Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 
Send Topic Print
••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ••• (Read 32256 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: ••• DOMESTIC VIOLENCE •••
Reply #660 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 10:01am

.. the following non-sexist entertainment brought to you by Grappler Enterprises Inc during our program break... please be patient with us while we wake up page turner who will return you to our regular programs.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #661 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 7:41am

grap you obviously have almost no respect for women...

the videos you constantly put up are all usually vile and aimed at one thing I can only presume you have quite a collection....and like I say not a whole lot of respect.. and any wonder..

so you can keep crying about men being victims of domestic violence...and being murdered because they say they are leaving the unhappy homestead...at least 14 women have been murdered in NSW alone this YEAR..they havent released how many men have been murdered this year... I am sure its a lot worse....

but keep posting your bad taste videos up on a DOMESTIC VIOLENCE thread and I am sure you will win lots of support for you male victims club.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #662 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 8:08am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 5:00pm:
I think we are getting away from my point - that continuing the current approach of vilifying and blaming men exclusively has not worked and never will, and is itself the cause of the escalation in violence between men and women and within families.

I took the ex - for whom I am carer - to a dental appointment at a community health centre today - while she was getting re-fanged, I glanced over the DV literature.

Not one addressed the issues in any even-handed manner and all are addicted to the same old 'men v women' concept that has caused and is causing so terribly much strife.

One classic was a pamphlet asking men if their behaviour was causing problems and offering them 'assistance' for 'their' problems- there was nothing similar directed at women....

NOBODY asks women if THEIR behaviour is causing problems, and NOBODY directs women to assistance with THEIR problems.

Men are to blame for everything it seems, and denial will not change that reality.

While ever this continues there will be no clear way ahead.

Grap.

Just be careful.

Some men do try and excuse their violence by blaming their victim.

Now regarding fault...the "it was really her fault, she made me do it" excuse has been around since Adam was around.

In Genesis 3 : 12 of the Holy Bible we read :

Adam said to God,

“The woman YOU gave to be with me, SHE gave me from the tree, and I ate of it."

Can you see how it's everyone else's fault, but his own.

Many Adams of today are still like this unfortunately  Cry

NB To be fair, his wife Eve was a b1tch IMO. She has a lot to answer for.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #663 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 8:09am

Aussie wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 5:37pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 5:00pm:
I think we are getting away from my point - that continuing the current approach of vilifying and blaming men exclusively has not worked and never will, and is itself the cause of the escalation in violence between men and women and within families.

I took the ex - for whom I am carer - to a dental appointment at a community health centre today - while she was getting re-fanged, I glanced over the DV literature.

Not one addressed the issues in any even-handed manner and all are addicted to the same old 'men v women' concept that has caused and is causing so terribly much strife.

One classic was a pamphlet asking men if their behaviour was causing problems and offering them 'assistance' for 'their' problems- there was nothing similar directed at women....

NOBODY asks women if THEIR behaviour is causing problems, and NOBODY directs women to assistance with THEIR problems.

Men are to blame for everything it seems, and denial will not change that reality.

While ever this continues there will be no clear way ahead.

Spot on the money.  Enter any Police Station vestibule and you will see exactly the same biased crap.

Rubbish!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #664 - Oct 15th, 2015 at 8:12am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 6:52pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 12th, 2015 at 9:59pm:
Phemanderac wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 9:53pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 8:50pm:
Specific behaviours need to be stated, along with a reason why said behaviours are wrong.

ANY behaviour where one person exerts control over another person by use of threat, intimidation, coercion, isolation, withholding, direct force or violence would be an example of abuse of power...

If you really need a why to that, no one has the right to force another person to do their bidding... Seems pretty wrong to most people.

Getting better, but it's still abstract without concrete examples.

How about:-  "I'll get the cops on you if you don't do the washing up and give me the credit card, I'll take the kids, have you thrown out of the house, and have you black-listed for any decent job!"

Get the cops on a bloke for not washing up??????

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Why didn't you bring the phone to her and say....please do that.

The cops would have :

1. Laughed their head off

2. Come on over

3. Taken her to the nearest psych ward

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #665 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 5:56pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 1:46pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 4th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
Aussie wrote on Oct 4th, 2015 at 5:49pm:
Quote:
who keeps taking it off topic.. you... its all about you and the fantasy world you live in.....you know sweet fanny adams about womens refuges...in fact they are not really called that anymore...its womens crisis accommodation....

