Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print
The trend continues - mama's new boyfriend .. (Read 15552 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The trend continues - mama's new boyfriend ..
Reply #180 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 10:54am

cods wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 10:46am:
mothra wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 10:14am:
"The death of children under the hand of their father often, but not always, had a markedly different motive, Dr Kirkwood said.
“In other circumstances, the primary motive was to kill the child, as a way to get back at their ex-partner and we found that it was men who were more likely to kill their child or children for revenge. The primary motive was to get back at the mother,” she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/seeking-to-understand-the-inexplicable-20120224-1...

like I said.. revenge... what about the dad at Lockwood who killed his whole family...tragic..those stats are a bit old...we have had some horrendous deaths which is my argument its getting worse.. more and more are being missed.. HOW COME..

grap keeps bringing it back to genda.. I dont really care who does the killing..male or female...it is a fact MORE men do the killing...but that isnt the issue to me..... what is going on is a disgrace....as the child ,is the victim every time. one father even set his children on fire...to get back at his wife... can anyone explain why it is this was allowed to happen.. those children survived but it doesn undo what they went through...and how it was missed????>...

are we paying attention??????

Women have been blamed this whole thread through Cods. From Herbie's disgusting comments on single mothers to Grap quoting Men's Rights. This thread is set up as an attack.

You're right of course, it all detracts from the children.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #181 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:05am

I thought I was doing a pretty good job of laying out the realities in an attempt to get to the root causes of the current war between men and women.  As long as we continue to hold to the belief that one side of this State-declared war has all rights and the other none, we will never find peace.  Quite simply, it is way past time for the State to stop bullying men as its chosen path to family disintegration and social disruption, and to start addressing the facts and realities in an even-handed way for a change.

Nobody has a problem in condemning real violence - but the realities of relationship violence need to be fully and properly addressed - and that is not happening under the 'man perpetrator - woman victim' paradigm.  The result is escalating conflict rather than anything approaching peace.

Again - you simply cannot go around beating people up to try to control them and expect them not to respond in some way.  Ye Gods, madams - the Dalai Lama says that..... yet if I say it I'm stomping on women...

No wonder there is no resolution in sight, but only a never-ending war between men and women.

“It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished. But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, "whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection," and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.”

― John Adams

“The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.”

- Dalai Lama

The State using violence against men as its chosen approach to controlling violence is creating violence.. nay... it IS violence writ large, and with no legal basis in the vast majority of cases.

Epic Fail!  Time to go back and re-do the plans and policies.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:07am

Oh - and BTW - women killing the kids leads by a country mile over men killing the kids this year, but then, of course, the poor dears are depressed and having a tough life.

Jesus God....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:15am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:07am:
Oh - and BTW - women killing the kids leads by a country mile over men killing the kids this year, but then, of course, the poor dears are depressed and having a tough life.

Jesus God....

You got a link to substantiate that Grap? My research says otherwise.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:19am

mothra wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:15am:

Jesus God....

Coupla months ago it was around 9:1 in favour of women killing their kids.

Been in all the papers - I think the one that skews the figures was the mass killing in Queensland.  I'd be interested in seeing your figures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairns_child_killings

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-11/wyndham-vale-lake-crash-mother-charged-ove...

Trying to stick with Australian figures here.. nobody seems to want to address the whole picture, but look here:-

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=women+killing+children+2015&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:25am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:19am:
nobody seems to want to address the whole picture,

Yourself included sadly.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #186 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:27am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:19am:
mothra wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:15am:

Jesus God....

Coupla months ago it was around 9:1 in favour of women killing their kids.

Been in all the papers - I think the one that skews the figures was the mass killing in Queensland.  I'd be interested in seeing your figures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairns_child_killings

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-11/wyndham-vale-lake-crash-mother-charged-ove...

Trying to stick with Australian figures here.. nobody seems to want to address the whole picture, but look here:-

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=women+killing+children+2015&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8...

Grap you can't take the 2 incidents you cite and use them as a platform for making the claim that 'more mothers kill their children than fathers'.

They significantly skew the statistics because of the number of children killed. It was still only 2 women.

Statistically, more fathers kill their children than mothers. The reasons women and men tend to kill their children differ markedly.

