Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32464 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #300 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:57pm

Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:39pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:35pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:17pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:06pm:
A Court decision is an act of violence?

yes

I'll bet there is no Dictionary on the Planet which would describe it so.

dictionary? I thought we were discussing people opinions, not dictionaries ... if you want dictionary definitions, try a different address in your browser window.

Well, if that is the case......I'd like anyone to explain to me how a Court decision could possibly be an act of violence...............in, of course, their opinion.

can you imagine what it's like to be told you can't see your kids Aussie? I've been kicked in the face, punched and thrown during my time, but I'd gladly take all that rather than be told I can't see my kids.

If you were ever told by a Court you cannot ever see your kids, you'd have to be the biggest arsehole on the Planet.  Unless you were, it would never happen at the decision of a Court.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #301 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:02pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 9:57pm:
If you were ever told by a Court you cannot ever see your kids, you'd have to be the biggest arsehole on the Planet.  Unless you were, it would never happen at the decision of a Court.

knew a bloke who was not allowed to see his wife or 3 kids for 9 months because his 12yr old daughter told his teacher that he smacked her after she told him to bugger off (a slap on the bottom)  ... judge threw the case out as a waste of time, but for those 9 months, he was still prohibited from seeing his kids.

the same dumb teacher 6 months later complained to him that he had to discipline his daughter because she was deliberately unruly in class ..

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #302 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:16pm

John I could not imagine what it might have been like to be told I would never be in my kids life- and thank fully it never happened to me, and I hope it never happens to you- the one one injustice that law courts infict on good fathers, is to be kept from his kids.

I hope my son marries the right woman, because it would break my heart to see this happen to him.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #303 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:38pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 6:23pm:
Well, (and again, this is an observation made for discussion purposes ~ not necessarily reflective of where I stand) ~ if a spouse  assaults the other (gender is irrelevant) and the reaction is negative, you'd expect the assailant would learn a lesson, and each would then know where they stand on that method of relating.

Unlikely. People already being violent tend to escalate rather than back down.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #304 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 11:44pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 8:46pm:
Johnsmith wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 5:06pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 2:42pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 1:01pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 12:51pm:
There is absolutely no reason why someone should smash the window of a car with a woman and child inside, except if they were accidentally locked in and needed rescuing or a medical emergency.

I doubt this was the case.

....or by way of just another mere example of a possible relevant circumstance ~ she was attempting to kidnap his children.

You know ~ how parents can behave if their off spring is in danger.

I'm pretty sure it's legal for one parent to leave the other and take the kids. The children's court will sort out custody matters at a later date, not a baseball bat on the day.

that is part of the problem ... the guy gets frustrated because it is legal for his kids to be taken away.

In my opinion the courts in custody battles are geared to far to the womans rights at expense of the mans.

That is an act of violence in itself - why then complain when it generates a response?

The hurt alone of the 'abandoned father' is excruciating - I know, and when you add to that the devastation of the life he has struggled to build - why would you consider that a response is in any way abnormal, especially that over 85% of relationships are broken up by the woman involved, and primarily for not valid reason other than 'she doesn't feel validated any more' as a wife and mother.

All this that I state is the outcome of studies into divorce/breakup of marital relationships/families...

I do believe the courts have changed quite a bit  grap..the reason women usually get the main custody...the ones I know of... have 50 50 custody...in my granddaughters case with her eldest boy the father has shown no interest until he is forced to pay child support..the mother doesnt force it anymore  the court either gets it out of him  or it doesnt.....

it is really up to the adults how it plays out.. soem women are bitter no doubt about that...

but bitter and spiteful is not what I call DV..they are two separate things...

yes parents ev en when they go their separate ways make life hell for each other and use the kids...  what anyone can do about that I will never know...

I am sorry as I dont have a clue where you get your stats from that 85% of marriages break up due to the women????   how has someone worked this out I wonder???...

like it or not grap not everyone will tell the truth about their own behavior when it comes to broken relationships......if you have had a bitter experience thats sad.. but I am one of these people who believes it takes two to tango...

even ion a deadset violent relationship man against the women she has to accept some of the responsibility for sticking around....same if its the other way around...dont talk to me about "love' please..once that shine wears off and you are left with violence and or
abuse...love makes a quick exit...and fear takes over...

like I said if we all accepted our part in any conflict I am sure things would work out better especially for the kids involved....as it is we are greedy and narcissistic and as selfish as hell...I never went through a broken relationship so have no idea how tough it can be...but I still say it takes two to tango...and the old pay back never works in the long run...

