Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Oh Damn! (Read 2668 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Oh Damn!
Nov 11th, 2015 at 8:00am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/business/companies/grandmother-tries-to-spite-h...

AN AUSTRIAN woman, 85, cut up almost a million euros (A$1.1million) into tiny pieces in an apparent attempt to spite her heirs, authorities said on Thursday.

After the woman died in a retirement home, the 950,000 euros as well as savings accounts books were found shredded on her bed, prosecutors said

Kurier reported however that the woman’s surviving family will have the last laugh, with Austria’s central bank (OeNB) saying it will replace all the cash.

one can only presume the heirs didnt deserve the money in her mind anyway.........bugger....her wishes count for nothing..

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Oh Damn!
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 9:08am

She could have donated it to a worthy cause, then she would have been sure the family didn't get it.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 11:29am

Or she could have washed it down with a bottle of Spumante and taken it with her.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:00pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 9:08am:
She could have donated it to a worthy cause, then she would have been sure the family didn't get it.

no they fight it and some stranger a judge says hey its yours.... not sure what the purpose of writing a will is...just to give some greedy bloody solicitor money for old rope ..I have a friend whos 90 now well off one son who is very sick and could die before his mum.. two grandchildren and an ex daughter in law... who hate her... the other son died about 25years ago...and his family turned on my friend when she stopped handing out money....then they accused her of keeping and spending a few hundred thousand she had given the son many years ago...[ my friend didnt know what she was  talking about]anyway they havent had any contact now for a few years....she has a great grand daughter shes never seen...but she knows these people will come out of the woodwork when she goes...... her solicitor told her it is bound to happen as long as she has something to leave.....at this stage of her life she still has a few beans left....but it isnt fair that her will is made out to the son she now lives with and has done for about 10 years..and people who have had more than a fair share out of her over the years could end up with even more...without her blessing....  she shouldnt have to lkeave it to charity just to stall off the greedy...well I dont think so anyway.

maybe this lady was just making a point and making them work for it...lololol....she could have tossed it off the roof of a high building...hahaha

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:58pm

cods wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 8:00am:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/business/companies/grandmother-tries-to-spite-h...

AN AUSTRIAN woman, 85, cut up almost a million euros (A$1.1million) into tiny pieces in an apparent attempt to spite her heirs, authorities said on Thursday.

After the woman died in a retirement home, the 950,000 euros as well as savings accounts books were found shredded on her bed, prosecutors said

Kurier reported however that the woman’s surviving family will have the last laugh, with Austria’s central bank (OeNB) saying it will replace all the cash.

one can only presume the heirs didnt deserve the money in her mind anyway.........bugger....her wishes count for nothing..

I reckon it is hilarious that a spiteful bitter old woman was thwarted in her last act of malice.  The last laugh was on her, and always will be in the case of such people.

As for your friend cods, what stops her given (formally...through a Deed of Gift) her son the money while she is alive.  That solves the problem as the Estate will then be bare  ~ no-one will fight for zero.
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:19pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:04pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 12:58pm:

I reckon it is hilarious that a spiteful bitter old woman was thwarted in her last act of malice.  The last laugh was on her, and always will be in the case of such people.

As for you friend cods, what stops her given (formally...through a Deed of Gift) her son the money while she is alive.  That solves the problem as the Estate will then be bare  ~ no-one will fight for zero.

She should. I wouldn't leave it another day if I was her.

I would want to put my mind at ease if I was 90 years old, then she can die in peace, knowing her stuff is in order.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:52pm

As for your friend cods, what stops her given (formally...through a Deed of Gift) her son the money while she is alive.  That solves the problem as the Estate will then be bare  ~ no-one will fight for zero.

I think it typical of your one track mind that you think she was bitter and it was her "last act of malice", you think all women are bitter and twisted because you don't like women.
You don't know the woman or her family, they may have been neglectful and cruel ( why did this story reach the media, no doubt one of her "loving " family members
's) in which case you couldn't blame her one bit- But as Pansi said giving it charity would have been much better way to go.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:18pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:04pm:

As for you friend cods, what stops her given (formally...through a Deed of Gift) her son the money while she is alive.  That solves the problem as the Estate will then be bare  ~ no-one will fight for zero.

I would want to put my mind at ease if I was 90 years old, then she can die in peace, knowing her stuff is in order.

she has she gave him over $600.000 but needs to live as well???... she pays a lot of TAX each year she has that much...

there comes a time when you have the right to do with your money that which you choose not what you are driven too.....

she is a lovely lovely lady... who has been treated very badly the living son has no children.. so her only family are estranged....but just to make it awkward they dont live all that far away from her...not that theres much chance of them meeting but you know how news travels..the grand daughter even rang her up and abused her over the phone because she wouldnt sign a legal document that would have been a lie... thats when she was told you will never see.. so and so....the baby and she never has... this is about 5 years ago...when my friend was waking up to how she was being manipulated and whenever  she said NO out came the claws...

she worries about losing her son and this mob if she goes first and he will be left to fight them off....

if we are going to give people the right to die..surely the right to leave their money to whom they choose should also be taken into account..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:20pm

