Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32405 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #225 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:14pm:
I have digressed ......

so just for those females making the statement that no man should hit a woman .... ever.

It applies to you as well ... not a one way street

in these days of equality don't go hiding behind the weaker sex, feminine defense.......

if you hit a male whether with fist or object

expect to be treated in kind.

Otherwise go back to what our mothers used to say to all of us as children ... both sexes

KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. 

A man should never hit a woman Gnads- no matter if she hits him first- a real man never hits a woman, and the old excuse she hit me first? CRAP- a man is very much stronger than a woman- he should walk away NEVER hit back. Not ever.  A man who hits a woman is a gutless excuse for a man.

Teach your sons that it is never ok, in any circumstance, to hit a woman. No matter how much you might hate her. Violence begets violence, it solves nothing, it is not the answer.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:39pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #226 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:24pm

cods wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:32pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:12pm:
Women in this country are shouted down for daring to even say there is a problem in this countryby men! When anyone, who has lived in this country and takes notice of what goes on around them, knows there is a huge problem- if you havent been a victim you know someone who is and or a neighbor who is.  there is no getting away from it- its everywhere.

Don't see much shouting down going on..... a hell of a lot of coverage and support and government intervention without result, though.

thats what we are trying to discuss here grap... but it keeps getting taken over with the likes of AVOs..I havent seen where a male was killed by a female with an AVO or DVO out against her....

yet I have seen where females have been killed by males with DVOs out on them...

sorry grap I realise a few males may be cought in a violent relationship.. but they are not the majority  and the words DOMESTIC VIOLENCE do not specify  females....

it just so happen thats the MAJORITY of victims...in both cases children are involved for the most part....

does it really matter which sex it is.. as long as we stop it????

Absolutely right, cods.  Needs to be stopped right now.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #227 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:29pm

cods wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:24pm:
  not at all she met him when she had one of her leaving home moments .. [my home] the other side of the fence was always greener in those days...and he was the brother of the women she got a room with.. so called friend.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes6 ft tall good looking even charming when it wanted to be...he even already had a son [ when he was 18] whos mother had taken off for Wollongong  but she wasnt much better as she allowed him to have the boy when ever dad wanted him...only when granddaughter or his sister was around to look after him of course..... and like most females.. who think they can fix male problem children.. she found out the hardway...she stuck it until the child was about 18 months since then almost no contact only when he wants to be spiteful..the child wouldnt know him if he fell over him..he now 5. he hasnt paid child support all year.. which comes through the court... then he tells her he has been overseas... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. he didnt actually hit her but he would thump the wall next to her head.. and throw things...I dont know anymore if thats domestic violence after reading these pages...seems to me the female has to have a smashed face to prove any of it.. even then did she provoke it??????? Angry

I know what you say here, cods, and again you are correct - it isn't always easy to place everything in the same basket.

I'd say personally that bashing the wall next to someone smaller's head is a sure cause for intervention and a warning.  she's lucky to be away from him.

It's the other end of the spectrum that concerns me - the undeniable fact that people can take out AVOs etc for the wrong reasons as well as the right ones, and I always say that violence, no matter what it's disguise, will never resolve the issues of violence.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:56pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #228 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:50pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:29pm:
cods wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:24pm:
  not at all she met him when she had one of her leaving home moments .. [my home] the other side of the fence was always greener in those days...and he was the brother of the women she got a room with.. so called friend.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes6 ft tall good looking even charming when it wanted to be...he even already had a son [ when he was 18] whos mother had taken off for Wollongong  but she wasnt much better as she allowed him to have the boy when ever dad wanted him...only when granddaughter or his sister was around to look after him of course..... and like most females.. who think they can fix male problem children.. she found out the hardway...she stuck it until the child was about 18 months since then almost no contact only when he wants to be spiteful..the child wouldnt know him if he fell over him..he now 5. he hasnt paid child support all year.. which comes through the court... then he tells her he has been overseas... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. he didnt actually hit her but he would thump the wall next to her head.. and throw things...I dont know anymore if thats domestic violence after reading these pages...seems to me the female has to have a smashed face to prove any of it.. even then did she provoke it??????? Angry

I know what you say here, cods, and again you are correct - it isn't always easy to place everything in the same basket.

I'd say personally that bashing the wall next to someone smaller's head is a sure cause for intervention and a warning.  she's lucky to be away from him.

It's the other end of the spectrum that concerns me - the undeniable fact that people can take out AVOs etc for the wrong reasons as well as the right ones, and I always say that violence will never resolve the issues of violence.

Yes....sneaky women with ulterior motives, I know what you mean Grappler.

There should be more investigation into the issuing of AVO'S, not just simply walk into the police station and get one or walk into the courts and get one.

Hard evidence, police call out dates over a period of time, doctors notes, diaries, pictures of bruises and injuries, tape recordings, witnesses, refuge management accounts......a solid case to really prove abuse.

That information should be easy enough to get when it has been prolonged abuse, but I don't know about a 'first time' case, unless there is signs of physical abuse or maybe independent witnesses, neighbours etc..

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #229 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:54pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:14pm:
I have digressed ......

so just for those females making the statement that no man should hit a woman .... ever.