Ya see, cods, this is where you come apart.  Apart from basic stuff, you know nothing about me, including that
I was very personally responsible for starting, setting up, and seeing into ongoing existence several Womens' Refuges.

Quote:
you seem more hell bent on telling everyone what power you have especially over female cab drivers..and what you claim you know..as fact

I have not made a single comment about female 'cab drivers.'  What's up, cods?

Quote:
then..... HOUSTON we have a problem.. we need to talk about this problem.. not taxi drivers.

Indeed there is a problem, and there is nothing whatsoever new about it, and if you really want to help deal with the problem, can I suggest you cease posting stuff which attracts a need to self defend?

Do not believe anything this delusional online perpetrator states online.

You have been warned.

Re Aussie, he is, as you can see, very unwell.

Everyone who has read through this topic from day 1 can see Aussie's very agitated trolling of this topic, after closing down a similar topic in The Tavern for the same reason.

You will also see recurring attempts by Aussie in victim blaming, minimizing, trivializing and marginalizing DV issues.

Now...after 35 pages, Aussie has suddenly remembered he has set up and managed many refuges.Really guys..... Roll Eyes

The awkward reality however is this : He is a perpetrator, a failure, a liar and ....a cab driver.

And as such, he needs help. Lots of it.

Probably best to ignore, report, post over.

That way, we can all get on with the topic.

You know.....if Aussie is in any way STILL involved with some type of refuge in Qld....Lord help those vulnerable clients who are exposed to this online stalker.

They ought to be warned.

Up for Cods!

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #666 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 6:20pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 15th, 2015 at 8:12am:
Specific behaviours need to be stated, along with a reason why said behaviours are wrong.

ANY behaviour where one person exerts control over another person by use of threat, intimidation, coercion, isolation, withholding, direct force or violence would be an example of abuse of power...

If you really need a why to that, no one has the right to force another person to do their bidding... Seems pretty wrong to most people.

How about:-  "I'll get the cops on you if you don't do the washing up and give me the credit card, I'll take the kids, have you thrown out of the house, and have you black-listed for any decent job!"

Grin Grin Grin Grin

The cops would have :

2. Come on over

I think the idea is that she lies to the police...

You know instead of saying "he didn't do the washing up" she could say "he bashed me" or "he molested the kids".

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #667 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 6:24pm

... wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 6:20pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

The cops would have :

2. Come on over

You know instead of saying "he didn't do the washing up" she could say "he bashed me" or "he molested the kids".

That's always a good one. No evidence required, no evidence necessary and no proof to the contrary possible.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #668 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 7:02pm

mariacostel wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 6:24pm:
... wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 6:20pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

The cops would have :

2. Come on over

That's always a good one. No evidence required, no evidence necessary and no proof to the contrary possible.

.. and the same the other way.... when you allow such legislation to destroy the rule of Law, you bring the entire body of the Law into disrepute.  Law should never properly be used as an extension of war, social, civil or otherwise, by other means.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #669 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 11:14pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1854883/

"Differences in Frequency of Violence and Reported Injury Between Relationships With Reciprocal and Nonreciprocal Intimate Partner Violence

........ Results. Almost 24% of all relationships had some violence, and half (49.7%) of those were reciprocally violent. In nonreciprocally violent relationships, women were the perpetrators in more than 70% of the cases."

For those who will inevitably seek to discredit this finding due to its date (2007) - do you really posit that the level of violence by women has fallen in the last eight years?  The charges laid against women for acts of violence speak otherwise.  Often these are woman v woman things, and often against children... but the reality is that violence by women is on the increase.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246802/Record-number-women-arrested-vio...

shoot the messenger if you wish - it IS the Daily Mail - but the figures remain the same...

"Where a women is arrested she is now more likely than a man to be a suspect in cases of wounding or other assaults.

Some 88,139 women were arrested for violence over 12 months - nearly 250 every day. That is an increase of nearly 1,000 on a year earlier.

The number of men arrested for violence fell by 10,000."

I'm trying to bring this entire issue into perspective and address, as Rose Batty tried to do, the issues of FAMILY and relationship violence - which most emphatically, on the data available, is not valid when based only on the 'male v female' paradigm.

If ever there is to be a resolution to this issue - or as much as possible - a continuation of violence against men as a pre-emptive measure will NOT work, and - once again - will only serve to make things worse.

You cannot beat people up and expect them to be non-violent.
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2015 at 11:58pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #670 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 6:31am

DV is not just some vacuous he said v she said issue.

