Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Gandalf...got another question for you. (Read 10442 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Gandalf...got another question for you.
Oct 13th, 2015 at 6:32am

I've tried asking you this in a few other topics on your forum...but it hasn't been answered.

Who, in your opinion, is behind the radicalization process of our youth here in Oz?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Gandalf...got another question for you.
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 1:51pm

Hi Lisa, thanks for the question and sorry I didn't respond before.

By 'radicalization ... of our youth', I will assume you are talking about muslims, and not say white kids joining neo-nazis or bikie gangs or triad gangs etc - who then go and murder and rape and trade in drugs to destroy other people's lives. Just so we're clear that young muslims are not the only youth in society that are choosing a path that leads to murder and suffering.

So of this tiny subset of disaffected youth who decide its appropriate to cause suffering in society, ie muslim radicals...

from my understanding, its orchestrated from overseas in places like Syria and Iraq. They firstly pick some useful idiots in Australia to "spread the word" as it were amongst potential recruits. Importantly, it seems its not the case that these "vulnerable" youths are being targeted and "groomed" like pedophile rings groom children (as is commonly portrayed), its very much a case of these youths actively seeking extremist groups from the get-go. They are not innocent victims in this, they know what they are doing.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:27pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 1:51pm:

By 'radicalization ... of our youth', I will assume you are talking about muslims, and not say white kids joining neo-nazis or bikie gangs or triad gangs etc - who then go and murder and rape and trade in drugs to destroy other people's lives. Just so we're clear that

young muslims are not the only youth in society that are choosing a path that leads to murder and suffering.

So of this tiny subset of disaffected youth who decide its appropriate to cause suffering in society, ie muslim radicals...

from my understanding, its orchestrated from overseas in places like Syria and Iraq.

They firstly pick some useful idiots in Australia to "spread the word" as it were amongst potential recruits.

Importantly, it seems its not the case that these "vulnerable" youths are being targeted and "groomed" like pedophile rings groom children (as is commonly portrayed), its very much a case of these youths actively seeking extremist groups from the get-go.

They are not innocent victims in this, they know what they are doing.

So, young [and not so young] moslems who become 'radicalised', have been led astray, away from the proper path of their faith, by persons of bad influence [whom they have come into contact with] ?

And you would argue that the 'radicalisation' of young moslems [as far as you are concerned], has got nothing at all to do with young [and not so young] moslems being influenced by the ideas of moslem supremacism [an aim to be achieved through warfare], being promoted from factors within ISLAM, such as;

1/ Allah,
2/ ISLAM,
3/ the behaviour and urgings attributed to Mohammed [within ISLAM's foundation religious texts],
the influence and urgings we see within the content of,
4/ the Koran,
5/ the Hadith.

????

e.g.
A religious text like the Koran [its contents, which urges Jihad in Allah's cause], would have a 'mute' influence upon your average moslem who attends mosque ?

That is your argument ?

"....Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith."
Koran 2.98

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."
Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

"There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: "We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone"....."
Koran 60:4

"Fighting [against disbelievers] is prescribed for you, and [if] ye dislike it.....Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
Koran 2.216

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2015 at 6:32pm by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:44pm

Yeah wow, it's almost like taking a literal and infallible view of a book written over a millenia ago is a bad thing.

how about that?

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:52pm

By 'radicalization ... of our youth', I will assume you are talking about muslims, and not say white kids joining neo-nazis or bikie gangs or triad gangs etc - who then go and murder and rape and trade in drugs to destroy other people's lives. Just so we're clear that young muslims are not the only youth in society that are choosing a path that leads to murder and suffering.

Grin Grin Grin

Lisa - please bear in mind that delinquency that leads to self-serving criminality is in a whole different ball park than those whose Islamic religious upbringing prepares them for suicide bombing and genocidal intentions.

Dear O dear O dear, gandalf is such a slippery character. Keep on your toes when you're reading his replies. Don't let him slip any specious nonsense past you.

(synonyms:      misleading, deceptive, false, fallacious, unsound, spurious, casuistic, sophistic.

superficially plausible, but actually wrong).

Be Safe - Be Cynical.

You may now proceed to read gandalf's latest offerings.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:57pm

I thought Yadda summed it up pretty clearly!  Wink

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 3:11pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:52pm:

Grin Grin Grin

Lisa - please bear in mind that delinquency that leads to self-serving criminality is in a whole different ball park than those whose Islamic religious upbringing prepares them for suicide bombing and genocidal intentions.