It applies to you as well ... not a one way street

in these days of equality don't go hiding behind the weaker sex, feminine defense.......

if you hit a male whether with fist or object

expect to be treated in kind.

Otherwise go back to what our mothers used to say to all of us as children ... both sexes

KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. 

A man should never hit a woman Gnads- no matter if she hits him first- a real man never hits a woman, and the old excuse she hit me first? CRAP- a man is very much stronger than a woman- he should walk away NEVER hit back. Not ever.  A man who hits a woman is a gutless excuse for a man.

Teach your sons that it is never ok, in any circumstance, to hit a woman. No matter how much you might hate her. Violence begets violence, it solves nothing, it is not the answer.

Yes, this is a big, and growing problem - women speaking with some inexplicably assumed authority about what makes a "real man". 

Please tell me more about what makes a "real man" and I'll share a few pointers with you about how to be a "real woman". 

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #230 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:57pm

― John Adams

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #231 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:02pm

Nobody should be hitting anyone.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #232 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:18pm

Kytro wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:02pm:

Nobody should be hitting anyone.

Completely agree..

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #233 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:48am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:16am:
Quote Grappler -

Quote:
A better approach, in my view, would be to remove the insulting and stigmatising term 'violence' from applications for AVOs etc.  That is a nonsense when over 95% of call-outs to NSW police over DV in 2011-12 resulted in no charges, and most accusations of 'violence' as put forward for the rubber stamp AVO etc are no such thing, but are themselves inflammatory.  Violence needs to be carefully defined - not just used as a catch-all for every situation, and as a useful re-defined tool to enable government to act where it has no real right.  That is why I advocate a first step as being a careful re-phrasing of this 'legislation' so as to properly define actions.

Totally agree Grap ....

they used to be called "Restraining Orders".

To set maria's mind at rest - I was the friend over many years of the sister of our incumbent **highly placed person** - she is a schizophrenic.  During one of her episodes, brought about by a rather unsavoury relationship with her then boss (well, I never), I did my usual thing and walked away until this settled down, and during that time away - I married someone else.

Meantime, this lady had commenced a  'rape support course' - and lo and behold, upon being advised that she could 'empower herself' by grabbing one of those toilet paper 'AVOs' against someone - sent two coppers to my door with a summons, even though I had had no contact with her for months.

In the 'court' I was treated with utter contempt and was not permitted to even raise evidence of her mental illness - and as a result was handed an AVO, which impacted on my security work and lead to a file raised on police CNI, as my somehow being a 'woman basher'.

The results were and are predictable and are in my auto-bio, which could perhaps have been titled - "Point of Departure".

This is the truth of this current insanity that prevails in all discussion of 'domestic violence' - it is a violent abrogation of rights pure and simple of men, and WILL be stopped.

Now - maria - would you suggest I fight online and on paper and in public or launch a guerrilla war?

Wake up, Australia - your rights to just be yourself and go about your lawful business in peace are being stolen from you at gunpoint.

That is a truly terrible story although there are a lot of facts missing. Nonetheless I am not totally uninformed of miscarriages of justice having many years ago supported a friend who was unjustly accused of a crime likely to have a 4-5 year prison sentence. it took 6 months for the charges to be withdrawn once the evidence was discovered to be... well... non-existent. In the meantime he went thru the contempt of the magistrate, other staff and of course friends and family. Police are largely not the brightest of people in our community. Fortunately, the prosecutors were and dropped the charges.

I get where you are coming from. I just might suggest that you re-inforce your position of innocence by more strongly opposing domestic violence of any kind.

Thanks for sharing.

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #234 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:48pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:01pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:51pm:
There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

I doubt this was the case.

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

You know ~ how parents can behave if their off spring is in danger.

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

You are wrong. With the assumption of custody being that it is shared, seeking to change that without permission from the other partner is simply not legal. It happens for sure, but without evidence of any wrong-doing a court would rule s a minimum for shared custody.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #235 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:03pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:00pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:11am:
Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:44am:
Been quite a few DV cases of late Cods that have ended in murder ... & not just of the spouse ...

care to enlighten me to the difference in those murders to the murders& torture committed in the name of Islam?

in one they kill because of ideology, it's the same as extreme right wing nut jobs like breivik, the KKK or the nazis

domestic violence often results because the perp wants to control the other person or because of misplaced rage

Isn't that what Islamists want to do to the whole planet?

no.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #236 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:06pm

There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

that is part of the problem ... the guy gets frustrated because it is legal for his kids to be taken away.

In my opinion the courts in custody battles are geared to far to the womans rights at expense of the mans.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #237 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:08pm

no matter if she hits him first-

bullshit ... whilst I agree a man should never hit a woman, a woman should also never hit a man ..

once she does, all bets are off. A bloke has just as much right to defend himself against women as anyone else. Women are damn vicious when they want to be.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #238 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:11pm

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #239 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:18pm

mariacostel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:48pm:

You are wrong. With the assumption of custody being that it is shared, seeking to change that without permission from the other partner is simply not legal. It happens for sure, but without evidence of any wrong-doing a court would rule s a minimum for shared custody.

We are discussing domestic violence here.

It is legal for the abused parent to leave with the children. It says so on all the websites giving advice about domestic violence and what to do.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 46
Send Topic Print