Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32385 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #210 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:36pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:30pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:27pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:24pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:16pm:
So.......why did he do it?

Yes Cods- that he even asks the question tells so much about this man Aussie !

It would tell the reasonable observer that I am interested in hearing more than one side of the story.

ha ha when a man hits a woman there is only one side- a real man walks away rather then ever hit a woman. You just dont get it.

I'm not going to blindly condemn without hearing the other side to the story.  So far, we have no idea what was happening.  For example, it may have been his car she was in, attempting to unlawfully use it.  We do not know, and cods is not informing us.  Perhaps she understands that if we were told, a different conclusion might be drawn.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #211 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:37pm

It would tell the reasonable observer that I am interested in hearing more than one side of the story.

a smashed windscreen with cowering people inside  doesnt tell you much I guess..you do realise they both had to get out of the car with him still there....she rang his sister and lucky she was able to come home and make him leave the site...but her car was useless and she had to borrow money to get it repaired thats when she went into the refuge...he wasnt allowed with in 500 mtrs or something...but that didnt stop the phone...she now suffers from panic attacks.. and bouts of  depression...any wonder..... there are always scars left from all of this..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #212 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:40pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:36pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:30pm:

ha ha when a man hits a woman there is only one side- a real man walks away rather then ever hit a woman. You just dont get it.

I'm not going to blindly condemn without hearing the other side to the story.  So far, we have no idea what was happening.  For example, it may have been his car she was in, attempting to unlawfully use it.  We do not know, and cods is not informing us.  Perhaps she understands that if we were told, a different conclusion might be drawn.

really.. so you are saying she could have provoked him by trying to get away from in HIS CAR......he had every right to try and stop her with a baseball bat....

it makes sense to you... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

no it was her car a beat up clapped out bag of misery but it went...

his car.. I doubt very much he would have smashed it.   sorry.... but his car ... no he wouldnt have smashed it thats for sure...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #213 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:42pm

cods, the 'car' was just an example of a possible relevant circumstance, not the only possible one.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #214 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:46pm

You are not a lawyer Aussie- you know thats a dumb lie you made up to make yourself look more interesting- no one cares if you see both sides or not- there is no way any half sane person would say there might be a reason for a woman and child sitting in a car ( no matter who it belongs to ) is reason enough EVER- to use a baseball bat to scare the life out of a woman and small child. Only a potentially abusive man would think that there was any reason at all for that.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:41pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:51pm

There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

I doubt this was the case.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #216 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:59pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:46pm:
You are not a lawyer Aussie- you know thats a dumb lie you made up to make yourself look more interesting- no one cares if you see both sides or not- there is no way any half sane person would say there might be a reason for a woman and child sitting in a car ( no matter who it belongs to ) is reason enough EVER- to used a baseball bat to scare the life out of a woman and small child. Only a potentially abusive man would think that there was any reason at all for that.

So, take a re-read of that, and then tell me who is being abusive.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #217 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:01pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:51pm:
There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

You know ~ how parents can behave if their off spring is in danger.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #218 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:13pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:59pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:46pm:
You are not a lawyer Aussie- you know thats a dumb lie you made up to make yourself look more interesting- no one cares if you see both sides or not- there is no way any half sane person would say there might be a reason for a woman and child sitting in a car ( no matter who it belongs to ) is reason enough EVER- to used a baseball bat to scare the life out of a woman and small child. Only a potentially abusive man would think that there was any reason at all for that.

So, take a re-read of that, and then tell me who is being abusive.

That is not abusive- only if you have a guilty conscience regarding your own propensity for being abusive would you even think so..

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #219 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:01pm:

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #220 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:55pm

cods wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:47am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:44am:
cods wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 5:41pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 1st, 2015 at 4:40pm:
Cods on the issue of Islamic violence bought about by journalistic critique or publishing of satirical cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad .....

your view was that to prevent such violence - knowing Muslims propensity to violence on these issues ...

was that they/we/the west should not provoke them by doing so.

An oft used quote you used was "if you poke the bear often enough" what do you expect.

Why don't you apply that very same logic to women who are the constant provocateur in many DV cases?

oh I guess its too hard for you to se the actula difference in ISIS chopping off heads and gunning people down with AK47s   and what we laughingly call DOMESTIC VIOLENCE>. I guess to some with your IQ they are basically EQUAL..

well not only do I have no answer for such a bizarre comparison but you never do make any sense to me....

you should chat to your mate aussie he and you would have the same level of understanding and and comprehension... I am sure you hav e saved that quote up for months waiting for this thread....what a shame the STARK DIFFERENCE IS BEYOND YOU... Angry Angry

maybe you need to come face to face with some who experience DOMESTIC VIOLENCE then you may not be so flippant.... Angry

Been quite a few DV cases of late Cods that have ended in murder ... & not just of the spouse ...

care to enlighten me to the difference in those murders to the murders& torture committed in the name of Islam?

Murder is murder .... both are senseless acts of violence.

Perhaps you'd like to see more variety ...... like immolation, stoning etc?

As for "saving up the quote for months" ..  Grin Grin Grin

you give yourself too much credit. Take the tickets off yourself.

as for coming face to face with someone who has been a DV victim ....

How could you honestly know?

Just stupid assumption.

well ducky may I suggest you start your very own thread on TERRORIST domestic violence....

I am not interested....this thread is about our very OWN domestic violence problems...

you want to change the topic.. to get your own barbs in ..

start another thread and I will see if I can be bothered...

in the mean time you will waste you time clapping on about this....as I am not interested...

and I have come face to face with a victim of D.V..

my granddaughter was in a womens refuge for almost a year...she was attacked with a baseball bat  and when she got in the car with her 12 month old son in the back he smashed the windscreen...with the bat as well..

of course some on here wouldnt call the domestic violence.......thats just him being provoked... Angry Angry

Idiot response.

So you can't see your double standards?

violence here or overseas is no different

violence is violence ..... murder is murder

you're daughters case - terrible as it was is not the point in question

don't go using her to hide behind after accusing me of not seeing/being witness to any victims of DV .....

you wouldn't know.

As for telling me to go start my own thread .... this is a public forum ......

you own nothing!

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #221 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:56pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm:

Quite correct Pansi..

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #222 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:00pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:11am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:44am:
Been quite a few DV cases of late Cods that have ended in murder ... & not just of the spouse ...

care to enlighten me to the difference in those murders to the murders& torture committed in the name of Islam?

in one they kill because of ideology, it's the same as extreme right wing nut jobs like breivik, the KKK or the nazis

domestic violence often results because the perp wants to control the other person or because of misplaced rage

Isn't that what Islamists want to do to the whole planet?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #223 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:14pm

I have digressed ......

so just for those females making the statement that no man should hit a woman .... ever.

It applies to you as well ... not a one way street

in these days of equality don't go hiding behind the weaker sex, feminine defense.......

if you hit a male whether with fist or object

expect to be treated in kind.

Otherwise go back to what our mothers used to say to all of us as children ... both sexes

KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #224 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:14pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:56pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm:

Good one Pansi  Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:21pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46
Send Topic Print