Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32395 times)
Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #240 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:21pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:08pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm:
no matter if she hits him first-

bullshit ... whilst I agree a man should never hit a woman, a woman should also never hit a man ..

once she does, all bets are off. A bloke has just as much right to defend himself against women as anyone else. Women are damn vicious when they want to be.

It sounds like a fight or flight situation.

I would run if I was a bloke, it's the sensible thing to do.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #241 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:22pm

bullshit ... whilst I agree a man should never hit a woman, a woman should also never hit a man ..

once she does, all bets are off. A bloke has just as much right to defend himself against women as anyone else. Women are damn vicious when they want to be.

This was always just a joke John. I hope you didnt take it seriously.

You see the problem with what you say is this- answering violence with even more violence ( counter hit ) would be the main reason death of women at the hands of men  occurs..and usually occurs in the presence of children.
Women die at the hands of men and a recent article said  "31 women died at the hands of men in 15 weeks"  2 per week! Men do not die at the hands of women- and those that do are usually murdered in their beds by women, because they are long term victims of domestic violence.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #242 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:49pm

Gnads wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:14pm:
I have digressed ......

so just for those females making the statement that no man should hit a woman .... ever.

It applies to you as well ... not a one way street

in these days of equality don't go hiding behind the weaker sex, feminine defense.......

if you hit a male whether with fist or object

expect to be treated in kind.

Otherwise go back to what our mothers used to say to all of us as children ... both sexes

KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF. 

A man should never hit a woman Gnads- no matter if she hits him first- a real man never hits a woman, and the old excuse she hit me first? CRAP- a man is very much stronger than a woman- he should walk away NEVER hit back. Not ever.  A man who hits a woman is a gutless excuse for a man.

Teach your sons that it is never ok, in any circumstance, to hit a woman. No matter how much you might hate her. Violence begets violence, it solves nothing, it is not the answer.

Exactly .... so women need to keep their hands to themselves as well.

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

Like I said don't go on about the fairer weaker sex bs

I've seen some women who could hold a bull out to p1ss

Don't talk about old fashioned etiquette ..... it's been killed off by feminists ... labelling it sexist.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/opening-the-door-sexist-or-polite/

Break down every male dominated barrier/association ... want to be treated as equals only when it suits.

It's not gutless

You don't want a return of service ....

keep your hands to yourself.

Don't start a physical altercation. It's logical.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #243 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:53pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:18pm:
mariacostel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 4:48pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:01pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:51pm:
There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

I doubt this was the case.

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

You know ~ how parents can behave if their off spring is in danger.

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

You are wrong. With the assumption of custody being that it is shared, seeking to change that without permission from the other partner is simply not legal. It happens for sure, but without evidence of any wrong-doing a court would rule s a minimum for shared custody.

We are discussing domestic violence here.

It is legal for the abused parent to leave with the children. It says so on all the websites giving advice about domestic violence and what to do.

They are being a bit loose with the literal truth. It is certainly good advice to leave if you and/or your kids are abused, but it is not your unassailable legal right to do so without recourse. If challenged, you will be required to justify your decision. After all, it would not be the first time that a woman has falsely claimed abused against herself or a child as a spiteful act.

I am a fan of both safety and due process. Ultimately, you need to have both.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #244 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:05pm

I'd like to make a general observation, and no-one ought take this as indicative of exactly where I stand.

When I was a kid, I learned how to behave by adventure, or misadventure, if you like.  I'd do something, and if the response was positive then I learned that what I did was acceptable.  On the other hand, if the response was negative, I learned that what I did was unacceptable.  I also learned that it is a dumb thing to do to attack someone and not expect there to be a reaction from them.  Isn't that how everyone learns.  You can be told or warned, but it is with the actual experience, either way, that the lesson truly sinks in.

For example, I learned, quite young, it was very dumb to have a swing at my elder brother, because he was better at swinging than I was.

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #245 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:12pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:05pm:
I'd like to make a general observation, and no-one ought take this as indicative of exactly where I stand.