Dear O dear O dear, gandalf is such a slippery character. Keep on your toes when you're reading his replies. Don't let him slip any specious nonsense past you.

(synonyms:      misleading, deceptive, false, fallacious, unsound, spurious, casuistic, sophistic.

superficially plausible, but actually wrong).

Be Safe - Be Cynical.

You may now proceed to read gandalf's latest offerings.

That's strange, Herbie. You've been caught out a number of times. Who could forget the great Muslim online library book racket? Who could forget the Health Department mail-out to Muslim doctors? Who could forget the number of misleading, deceptive, false, fallacious, unsound, spurious, casuistic and sophistic claims you've made? Some, you've openly confessed to making up.

Has G been caught out as many times as you, or is he just too clever to be caught?

As ever, I'm curious. I'm keen to know what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 4:17pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:27pm:
So young [and not so young] moslems who become 'radicalised', have been led astray, from the proper path of their faith, by persons of bad influence [whom they have come into contact with] ?

No - what I said was quite the opposite in fact.

Very telling that you decided I responded in a certain way even before you read my post Y.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 5:18pm

from my understanding, its orchestrated from overseas in places like Syria and Iraq. They firstly pick some useful idiots in Australia to "spread the word" as it were amongst potential recruits. Importantly, it seems its not the case that these "vulnerable" youths are being targeted and "groomed" like pedophile rings groom children (as is commonly portrayed), its very much a case of these youths actively seeking extremist groups from the get-go. They are not innocent victims in this, they know what they are doing.

When was the last non-Muslim 15 year old walking up to an unsuspecting stranger and shoot him the back of the head?

Just so we're clear that young muslims are the only youth in society that are choosing a path that leads to murder and suffering on the basis of Islamic religious fanaticism.

Get your disclaimers right, Gandy.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 6:51pm

gandalf said....

Hi Lisa,

young muslims are not the only youth in society that are choosing a path that leads to murder and suffering.

from my understanding, its orchestrated from overseas in places like Syria and Iraq.

Yadda wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 2:27pm:

So young [and not so young] moslems who become 'radicalised', have been led astray, from the proper path of their faith, by persons of bad influence [whom they have come into contact with] ?

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 4:17pm:

No - what I said was quite the opposite in fact.

Very telling that you decided I responded in a certain way even before you read my post Y.

gandalf,

Please tell me my error.

gandalf said.....
Quote:

Ah!!!!!

It is a place!

The 'radicalisation' of young moslems in Australia,      is being orchestrated from overseas, from a plot of land, or a group of lands [o/s].

It is the strong influence of the idea of a plot of land, or a group of lands [overseas], which can cause the 'radicalisation' of young moslems in Australia.

Got it!!!!

But it is not people [not other moslems].

And it is not any influence which is coming from ISLAM itself, which can be the cause of the 'radicalisation' of young moslems in Australia.

Is that what you are PRECISELY saying, gandalf ???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 7:07pm

Yadda wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 6:51pm:

gandalf said.....
Quote:

Ah!!!!!

It is a place!

The 'radicalisation' of young moslems in Australia,      is being orchestrated from overseas, from a plot of land, or a group of lands [o/s].

It is the strong influence of the idea of a plot of land, or a group of lands [overseas], which can cause the 'radicalisation' of young moslems in Australia.

Got it!!!!

gandalf,

QUESTION;
Is there something in the water over there,
"....in places like Syria and Iraq."

.....which causes the 'radicalisation' of the people who drink it ???

Could that be a cause of the 'radicalisation' of moslems, perhaps ????

Are the radical moslems
"....in places like Syria and Iraq."
,        sneaking water into Australia, which when drunk by young moslems,      causes the 'radicalisation' of those young moslems here in Australia, perhaps ????

What do you think ?

Could i be onto something ?          Shocked

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1418244166/15#15
Quote:

You mean that we [infidels, on OzPol] are guilty of 'stereotyping' members of the Australian mainstream moslem community!!!!

Shock horror!!!!

Fancy having the gall to associate moslems,     .......with,      .....moslems!

Fancy having the gall to associate moslems,     .......with,      .....ISLAM [and with ISLAM's laws and tenets] !

Dictionary;
Muslim = = a follower of Islam.

Google;
Shahada, confession of faith, of a muslim

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1431117115/1#1
Quote:

"every moslem in Australia is a latent, wanna-be homicidal maniac"

- Yadda

QUESTION;
What about the innocent moslems ?

