Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32416 times)
Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #270 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:50pm

cods wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:41pm:
stop looking for whos to blame...

you can't stop ..... until you deal with the real causes of D.V. it will always be a problem.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #271 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:51pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:35pm:
More reality- bashed with base ball bat and left for dead - her face described as "mush" THAT is reality

31 women dead at the hands of men in 15 weeks- reality

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2272969/bashed-and-left-for-dead-domestic-viol...

Aussie find me  a video where a man kills his partener just because- find me i challenge you, you want reality dont you?

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #272 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:52pm

I was so repelled when Yogi posted that I was shocked into silence tbh,

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #273 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:53pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:51pm:
More reality- bashed with base ball bat and left for dead - her face described as "mush" THAT is reality

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2272969/bashed-and-left-for-dead-domestic-viol...

Aussie find me  a video where a man kills his partener just because- find me i challenge you, you want reality dont you?

what has that to do with anything? no one is denying that it happens. We know men kill women and the stats are absolutely shocking, but the stats won't change if you don't  look at all the causes

edited - forgot the word 'don't' the first time
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:02pm by Johnsmith »  

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #274 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:55pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:50pm:

you can't stop ..... until you deal with the real causes of D.V. it will always be a problem.

Agree with both comments - its a huge and complex problem

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #275 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:55pm

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #276 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:57pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:53pm:

what has that to do with anything? no one is denying that it happens. We know men kill women and the stats are absolutely shocking, but the stats won't change if you look at all the causes
   So if you acknowledge that women are being killed by men, then why are u posting pics of men with a scratch`? This is serious topic- pp are being killed , female pp.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #277 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:00pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:57pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:53pm:

what has that to do with anything? no one is denying that it happens. We know men kill women and the stats are absolutely shocking, but the stats won't change if you look at all the causes
   So if you acknowledge that women are being killed by men, then why are u posting pics of men with a scratch`? This is serious topic- pp are being killed , female pp.

women will keep getting killed unless you look at ALL the causes.

you can bury your head up your arse and belittle the scratches all you like, it's no skin of my nose, just don't cry when the guy being scratches has enough and hits back.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #278 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:00pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:55pm:

then why are you so determined to not acknowledge one of the causes?

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #279 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:02pm

I doubt such a video exists, so does that mean it never happens?  Of course not.  Come Agnes, your posts are all over the place and even personally abusive.  You just don't see it that way.  You are quite comfortable saying that I am a liar, quite comfortable saying that I am a 'potential abuser,' and quite comfortable suggesting I have a guilty conscience which implicitly suggests I am hiding a domestic violence skeleton.  All entirely wrong, and all abusive.  How about a mirror, Agnes?

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #280 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:05pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:47pm:
Neferti wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:44pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:17pm:
I read this on a fourm last week by a peice of scum "man". Read it- take it in-! and the poster after him said "yep they deserve it, they dont know their place.'

Quote:
irst up, there is no domestic violence epidemic. Not today, nor 20 years ago.
It is purely a feminist victim culture beat up, to give young blokes the idea that it's normal to bash your spouse because everyone does it, in order to create this imagined epidemic.

I went to a work related play seminar, and one of the images presented (forget caption) had a woman wearing boxing gloves punching a man in the face and smiling.
I mentioned "If that situation was reversed, there would be a public outrage".
Not a single person in the room (full of women), including the other 2 men got the point.

For 20 odd years or more contemporary culture (TV & movies) has been glamorizing the female warrior with the likes of 'Buffy' engaging in violent mortal combat, and the result is women are more violent than ever, while social etiquette regards women hitting men as OK.

If you want to reduce actual domestic violence, fine, do so. And the first place to start is with the behavior of women.

I had a defacto partner punch me in the face and throat while trying to sleep.
Next day was mothers' day and she went to see her parents with a broken nose, 2 black eyes, a fat lip, bruises on her neck and a bald patch on her head.

The next bloke she shacked up with reputedly flogs her on a regular basis, and she wants to marry him.

