Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Muslim students allowed to walk out of assembly (Read 2518 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Muslim students allowed to walk out of assembly
Oct 27th, 2015 at 6:24am

Fury as Muslim students allowed to walk out of assembly during national anthem

A PUBLIC primary school has come under fire for allowing Muslim students to walk out of assembly while the national anthem is being sung.

Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School principal Cheryl Irving said she was allowing Shi’a children to opt out of singing or listening to the anthem because it was a religious month of mourning and they should not be forced to take part in joyous events.

“Muharram is a Shi’a cultural observation marking the death of Imam Hussein,” Ms Irving said. “This year it falls between Tuesday October 13 and Thursday November 12.

“Prior to last week’s Years 2-6 assembly, in respect of this religious observance, students were given the opportunity to leave the hall before music was played.”

But Lorraine McCurdy, who has two grandchildren at the school, said she was furious when school officials invited students to leave during ­Advance Australia Fair.

“Two children got up and said ‘welcome to our assembly’ and with that a teacher came forward and said all those who feel it’s against their culture may leave the room,” Ms McCurdy told Melbourne radio station 3AW yesterday.

“With that about 30 or 40 children got up and left the room. We sang the national anthem and they all came back in.

“I saw red, I’m Australian and I felt ‘you don’t walk out on my national anthem’.”

Independent Senator Jacqui Lambie also hit out at the school, which promotes the ethos of “Many Cultures, One Community”, after the revelations first emerged in the community’s local newspaper.

“I find these schools allowing this to happen disgusting. I don’t think religion needs to be brought into the national anthem,” she said.

While the school has ­received the full backing of Victoria’s Department of Education, the situation could not be any different north of the state border.

NSW’s Department of Education last night told The Daily Telegraph that students would not be allowed to sit out the national anthem in NSW under any circumstances.

“It is not acceptable for any student in a NSW public school to walk out during the anthem and disciplinary action would be taken against the student,” a spokesman said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/fury-as-muslim-students-allowed-to-wal...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim students allowed to walk out of assembly
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 6:25am

This is what you get when you have a left-wing state government leading a left-wing state government department. A big fat "F" for both the school and the Victorian Department of Education on this one!

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 6:25am

Can you imagine this crap being done in a place like the UAE?

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 7:24am

Kids should be taught about inclusion, rather than exclusion.

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 7:40am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 27th, 2015 at 6:25am:
Can you imagine this crap being done in a place like the UAE?

No. But why we would want to be like the UAE?

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 7:41am

While I think it's nonsense, this didn't have anything to do with the Anthem, it would have happened if there was a school band singing too.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 7:50am

ask not what your country can do for you , ask what you can do for your country.

i think i famous politician from the left said that.

i think we intuitively understand the importance of family, community and nation.

those who choose to shiit on their own family or community are ostracised and rightly so.
those who have no loyalty to their own nation shouldnt really expect anything better.

it is odd how the left seem the cohort of self loathing.

their propaganda arm, the ABC seem to delight in running shows designed to show australians in a bad light.

i sympathise with the muslim kids.
when a nation and its teachers appear to "not love themselves", when the national curriculum is full of "self loathing" its hard to engage with that sort of psychopathology.

Kids want to feel like those whose "group" they want to be a member of are

super confident
have a direction in life
have a positive view of themselves.

sadly ISIS have these qualities and our teachers and leftard leaders dont

If i was a 12 yo muslim, looking for comfort with a strong, virile, masculine role model...i would choose ISIS on youtube over the bed wetting headmaster at this school.

the left should reflect on this

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:49am

"Cranbourne Carlisle Primary School principal Cheryl Irving said she was allowing Shi’a children to opt out of singing or listening to the anthem because it was a religious month of mourning and they should not be forced to take part in joyous events."

Huh?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:53am

Quote:
and with that a teacher came forward and said all those who feel it’s against their culture may leave the room,”

She should have gone further - all those who feel it’s against their culture may leave the country.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:57am

A lot of this of course is about fear.
Fear of the teachers for the parents, the department and even the students.
Fear of the departments for the left-wing activists who might jump up & down & bang tambourines.
And fear of the politicians for everybody.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:59am

Storm in a teacup.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 9:00am

Not yet but there's one coming this way.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 9:21am

I wonder if Catholic kids at Catholic Primary schools are excused from eating meat on Fridays and extra non meat stuff is made available in the tuck shop? ~ etc etc etc etc etc.

IP Logged

teddybear
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 9:24am

Aussie wrote on Oct 27th, 2015 at 9:21am:
I wonder if Catholic kids at Catholic Primary schools are excused from eating meat on Fridays and extra non meat stuff is made available in the tuck shop? ~ etc etc etc etc etc.

WHAT THU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Oct 27th, 2015 at 9:37am

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 27th, 2015 at 8:57am:
A lot of this of course is about fear.
Fear of the teachers for the parents, the department and even the students.
Fear of the departments for the left-wing activists who might jump up & down & bang tambourines.
And fear of the politicians for everybody.

Very good, Grasshopper - you are on the border and looking into the very real issues of how this poor fellow, our country, is actually run.  Now ask yourself why......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print