Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32457 times)
mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #255 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:49pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm:
mariacostel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:12pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:05pm:
I'd like to make a general observation, and no-one ought take this as indicative of exactly where I stand.

When I was a kid, I learned how to behave by adventure, or misadventure, if you like.  I'd do something, and if the response was positive then I learned that what I did was acceptable.  On the other hand, if the response was negative, I learned that what I did was unacceptable.  I also learned that it is a dumb thing to do to attack someone and not expect there to be a reaction from them.  Isn't that how everyone learns.  You can be told or warned, but it is with the actual experience, either way, that the lesson truly sinks in.

For example, I learned, quite young, it was very dumb to have a swing at my elder brother, because he was better at swinging than I was.

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

The message was obvious and a good one, but I am at a loss as to how it relates to DV. Any relationship that has a detente mentality is essentially toxic and doomed. I do not restrain from hitting my husband because he is bigger and stronger than me. I don't hit him because even when he has been stupid (as men can be at times) because we have never operated that way.

Would you like to explain more?

If you hit someone, anyone, you can't whinge when they hit back. Rightly or wrong, that's how humans react. Fight or flight. Those instincts are ingrained in us. Telling someone to ignore them is when they are being attacked is telling them to ignore their own DNA.

Fred Flintstone thinking. It would never occur to you to even think of the other options.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #256 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:11pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:22pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:08pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm:
no matter if she hits him first-

bullshit ... whilst I agree a man should never hit a woman, a woman should also never hit a man ..

once she does, all bets are off. A bloke has just as much right to defend himself against women as anyone else. Women are damn vicious when they want to be.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/marriage-relationships-washing_...

This was always just a joke John. I hope you didnt take it seriously.

You see the problem with what you say is this- answering violence with even more violence ( counter hit ) would be the main reason death of women at the hands of men  occurs..and usually occurs in the presence of children.
Women die at the hands of men and a recent article said  "31 women died at the hands of men in 15 weeks"  2 per week! Men do not die at the hands of women- and those that do are usually murdered in their beds by women, because they are long term victims of domestic violence.

is the cartoon your attempt to destroy whatever credibility your comments may have?

I know very well the number of women that die due to domestic violence. A very good friends sister was murdered just last year by her boyfriend, but that is neither here nor there.

You are just as demented as he was if you think a woman hitting someone doesn't matter. Here's some photos of men abused by women. Then you complain if they hit back?

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mike-Oakley-abused-man-11.jpg

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Beaten-man-framed.jpg

That is just scratch John and i bet you had to search to find that one- just normal for women really- I am getting impatient with whinging men trying even make a parralell here- your just trying to take the heat off men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty more and much worse BTW`

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #257 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:27pm

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #258 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:31pm

It is time for some reality:

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #259 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:35pm

More reality- bashed with base ball bat and left for dead - her face described as "mush" THAT is reality

31 women dead at the hands of men in 15 weeks- reality

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2272969/bashed-and-left-for-dead-domestic-viol...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #260 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:37pm

Gulity conscience Aussie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #261 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:39pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:37pm:
Gulity conscience Aussie?

Why on Earth would I have a guilty conscience?  I am not grinding a personal axe here.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #262 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:40pm

you are posting up insulting  sh it why then?

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #263 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:40pm

mariacostel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:49pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm:
mariacostel wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:12pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:05pm:
I'd like to make a general observation, and no-one ought take this as indicative of exactly where I stand.

When I was a kid, I learned how to behave by adventure, or misadventure, if you like.  I'd do something, and if the response was positive then I learned that what I did was acceptable.  On the other hand, if the response was negative, I learned that what I did was unacceptable.  I also learned that it is a dumb thing to do to attack someone and not expect there to be a reaction from them.  Isn't that how everyone learns.  You can be told or warned, but it is with the actual experience, either way, that the lesson truly sinks in.

For example, I learned, quite young, it was very dumb to have a swing at my elder brother, because he was better at swinging than I was.

etc etc etc etc etc.