As to what happens to children when DV comes to town, both Women and Men end up under the microscope...

It seem fairly evident here that not many (if any at all) have even the smallest grasp on how "child protection" works (at least in NSW). Not that it works well all of the time, however, what is actually quite telling is that as a society we need a child protection authority.

Kids exposed to any form of relationships violence, whose safety has been compromised are the responsibility of both parents - failure to protect children from risk of harm means that both parents behaviours are closely looked at.

I realise of course that once emotions are running high, it seems that some adults are unable to think beyond their own egos. That is also not gender specific.

Yep, the system is flawed, however, if individuals demonstrated a capacity to make better decisions the system would not actually be all that necessary.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #671 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 6:47am

Phemanderac wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 at 6:31am:

As to what happens to children when DV comes to town, both Women and Men end up under the microscope...

It seem fairly evident here that not many (if any at all) have even the smallest grasp on how "child protection" works (at least in NSW). Not that it works well all of the time, however, what is actually quite telling is that as a society we need a child protection authority.

Kids exposed to any form of relationships violence, whose safety has been compromised are the responsibility of both parents - failure to protect children from risk of harm means that both parents behaviours are closely looked at.

I realise of course that once emotions are running high, it seems that some adults are unable to think beyond their own egos. That is also not gender specific.

Yep, the system is flawed, however, if individuals demonstrated a capacity to make better decisions the system would not actually be all that necessary.

this is at the heart of it and modern society and modern government make this "living inside your own ego much worse"

the political system is all about "me,me,me'
hockey was right to point out the age of entitlement.
one can see the whining and selfish demands of the leaners on this forum.
they cannot see beyond their own pain.
they are totally trapped in their heads.

the chode mentality of seeking stimulation and seeking validation as a source of happiness.
the endless pokies stimulation, the gaming stimulation, the facebook stimulation has seen most people living totally in the egoic paradym.

if we asked most people to sit down in a chair in an empty room with no phone or tv for 3 hours they would burst into tears after 15 minutes.

such is their level of low consciousness.

this is becoming even worse for the toddlers of today.
they are fed a totally egoic paradym. they are to be put on a pedestal, fussed over, they are to be given ribbons for coming last, they are not allowed to form queues at day care, for fear the ones at the back will lose ego status, they are playing with phones and apps at 2 when they should be climbing trees and eating dirt.

2 things and 2 things only can break people out of this selfishness and from a 'take' mentality to a 'contribution' mentality.

1  self help which gets rid of negative neurosis and encourages people to really try to improve and gain a sense of contribution

2 the various religious ideologies which ALL have a basic theme of it is better to give then to recieve.

The secular leftard intellectuals have nothing but misery to inflict on an increasingly self centred and directionless chode bunch of mediocre scrubs.
they have no larger vision. they have no expectations on people to live life to the full. its all about "me, me, me'  , victimhood, jealousy , hatred of success and domestic violence and lashing out is the consequence of such poorly disciplined and low consciousness thinking.

the leftard intellectuals have reduced man from the mentality that bulit the great cathederals and took great pride in their reverence to a society that is living at a level of consciousness barely above that of an animal

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #672 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 10:11am

Phemanderac wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 at 6:31am:

the trouble is phem..

kids are usually unaware they are being abused...my unhappy childhood didnt become obvious until I started work...

kids rely on adults to point out what they are experiencing is all wrong...  Angry

thats why I say the family that is around and I believe most have extended families. they  also need to step up. and be accountable...parents hide things they are good at that...but I cannot believe any grandparent aunt or uncle could miss any of the injuries these children always seem to have.....after the autopsy of course. Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #673 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 8:41pm

http://in-films.com/in-news/

"Hitting Home" - screening Mon 24th and 25th November ABC1

"SARAH FERGUSON ON THE FRONTLINE OF OUR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CRISIS

HITTING HOME AIRS 24 & 25 NOVEMBER AT 8.30PM ON ABC, A SPECIAL EDITION OF Q&A WILL FOLLOW EPISODE 2
Thursday, October 29, 2015 — ABC TV is proud to announce Hitting Home – Sarah Ferguson’s unflinching two-part documentary series – will air Tuesday 24 and Wednesday 25 November at 8.30pm on ABC."
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2015 at 8:52pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #674 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 8:42pm

Agnes wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 8:41pm:

Looks good Agnes. Thanks for the heads up.  Smiley

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 
Send Topic Print