I think the laws and the courts are changing...and so they should..but even you have to agree it isnt easy to tell who is the baddy and whos the goody whos lying and so forth....

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #305 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 7:32am

Agnes wrote on Oct 2nd, 2015 at 10:16pm:
John I could not imagine what it might have been like to be told I would never be in my kids life- and thank fully it never happened to me, and I hope it never happens to you- the one one injustice that law courts infict on good fathers, is to be kept from his kids.

I hope my son marries the right woman, because it would break my heart to see this happen to him.

You and I both ... I'm pretty sure I'll be alright, my wife is one of the good ones. I know quite a few men who weren't so lucky. As for your sons, well I have two boys as well .... one can only cross their fingers

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #306 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 7:44am

teach your children to respect each other.. even brother to brother its all about respect...

if people tried to live with their partner instead of expecting their partner to live with them...then maybe there would be fewer fathers fighting to see their kids...

it seems to me its all about the adults.. what about the kids that see their security going from under their feet...some kids even think they are to blame for the conflict.. adults should be made accountable for what they bring kids into  how often so you hear of a case where they have 4 even 5 kids  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... yet the relationships been falling apart since day one.

its disgusting in this day of PLENTY too much if you ask me.. and yet this is getting worse...

it makes me wonder if adults will ever be satisfied with what they have or accept what they dont have with good humor.... Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #307 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:55am

yes

dictionary? I thought we were discussing people opinions, not dictionaries ... if you want dictionary definitions, try a different address in your browser window.

Well, if that is the case......I'd like anyone to explain to me how a Court decision could possibly be an act of violence...............in, of course, their opinion.

You may have noticed that john smith has a really quite unpleasant attitude to pretty much everybody and by the sounds of it, in real life as well.

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #308 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:57am

cods wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 7:44am:
teach your children to respect each other.. even brother to brother its all about respect...

if people tried to live with their partner instead of expecting their partner to live with them...then maybe there would be fewer fathers fighting to see their kids...

it seems to me its all about the adults.. what about the kids that see their security going from under their feet...some kids even think they are to blame for the conflict.. adults should be made accountable for what they bring kids into  how often so you hear of a case where they have 4 even 5 kids  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes... yet the relationships been falling apart since day one.

its disgusting in this day of PLENTY too much if you ask me.. and yet this is getting worse...

it makes me wonder if adults will ever be satisfied with what they have or accept what they dont have with good humor.... Angry Angry Angry Angry

You talking about respect... oh the irony.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #309 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:59am

mariacostel wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:55am:
You may have noticed that john smith has a really quite unpleasant attitude to pretty much everybody and by the sounds of it, in real life as well.

Don't you like john, maria?

Your wife doesn't either.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #310 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 9:15am

yes

ohh , Maria doesn't like me ... I'm shattered.

Just because I always make you look like a fool that doesn't mean I'm not a nice bloke  Grin Grin Grin

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #311 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:48am

mariacostel wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:57am:
You talking about respect... oh the irony

DO I CALL YOU ALL THE UGLY NAMES YOU CALL ME... NOW THATS WHAT I CALL IRONY.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #312 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:49am

yes

a bad case of POT CALLING KETTLE me thinks.. Angry

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #313 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:53am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:59am:

Don't you like john, maria?

Your wife doesn't either.

dont you love those who can see everybody elses faults but never their own...have you noticed its most a male problem....hilarious...maybe male men-opause. thank god for the cwa pansi.....  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #314 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:59am

cods wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 10:48am:
mariacostel wrote on Oct 3rd, 2015 at 8:57am:
You talking about respect... oh the irony

DO I CALL YOU ALL THE UGLY NAMES YOU CALL ME... NOW THATS WHAT I CALL IRONY.. Angry Angry

Wow... the hypocrisy is astonishing. You called me a paedo-supporter all for simply explaining a basic legal principle that clearly escapes you. You are a bitter, stupid and offensive old woman.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46
Send Topic Print