Do you get the picture?

The message was obvious and a good one, but I am at a loss as to how it relates to DV. Any relationship that has a detente mentality is essentially toxic and doomed. I do not restrain from hitting my husband because he is bigger and stronger than me. I don't hit him because even when he has been stupid (as men can be at times) because we have never operated that way.

Would you like to explain more?

If you hit someone, anyone, you can't whinge when they hit back. Rightly or wrong, that's how humans react. Fight or flight. Those instincts are ingrained in us. Telling someone to ignore them is when they are being attacked is telling them to ignore their own DNA.

Fred Flintstone thinking. It would never occur to you to even think of the other options.

dopey idiot sheltered life thinking, it would never occur to you that different people react differently to you and the best way to ensure you don't get hit back is to not hit in the first place

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #264 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:41pm

this to me is really sad.. this topic is called

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE..

yet its turned into a his and hers whos more at fault..

who cares violence is violence it needs attention far more than it is ever going to get on here..

http://australianmensrights.com/Domestic_Violence_Statistics-Child_Abuse_Austral...

stats are just that stats.. you have to be on the receiving end of DV to fully understand any of it

more and more say what you see is what you become...

females tend to be attracted to men like their fathers...bullies so we can assume men are attracted to women like their bullying mothers...

we need to strike where it is breeding dont you think??.. and it needs to start in the schools.. I kn wo the home is the real place but it wont happen there will it?? the really bad examples of DV never think they are doing anything wrong....so the school should have curriculum where we learn to respect each other.. treat others as we would like to be treated...if we can teach them about SEX surely relationships should run alongside... we have to make a start this is not something we can be proud of....

stop looking for whos to blame... we all are... some sit back and watch it happen and do nothing   I could never allow any of my grandchildren to live in a home with DV... yet people do...

if the adults cannot live together nor live apart they should let someone else have the children...its a crime against them to be forced to live with DV .

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #265 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:43pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:40pm:
you are posting up insulting fookin poo why then?

I'm sorry you regard facts as "insulting fookin poo."  No point burying your head in the sand.  Would you like some more videos?

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #266 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:43pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:11pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:22pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:08pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:18pm:
no matter if she hits him first-

bullshit ... whilst I agree a man should never hit a woman, a woman should also never hit a man ..

once she does, all bets are off. A bloke has just as much right to defend himself against women as anyone else. Women are damn vicious when they want to be.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/marriage-relationships-washing_...

This was always just a joke John. I hope you didnt take it seriously.

You see the problem with what you say is this- answering violence with even more violence ( counter hit ) would be the main reason death of women at the hands of men  occurs..and usually occurs in the presence of children.
Women die at the hands of men and a recent article said  "31 women died at the hands of men in 15 weeks"  2 per week! Men do not die at the hands of women- and those that do are usually murdered in their beds by women, because they are long term victims of domestic violence.

is the cartoon your attempt to destroy whatever credibility your comments may have?

I know very well the number of women that die due to domestic violence. A very good friends sister was murdered just last year by her boyfriend, but that is neither here nor there.

You are just as demented as he was if you think a woman hitting someone doesn't matter. Here's some photos of men abused by women. Then you complain if they hit back?

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mike-Oakley-abused-man-11.jpg

http://ncfm.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Beaten-man-framed.jpg

That is just scratch John and i bet you had to search to find that one- just normal for women really- I am getting impatient with whinging men trying even make a parralell here- your just trying to take the heat off men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6169272.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/PAY-Woman-re...
  There are plenty more and much worse BTW`

of course men do more damage than women when they hit ... you think that somehow proves your point? You hit someone bigger and stronger than you, you'll cop more damage .... it's basic physics

and you're missing the point ...I'm not trying to draw a parallel, but you can't shove your head up your arse and pretend that men won't react if provoked.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #267 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:44pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:17pm:
I read this on a fourm last week by a peice of scum "man". Read it- take it in-! and the poster after him said "yep they deserve it, they dont know their place.'