Oh yeas.  Neferti's good mate and bush buddy, Outlaw Yogi at PA.

THIS is absolute NONSENSE and even VERBAL ABUSE by our pal, arsie, to try to GAIN POINTS to my detriment. Very low, arsie.

I am NOT a "good friend/mate" of Yogi. He posts about his "adventures" in Queensland outback and his dogs and how he killed some snakes, caught some wild pigs and so forth. I (and others) reply.

Get a Life, arsie, and stop picking on people who can't reply in kind. IDJIT!

Come on Neferti.  You are all over him whenever he posts, encouraging him always.  How come you said nothing when he posted that?

That is an absolute LIE and you know it. Yogi lives out bush in Queensland and has "pig dogs".  He talks like a Big Time tough bloke (like you do too).  I ask about his dogs every so often .... he posts pictures of the snakes, pigs, dogs and so forth.

His rendition of how he coped with a "girlfriend" was probably him building himself up as a Big Man... as you also do ... with w.o.r.d.s.

What Yogi said is in his own words ... to impress ... nobody responded because we all thought, that he (like you do when on a roll) were talking through the hole in their head and it wasn't worth commenting.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #281 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:08pm

Neferti wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:47pm:
Neferti wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:44pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:17pm:
I read this on a fourm last week by a peice of scum "man". Read it- take it in-! and the poster after him said "yep they deserve it, they dont know their place.'

Quote:
irst up, there is no domestic violence epidemic. Not today, nor 20 years ago.
It is purely a feminist victim culture beat up, to give young blokes the idea that it's normal to bash your spouse because everyone does it, in order to create this imagined epidemic.

I went to a work related play seminar, and one of the images presented (forget caption) had a woman wearing boxing gloves punching a man in the face and smiling.
I mentioned "If that situation was reversed, there would be a public outrage".
Not a single person in the room (full of women), including the other 2 men got the point.

For 20 odd years or more contemporary culture (TV & movies) has been glamorizing the female warrior with the likes of 'Buffy' engaging in violent mortal combat, and the result is women are more violent than ever, while social etiquette regards women hitting men as OK.

If you want to reduce actual domestic violence, fine, do so. And the first place to start is with the behavior of women.

I had a defacto partner punch me in the face and throat while trying to sleep.
Next day was mothers' day and she went to see her parents with a broken nose, 2 black eyes, a fat lip, bruises on her neck and a bald patch on her head.

The next bloke she shacked up with reputedly flogs her on a regular basis, and she wants to marry him.

Oh yeas.  Neferti's good mate and bush buddy, Outlaw Yogi at PA.

THIS is absolute NONSENSE and even VERBAL ABUSE by our pal, arsie, to try to GAIN POINTS to my detriment. Very low, arsie.

I am NOT a "good friend/mate" of Yogi. He posts about his "adventures" in Queensland outback and his dogs and how he killed some snakes, caught some wild pigs and so forth. I (and others) reply.

Get a Life, arsie, and stop picking on people who can't reply in kind. IDJIT!

Come on Neferti.  You are all over him whenever he posts, encouraging him always.  How come you said nothing when he posted that?

That is an absolute LIE and you know it. Yogi lives out bush in Queensland and has "pig dogs".  He talks like a Big Time tough bloke (like you do too).  I ask about his dogs every so often .... he posts pictures of the snakes, pigs, dogs and so forth.

His rendition of how he coped with a "girlfriend" was probably him building himself up as a Big Man... as you also do ... with w.o.r.d.s.

