.... is usually for from being provocative   its the last thing she would do to get a beating..

Problem with that is that there are many people out there who reckon they can be as verbally abusive as they like, and there will be no response of one kind or another.  It is human nature to push envelopes, and sometimes ~ tough tit ~ you come second.

As for your comment about Ladies in Refugees showing signs...well, I have no doubt they do.  As a Cabbie, I often pick them up from the Refuge for some reason or other, and I have never ever had one in the Cab who was not a grub Mother yelling abuse at her kids for one reason or an other before, or during or immediately after the journey.

Further, all you are hearing is their (probably) embellished version.

Next time you are at the Refuge, ask the Managers how often and why they eject Women who are there.

you tell me.. I have never heard of it happening.. it wouldnt happen I was only ever in ONE I donated toys and gifts a friend and I had hand made we were allowed in only on strict secrecy the women I saw were helpless one lady picked up one of the golls I had knitted and hugged it the manger lady said would I mind if she kept that....... how dare you I bet you have never even been close to one of these places.. yet you take money off of men who claim they were provoked into beating a women...

did you bother yourself to take a look at one of the women who PROVOKED her MAN into beating her??? well did you..????..... I bet that gave you both a good laugh..

there is no way a  male cabdriver would be called to a womens refuge...

.N O WAY .. as if no cab drivers are women beaters... as if???... Angry Angry Angry

you are like someone else on here you live in an im aginary world...and think you kn ow everything..

Rosie Batty watched as her son was murdered....she had done everything in the world to keep him away from the lunatic who was his father.....

is that what  PROVOKED him into murdering his son??

it has to be... what else! Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:30pm

Quote:

It is.  While it is not the only way, it is a legal way to respond to provocation.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:34pm

cods wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:30pm:
. I have never heard of it happening.. it wouldnt happen

don't be naive cods ... there's a reason for all the security screens on windows and doors and the little alarm that goes directly to the nearest cop shop in all women's refuges

cods wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:30pm:
there is no way a  male cabdriver would be called to a womens refuge...

of course they would ... the women aren't prisoners and they are free to call whoever they like. A male taxi driver is generally not allowed to enter, but there is nothing to stop one waiting in his car if  called.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:34pm

Good post Phem.

Men need to report extreme nagging, it's akin to torture.

I've never heard of a court order for a wife to quit nagging though.

What would be the outcome? I doubt a nagger could just stop, it's their personality, isn't it?

The man would really have to find an alternative that includes the best outcome for the kids......or get really good earplugs.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:36pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 8:47am:
It's high time we here at OzPol brought this skeleton out of the closet.

???? What a curious comment...

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1429080762

That wasn't really too hard to locate...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:37pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:19pm:
Quote:
I'd also ask how violent spouses/partners get the address (that is supposedly secret) and come around at night trying to gain entry.

It is easy to get the address.  So easy.  Cabbies know where they are, as will everyone who has a relation, friend or associate who has been there.  If I wanted to know where they all were on the Sunshine Coast, I'd get a female mate to feign a need for a Refuge, and Bob would be my Uncle.

And......if any male ever got even close to the inner sanctum of a Women's Refuge (....hmm.......hmmmmmm......hmmmmmmm???) they would be beaten senseless by the resident Sisterhood.

That's right, cabbies have to know because quite often they are the initial escape vehicle.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:39pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:30pm:
Quote:

It is.  While it is not the only way, it is a legal way to respond to provocation.

Horseshit...  Grin

It is illegal to physically assault someone - that would not even constitute self defense.

I would have expected you to know this.

By justifying the use of violence as being "provoked" all you do is justify the perpetrators actions.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46
Send Topic Print