Quote:
irst up, there is no domestic violence epidemic. Not today, nor 20 years ago.
It is purely a feminist victim culture beat up, to give young blokes the idea that it's normal to bash your spouse because everyone does it, in order to create this imagined epidemic.

I went to a work related play seminar, and one of the images presented (forget caption) had a woman wearing boxing gloves punching a man in the face and smiling.
I mentioned "If that situation was reversed, there would be a public outrage".
Not a single person in the room (full of women), including the other 2 men got the point.

For 20 odd years or more contemporary culture (TV & movies) has been glamorizing the female warrior with the likes of 'Buffy' engaging in violent mortal combat, and the result is women are more violent than ever, while social etiquette regards women hitting men as OK.

If you want to reduce actual domestic violence, fine, do so. And the first place to start is with the behavior of women.

I had a defacto partner punch me in the face and throat while trying to sleep.
Next day was mothers' day and she went to see her parents with a broken nose, 2 black eyes, a fat lip, bruises on her neck and a bald patch on her head.

The next bloke she shacked up with reputedly flogs her on a regular basis, and she wants to marry him.

Oh yeas.  Neferti's good mate and bush buddy, Outlaw Yogi at PA.

THIS is absolute NONSENSE and even VERBAL ABUSE by our pal, arsie, to try to GAIN POINTS to my detriment. Very low, arsie.

I am NOT a "good friend/mate" of Yogi. He posts about his "adventures" in Queensland outback and his dogs and how he killed some snakes, caught some wild pigs and so forth. I (and others) reply.

Get a Life, arsie, and stop picking on people who can't reply in kind. IDJIT!

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #268 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:46pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:35pm:
More reality- bashed with base ball bat and left for dead - her face described as "mush" THAT is reality

31 women dead at the hands of men in 15 weeks- reality

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2272969/bashed-and-left-for-dead-domestic-viol...

you're ignoring one of the underlying problems ... you can't play on the freeway and then complain that 3000 people die a year from car accidents.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #269 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:47pm

Neferti wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:44pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:17pm:
I read this on a fourm last week by a peice of scum "man". Read it- take it in-! and the poster after him said "yep they deserve it, they dont know their place.'

Quote:
irst up, there is no domestic violence epidemic. Not today, nor 20 years ago.
It is purely a feminist victim culture beat up, to give young blokes the idea that it's normal to bash your spouse because everyone does it, in order to create this imagined epidemic.

I went to a work related play seminar, and one of the images presented (forget caption) had a woman wearing boxing gloves punching a man in the face and smiling.
I mentioned "If that situation was reversed, there would be a public outrage".
Not a single person in the room (full of women), including the other 2 men got the point.

For 20 odd years or more contemporary culture (TV & movies) has been glamorizing the female warrior with the likes of 'Buffy' engaging in violent mortal combat, and the result is women are more violent than ever, while social etiquette regards women hitting men as OK.

If you want to reduce actual domestic violence, fine, do so. And the first place to start is with the behavior of women.

I had a defacto partner punch me in the face and throat while trying to sleep.
Next day was mothers' day and she went to see her parents with a broken nose, 2 black eyes, a fat lip, bruises on her neck and a bald patch on her head.

The next bloke she shacked up with reputedly flogs her on a regular basis, and she wants to marry him.

Oh yeas.  Neferti's good mate and bush buddy, Outlaw Yogi at PA.

THIS is absolute NONSENSE and even VERBAL ABUSE by our pal, arsie, to try to GAIN POINTS to my detriment. Very low, arsie.

I am NOT a "good friend/mate" of Yogi. He posts about his "adventures" in Queensland outback and his dogs and how he killed some snakes, caught some wild pigs and so forth. I (and others) reply.

Get a Life, arsie, and stop picking on people who can't reply in kind. IDJIT!

Come on Neferti.  You are all over him whenever he posts, encouraging him always.  How come you said nothing when he posted that?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 46
Send Topic Print