When I was a kid, I learned how to behave by adventure, or misadventure, if you like.  I'd do something, and if the response was positive then I learned that what I did was acceptable.  On the other hand, if the response was negative, I learned that what I did was unacceptable.  I also learned that it is a dumb thing to do to attack someone and not expect there to be a reaction from them.  Isn't that how everyone learns.  You can be told or warned, but it is with the actual experience, either way, that the lesson truly sinks in.

For example, I learned, quite young, it was very dumb to have a swing at my elder brother, because he was better at swinging than I was.

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

The message was obvious and a good one, but I am at a loss as to how it relates to DV. Any relationship that has a detente mentality is essentially toxic and doomed. I do not restrain from hitting my husband because he is bigger and stronger than me. I don't hit him because even when he has been stupid (as men can be at times) because we have never operated that way.

Would you like to explain more?

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #246 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:22pm:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/marriage-relationships-washing_...

You see the problem with what you say is this- answering violence with even more violence ( counter hit ) would be the main reason death of women at the hands of men  occurs..and usually occurs in the presence of children.
Women die at the hands of men and a recent article said  "31 women died at the hands of men in 15 weeks"  2 per week! Men do not die at the hands of women- and those that do are usually murdered in their beds by women, because they are long term victims of domestic violence.

is the cartoon your attempt to destroy whatever credibility your comments may have?

I know very well the number of women that die due to domestic violence. A very good friends sister was murdered just last year by her boyfriend, but that is neither here nor there.

You are just as demented as he was if you think a woman hitting someone doesn't matter. Here's some photos of men abused by women. Then you complain if they hit back?

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #247 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm

mariacostel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:12pm:

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

The message was obvious and a good one, but I am at a loss as to how it relates to DV. Any relationship that has a detente mentality is essentially toxic and doomed. I do not restrain from hitting my husband because he is bigger and stronger than me. I don't hit him because even when he has been stupid (as men can be at times) because we have never operated that way.

If you hit someone, anyone, you can't whinge when they hit back. Rightly or wrong, that's how humans react. Fight or flight. Those instincts are ingrained in us. Telling someone to ignore them is when they are being attacked is telling them to ignore their own DNA.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #248 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/marriage-relationships-washing_...

is the cartoon your attempt to destroy whatever credibility your comments may have?

I know very well the number of women that die due to domestic violence. A very good friends sister was murdered just last year by her boyfriend, but that is neither here nor there.

You are just as demented as he was if you think a woman hitting someone doesn't matter. Here's some photos of men abused by women. Then you complain if they hit back?

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mike-Oakley-abused-man-11.jpg

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Beaten-man-framed.jpg

Self defence is fine, but beyond that violence is mostly not acceptable.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #249 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm

Well, (and again, this is an observation made for discussion purposes ~ not necessarily reflective of where I stand) ~ if a spouse  assaults the other (gender is irrelevant) and the reaction is negative, you'd expect the assailant would learn a lesson, and each would then know where they stand on that method of relating.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #250 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:24pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:21pm:

It sounds like a fight or flight situation.

I would run if I was a bloke, it's the sensible thing to do.

If people (men or women) only ever did the sensible thing this thread would never have been started.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #251 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:25pm

Phemanderac wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:11pm:

thank you for putting those up phem.. Its a shame these very serious topics always seem to get into a slanging match of whos more right .. that isnt the purpose it really isnt.. saying its ok to HIT back because you hav e been hit doesnt do it for me...we are talking about ADULTS people who should know better...of course a women striking a man doesnt work..its wrong and always has been..... but in most cases thats like saying a butterfly is as bad as a bumblebee..

I would like you to read another case of D.V..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/world/an-english-man-has-been-jailed-after...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/west/fresh-charge-for-man-accused-of-...

these are people out of control...it is more than DOMESTIC.. it really is..

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #252 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:26pm

Kytro wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm:

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mike-Oakley-abused-man-11.jpg

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Beaten-man-framed.jpg

Self defence is fine, but beyond that violence is mostly not acceptable.

I agree.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #253 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:31pm

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

OMA!!!!    longy.....are you in a homosexual relationship.....OMA!!!!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #254 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:46pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:31pm:

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

OMA!!!!    longy.....are you in a homosexual relationship.....OMA!!!!!

Ahahahaha I said the same thing in the Cadbury thread!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 46
Send Topic Print