IMO, [logically] there are no innocent moslems [among persons who have come to the age of consent], and yet still declare themselves to be moslems.

How so [logically] ?

QUESTION;
How credible is it that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, is unaware of what ISLAM promotes, and is unaware of what the principle tenets of ISLAM are ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],      ...to a philosophy which transforms human beings, into homicidal maniacs ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],     ...to a philosophy which claims that murdering, in the cause of religious bigotry, is a religious virtue ?

Yadda said....
Quote:

Dictionary;
Muslim = = a follower of Islam.

Google;
Shahada, confession of faith, of a muslim

"There is no god except for Allah alone; and Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah."

Today, many moslems - living in Australia - are insisting that we, Australians, must be forced to believe the incredible;

"I'm a moslem, and i worship Allah, and i revere Mohammed his messenger.

And i know that Allah calls for the enslavement and/or murder of all non-moslems - THROUGH JIHAD [religious fighting, when moslems have that 'opportunity'].

But i don't follow that part of my faith.

HONEST!"

Dictionary;
incredible = =
1 impossible to believe.
2 difficult to believe; extraordinary.

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 13th, 2015 at 7:11pm

Its pretty cool they can sit at the extremists lectures at mosques (lakemba to name one) while enablers bitch and moan they really aren't extremists. Not to mention the useful idiots in Australia to "spread the word" running quiet a few mosques teaching pretend moderates every week and posting on forums telling everyone it wasn't islams fault. Fortunately all you guys think we are idiots and will eventually believe your tripe. Nope sorry bud. Won't happen.

Take salim mehajer he doesn't even know the majority of people think he is now an international idiot of the highest order. He thinks he is cool. Just another muslim intellectual giant.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #12 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 12:19pm

Soren wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 5:18pm:

When was the last non-Muslim 15 year old walking up to an unsuspecting stranger and shoot him the back of the head?

Just so we're clear that young muslims are the only youth in society that are choosing a path that leads to murder and suffering on the basis of Islamic religious fanaticism.

This is at the heart of the problem around the anti-Islam argument.

Islam is the excuse, its not the problem - as one freediver so eloquently put it in 2007. 20-30 years ago the bandwagon you lot were jumping on were Vietnamese kids in Cabramatta joining the triads and choosing a path of drug dealing and murder. Today, kids from all across the disadvantaged spectrum of society - aborigines, Islanders, even white kids - choose a path of crime and inflicting suffering on others, whether its drug gangs destroying countless of lives with their trade, wife and children abusers or rapists etc etc. Even the Lebanese kids who are now being radicalised were part of this non-Islamic drug-trading, gang-murdering criminal sect - before radical Islam appeared on the street.

Has the issue of innocents suffering and being murdered by disaffected youth only begun with the emergence of radical Islam on the streets of Sydney and Melbourne? Of course it hasn't. Has the problem to society become worse with the emergence of radical Islam? No it has not.

Your predictable retort that only these crimes such as the Parammatta shootings are done in the name of Islam is utterly irrelevant, unless you can prove that this particular phenomenon represents a quantifiable increased threat to innocents on the streets. But you can't because it hasn't. Innocents were the victims of non-Islamic criminal activity before, and they will continue to be so. There are not more innocents dying on our streets just because a handful of disaffected youth turn to Islamic-inspired crime as opposed to (say) bikie-gang crime. The only point you will succeed in making is that somehow its worse because an ever-so-small number of innocents are now dying at the hands of Islamist criminals instead of at the hands of other non-Islamic criminals.

Do you think the families of Victor Chang or John Newman take comfort in that logic?

Quote:

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 6:23pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 14th, 2015 at 12:19pm:
Soren wrote on Oct 13th, 2015 at 5:18pm:

This is at the heart of the problem around the anti-Islam argument.

Islam is the excuse, its not the problem

What self-serving load of bollocks, Gandy -c to be expected, of course.

Nobody, absolutely nobody uses the Sisters of Mercy as an excuse to behead people who do not go along with the creed of the Sisters.  The Sisters of Mercy cannot, ever, be used as an excuse for violence. Unlike Islam.

Islam is made for violent fanatics in a way few other creeds are.  You want to shift attention from it but you cannot. 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 6:55pm

Quote:
whether its drug gangs destroying countless of lives with their trade, wife and children abusers or rapists etc etc

...Muslims raping and pillaging their way across the middle east (again).

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print