Agnes wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 1:52pm:

I think it typical of your one track mind that you think she was bitter and it was her "last act of malice", you think all women are bitter and twisted because you don't like women.
You don't know the woman or her family, they may have been neglectful and cruel ( why did this story reach the media, no doubt one of her "loving " family members
's) in which case you couldn't blame her one bit- But as Pansi said giving it charity would have been much better way to go.

well said agnes... those who are now going to get the benefit may have been atrocious who knows...unless they can prove she was away with the pixies.. its her money she can do what she likes with it.......until shes dead of course. Angry Angry

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:43pm

cods wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:18pm:

she has she gave him over $600.000 but needs to live as well???... she pays a lot of TAX each year she has that much...

there comes a time when you have the right to do with your money that which you choose not what you are driven too.....

she is a lovely lovely lady... who has been treated very badly the living son has no children.. so her only family are estranged....but just to make it awkward they dont live all that far away from her...not that theres much chance of them meeting but you know how news travels..the grand daughter even rang her up and abused her over the phone because she wouldnt sign a legal document that would have been a lie... thats when she was told you will never see.. so and so....the baby and she never has... this is about 5 years ago...when my friend was waking up to how she was being manipulated and whenever  she said NO out came the claws...

she worries about losing her son and this mob if she goes first and he will be left to fight them off....

if we are going to give people the right to die..surely the right to leave their money to whom they choose should also be taken into account..

cods....if she gives the son the money via Deed of Gift, (using Lawyers) then there are practical mechanisms available to her that would still allow (with the son's co-operation) her access to the funds whenever she needed it.  It is simple, and it solves the problem you say she has.  (Of course, part of the deal would include the son executing a Will leaving her his Estate should he go before she does.)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 4:49pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:43pm:
cods wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 3:18pm:

cods....if she gives the son the money via Deed of Gift, (using Lawyers) then there are practical mechanisms available to her that would still allow (with the son's co-operation) her access to the funds whenever she needed it.  It is simple, and it solves the problem you say she has.  (Of course, part of the deal would include the son executing a Will leaving her his Estate should he go before she does.)

shes a proud lady like myself has been alone for a long time has always been independent until moving in with son and his missus she is old school

and in my opinion entitled to do with her own money what she choose..

this is not estate money she and her husband had a business.. she worked as hard as he did....

I am saying this is what I think anyone should be ENTITLED TO DO.. we know all about the law and rules and so forth... but they will always outwit you... and when you are gone... thats it...

I am just saying it isnt right.. you do not have to agree with me....

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 4:54pm

Quote:
shes a proud lady like myself has been alone for a long time has always been independent until moving in with son and his missus she is old school

this is not estate money she and her husband had a business.. she worked as hard as he did....

I am saying this is what I think anyone should be ENTITLED TO DO.. we know all about the law and rules and so forth... but they will always outwit you... and when you are gone... thats it...

And I am offering you/her a simple solution which meets all her needs and keeps the grubs at bay, but you are hell bent on ignoring it, just to continue stating the bleeding obvious.  Be part of the solution cods, not part of the problem!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:33pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 11th, 2015 at 4:54pm:
Quote:

And I am offering you/her a simple solution which meets all her needs and keeps the grubs at bay, but you are hell bent on ignoring it, just to continue stating the bleeding obvious.  Be part of the solution cods, not part of the problem!

---------------------
shaking head... Shocked Shocked

AUSSIE    I KNOW ALL THAT you are telling me nothing I dont know already

dont you think a lady of her means has done all the enquiries..???? why do you treat everyone like they are stupid...

there are all sorts of laws on gifting and duration....if she gifts the the money and dies the next day... it takes on a whole different accent...

she also likes her independence even though they live in the same house ..which she has by receiving her own money into her bank account from stocks and shares....as well as cash in the bank...it isnt that sim ple.. and the govt will be there with bells on...

I am not ignoring your advice I am just saying it isnt fool proof and why should she give her money over to her son and daughter in law?????

..... we dont know who will go first...personally I think her son is swinging the lead... but I say nothing.. she hands him over money all the time and he spends it.. on the pair of them they go overseas about 4 times a year...but hes all shes got and I can understand that but she still want her own money doing what its always done looking after her without her having to ask anyone or an swer to anyone....if she didnt have the  greedy sneaks in the back ground life for her would be rosy...

does that help explain things.

all I am saying is people should be able to make a will and that be that unless hardship can be proved..

why should a strange judge be the one to dish your money out...the way he sees fit?????

thats all I am saying..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Nov 11th, 2015 at 5:41pm

Well, she can keep whingeing then, and the jackals will have their day when she is gone.  She wants to eat the cake and still have it.  She ought to shut up, or do the obvious.  That she has chosen not to solve the problem so easily suggests to me she wants the drama, loves to bleat..poor me etc etc etc.  I'm over these people who bitch about stuff they can so readily solve.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 12th, 2015 at 7:31am

She should transfer most of her money into her son's bank account today.....problem solved.

It's her money, she is allowed to do it.

Fixed in five minutes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print