I've already offered some statistics.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #187 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:29am

Examining everything from the parent's gender, age and marital status to where they lived to possible motives including a history of family violence, Dawson looked for patterns and trends to identify strategies for prevention, particularly similarities and differences between mothers and fathers.

"Cases of filicide by mothers and fathers often differ in a variety of ways, as shown by this study and other research," said Dawson, who holds the Canada Research Chair in Public Policy in Criminal Justice and heads U of G's Centre for the Study of Social and Legal Responses to Violence.

Among her findings were the following:

More males than females were accused nationwide, a difference that appears to be increasing.

Female accused were more common among people under 18, and males dominated in older age groups.

Women made up four out of five accused who were single and never married, and men represented two-thirds of accused who were divorced, separated or widowed.

More men than women were accused when revenge or jealousy was the motive.
Most accused were biological parents. When stepchildren were killed, nine of 10 accused were stepfathers. While numbers remain small, the proportion of accused who were step-parents, and particularly stepfathers, appears to be increasing.

Since 1991, more reports of family violence have occurred before filicides.

Fathers are more likely than mothers to commit suicide after killing a child, although the likelihood of either parent committing suicide has decreased in recent years.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/10/151028123953.htm

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #188 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:36am

mothra wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:27am:
Statistically, more fathers kill their children than mothers.

Incorrect.  Do not confuse STEP fathers with fathers.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:38am

... wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:36am:

Good point... 'New Lion' in the pride kills off offspring of the former "Lion".... "Noble Lioness" stands by and lets it happen... or helps....

I'm trying to limit this area of open warfare between men and women to Australia - and current figures show that women are leading..... step-fathers of any ilk are not natural fathers... mothers are natural mothers.....

The fact that children are far too often placed in that situation raises questions about our current society, and how it is being handled.

I think your Canadian link is about abuse/neglect primarily, Mothra - I would prefer that we address the issues here and not there - perhaps once we find some answers, we can relay them to Canada.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #190 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:43am

That is a good point, of course, step fathers are still members of the male gender (albeit if they kill kids or beat people, not real men...)

I wonder how that impacts on the "stats"...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #191 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:47am

Phemanderac wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:43am:

That is a good point, of course, step fathers are still members of the male gender (albeit if they kill kids or beat people, not real men...)

I wonder how that impacts on the "stats"...

step-fathers of any ilk are not natural fathers... mothers are natural mothers.....

We need to very carefully draw lines here.... it appears from a casual reading that the figure that's been around for ages - that children are seven times more at risk in the company of their mother and 'new father' than in company of their natural father and mother.....

This raises questions about the way our society and family relationships are going... I hate to sound like a wowser, but.... most natural fathers don't abuse their children, and casting this as a gender issue is deeply insulting to most men, as well as sending the wrong message to women, police, courts and governments.

I see no end in sight.....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #192 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:48am

Another factor that impacts "the stats" is men who are "officially" the biological father of a child, but find out they've been cuckolded and take it out in a murderous way. 

That's just an incredibly sad state of affairs - the man has been betrayed in the most terrible way, but has no recourse, and his betrayer suffers no penalty, so he can be almost expected to explode with rage, but it isn't the kids fault. 

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:50am

... wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:48am:
Another factor that impacts "the stats" is men who are "officially" the biological father of a child, but find out they've been cuckolded and take it out in a murderous way. 

Yeees.. I don't think that is very common.. but I don't have figures.

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:56am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 6th, 2015 at 11:38am:

Good point... 'New Lion' in the pride kills off offspring of the former "Lion".... "Noble Lioness" stands by and lets it happen... or helps....

I'm trying to limit this area of open warfare between men and women to Australia - and current figures show that women are leading..... step-fathers of any ilk are not natural fathers... mothers are natural mothers.....

The fact that children are far too often placed in that situation raises questions about our current society, and how it is being handled.

I think your Canadian link is about abuse/neglect primarily, Mothra - I would prefer that we address the issues here and not there - perhaps once we find some answers, we can relay them to Canada.

You're back to blaming women again Grap.

My Canadian link was about filicide. It supports all the other links i've read.

When fathers kill their children, it is usually to seek revenge on the mother. Women who kill were more likely to do it because they were killing themselves and didn't want to leave the kids behind.

Neglect cases are almost always the mother, or both parents.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print