What Yogi said is in his own words ... to impress ... nobody responded because we all thought, that he (like you do when on a roll) were talking through the hole in their head and it wasn't worth commenting.

why do you even bother with the little DICKtator? he makes those comments so that you react, and you're reacting.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #282 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:14pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:50pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 3:29pm:
cods wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:24pm:
  not at all she met him when she had one of her leaving home moments .. [my home] the other side of the fence was always greener in those days...and he was the brother of the women she got a room with.. so called friend.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes6 ft tall good looking even charming when it wanted to be...he even already had a son [ when he was 18] whos mother had taken off for Wollongong  but she wasnt much better as she allowed him to have the boy when ever dad wanted him...only when granddaughter or his sister was around to look after him of course..... and like most females.. who think they can fix male problem children.. she found out the hardway...she stuck it until the child was about 18 months since then almost no contact only when he wants to be spiteful..the child wouldnt know him if he fell over him..he now 5. he hasnt paid child support all year.. which comes through the court... then he tells her he has been overseas... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. he didnt actually hit her but he would thump the wall next to her head.. and throw things...I dont know anymore if thats domestic violence after reading these pages...seems to me the female has to have a smashed face to prove any of it.. even then did she provoke it??????? Angry

I know what you say here, cods, and again you are correct - it isn't always easy to place everything in the same basket.

I'd say personally that bashing the wall next to someone smaller's head is a sure cause for intervention and a warning.  she's lucky to be away from him.

It's the other end of the spectrum that concerns me - the undeniable fact that people can take out AVOs etc for the wrong reasons as well as the right ones, and I always say that violence will never resolve the issues of violence.

Yes....sneaky women with ulterior motives, I know what you mean Grappler.

There should be more investigation into the issuing of AVO'S, not just simply walk into the police station and get one or walk into the courts and get one.

Hard evidence, police call out dates over a period of time, doctors notes, diaries, pictures of bruises and injuries, tape recordings, witnesses, refuge management accounts......a solid case to really prove abuse.

That information should be easy enough to get when it has been prolonged abuse, but I don't know about a 'first time' case, unless there is signs of physical abuse or maybe independent witnesses, neighbours etc..

Not sure if you're being sarcastic there, Pansi, since you are on beam and off beam all in one.

Do you have any idea how many call-outs to police are the result of a woman throwing a tizz? 

Advice to men - same as advice to women about nasty types and 'bad boys' etc - is to avoid 'bad girls' entirely.

My niece - at 29 and a lesbian - has hooked up with a (wait for it) fifteen year old pregnant girl, who has been raped and has already been pregnant three times.... while my niece had money from tax return and good income (she works) the girl stuck around, then magically disappeared to be seen on the arm of a bloke - then when my niece moved out of Mum's home and got her own home - the girl magically re-appeared.

Now - the first response from old Uncle was "I see no good  coming of this!".

This is a 'bad girl' thing - it may not be her fault and is perhaps more the fault of her environment - but she is and will remain a 'bad girl'.

I can almost see every step of her life from here one - and I wish my niece had not been so foolish as to get involved.

But you can't stop 'em.

This one, from a desperate background, will become one of those who will, in the most horrible Ocker accent, 'stand up for herself' in anything she disagrees with, by saying - "Oi'll git tha police onter you!" - and will do so over anything where she feels threatened, whether it is real or not, but is only a part of her environment...... and someone will pay for it - over and over again.

THIS has to be stopped as well.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #283 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:16pm

Quote:

Oh....I could post links to it all, but there really is no point.  The quality and relevance of your posts is apparent without needless further material.

Quote:

Oh....what did you do?  Multiple phone hook up?

Bottom line is that what he posted was an example of the very thing under discussion here, and whether you (or anyone) thought he was bullshitting, not one of you had the guts to take him on....as I always did when he boasted of his violent activity.  Do you not recall me mocking him as Rambo etc?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #284 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:19pm

In your eyes - what are these?

I'd suggest poverty, hopelessness, terrible environment morally, socially, and ethically, often abuse in the childhood, and bad television (not The Bachelorette, but the stupid gangsta crap).

Look at the 'high profile politician' from Auburn - Scarface is his icon.... dim wit....

I come from THE abusive background - those who know me know me as the most gentle man you could ever meet - but scratch me and I will cause you grievous bodily harm, and I know how (but choose not to), since I am trained as well.

Nature v nurture is a very complex issue.... and sometimes I think the nurture is the real problem.

How do we fix that?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46
Send Topic Print