Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32469 times)
Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #285 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:29pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:19pm:
In your eyes - what are these?

There are many causes. Women provoking until men retaliate is just one

the other three main causes that come to mind right now is the authorities tendency to favour women in any dispute, mental illness and drugs & alcohol ... there are many other causes
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:35pm by Johnsmith »  

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #286 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:34pm

flip

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #287 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:35pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:34pm:
flip

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #288 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:45pm

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #289 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:46pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:06pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:01pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:51pm:
There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

I doubt this was the case.

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

You know ~ how parents can behave if their off spring is in danger.

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

that is part of the problem ... the guy gets frustrated because it is legal for his kids to be taken away.

In my opinion the courts in custody battles are geared to far to the womans rights at expense of the mans.

That is an act of violence in itself - why then complain when it generates a response?

The hurt alone of the 'abandoned father' is excruciating - I know, and when you add to that the devastation of the life he has struggled to build - why would you consider that a response is in any way abnormal, especially that over 85% of relationships are broken up by the woman involved, and primarily for not valid reason other than 'she doesn't feel validated any more' as a wife and mother.

All this that I state is the outcome of studies into divorce/breakup of marital relationships/families...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #290 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:53pm

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:45pm:
It always starts in the home grappler- if kids see violence demonstrated to them or are spoilt to rotten they take that as a cue 1- if you see it you will copy it -

2 If you are spoiled to death you think you are exempt  from normal rules in life where you are taught respect and boundaries-and do as you please.

Teaching about bullying in schools and at home is vital as cods said- because kids from abusive homes will never be taught right from wrong.

I have an abusive background and Im sure many of you got that by now- I know the why and the wherefores- as a mother myself I chose to raise my kids alone for this very reason- my father was violent and our house was always chaotic- I left home quite early and really never went back even though as a very young woman I was worried sick about my mother, that she would die one day (she suffered some horrific injuries). I have beaten my 6ft 4 father with peices of wood because he was trying to break my mothers arm from her socket, he was so enraged he didnt know what he was doing-then I turned and ran. I called the police, they never came.

My father was not a bad man but as a child he looked pretty bad. Now I realisie he was also a victim of abuse as a child. And it left him with deep hurt- I never realised this until years later , I feel so bad for my dad now, but its too late to make it right, he died. So did my mother. I went on to partener with abusive men, because when you come from a violent home you kind of normalise it and yo dont see a potentially violent man as the enemy, he is really only like your father isnt he..? this kind of man is the only an you know- that is why woen go into abusive relationships-  if you come from a healthy home you would never end up with an abusive man.

The father of my children was also abusive and it went on for a while- but at an early age and especially when my son was born I realised if I dont leave the cycle of violence would continue- and I have raised my kids alone , they are out of home now and I am so proud of them..I have a loving and non violent partner now and even nowit seems to good to be true- I keep thinking he will turn one day, but so far he hasnt and I am only just believeing that at last I have found someone who isnt abusive and will never raise a hand to me..

good on you for getting yourself and your kids out of a bad situation. No woman should have to put up with it.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #291 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:58pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:46pm:
hat is an act of violence in itself - why then complain when it generates a response?

I agree ...

just as an example of how dumb our laws are, a man can not ask for a paternity test on his children without the mothers permission .... how farked up is that ? the excuse is its to protect the child but that's a load of bullshit ... how would a baby even know? I saw a doco once where the day after a guys youngest child (1 of 3) turned of an age where he stopped paying child support, his ex partner rang him to tell him that none of the 3 kids were his.

Now I'm not a violent man but in that case I probably would have killed her myself.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #292 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:06pm

Quote:
That is an act of violence in itself - why then complain when it generates a response?

A Court decision is an act of violence?

Quote:
The hurt alone of the 'abandoned father' is excruciating - I know, and when you add to that the devastation of the life he has struggled to build - why would you consider that a response is in any way abnormal, especially that over 85% of relationships are broken up by the woman involved, and primarily for not valid reason other than 'she doesn't feel validated any more' as a wife and mother.

Got something objective to back that up?

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #293 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:06pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:58pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:46pm:
hat is an act of violence in itself - why then complain when it generates a response?

I agree ...

just as an example of how dumb our laws are, a man can not ask for a paternity test on his children without the mothers permission .... how farked up is that ? the excuse is its to protect the child but that's a load of bullshit ... how would a baby even know? I saw a doco once where the day after a guys youngest child (1 of 3) turned of an age where he stopped paying child support, his ex partner rang him to tell him that none of the 3 kids were his.

Now I'm not a violent man but in that case I probably would have killed her myself.

A decent man however would have accepted his role in caring and supporting for HIS kids regardless of paternity. Do you think that paternity makes you a father?  Paternity is nothing more than sperm donation. Fathering is something very, very different.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #294 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:10pm

how are they his kids? She had multiple affairs whilst married to him.

It should have been his choice whether he wanted to keep supporting them or not.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #295 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:11pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:06pm:

yes

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #296 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:17pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:11pm:

yes

I'll bet there is no Dictionary on the Planet which would describe it so.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #297 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:35pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:17pm:

yes

dictionary? I thought we were discussing people opinions, not dictionaries ... if you want dictionary definitions, try a different address in your browser window.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #298 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:39pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:35pm:

yes

dictionary? I thought we were discussing people opinions, not dictionaries ... if you want dictionary definitions, try a different address in your browser window.

Well, if that is the case......I'd like anyone to explain to me how a Court decision could possibly be an act of violence...............in, of course, their opinion.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #299 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:48pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:39pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:35pm:

yes

Well, if that is the case......I'd like anyone to explain to me how a Court decision could possibly be an act of violence...............in, of course, their opinion.

can you imagine what it's like to be told you can't see your kids Aussie? I've been kicked in the face, punched and thrown during my time, but I'd gladly take all that rather than be told I can't see my kids.

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 46
Send Topic Print