Yes    
  6 (23.1%)
No    
  20 (76.9%)

Total votes: 26
« Created by: greggerypeccary on: May 18th, 2016 at 11:29am »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Send Topic Print
Dog-whistling Dutton has no clue about refugees (Read 23317 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dog-whistling Dutton has no clue about refugees
Reply #180 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:58pm:
mothra wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:58pm:
Secret Wars wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:53pm:
Left winger has done some dog whistling and what a crew it has whistled up.    Roll Eyes

I would like to know why Andrei being called a Jew is offensive and yet nothing is said about this:

innocentbystander. wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 8:25pm:
You know, when your dear mussie terrorist friends come to carve off your pink bits they are going to slash your head by mistake c#%t face.

Although vulgur, the point he makes is relevant. 

Really. I'm c@%nt face am i? And i deserve to be relegated to pink bits and have it assumed that "mussies" are my friends.

How is this point relevant unless you are a screaming Islamophobe with a hatred of women.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm

Aussie wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:58pm:
Quote:
Why is the word 'n*****' a slur? Because it is. Why is it that every time we have to discuss something about jewish people the left jumps up and down claiming it's fine? It isn't fine. The word has histrocial connotations to it. It is considered a slur. I object to it being used.

Object away.  Hold you breath and snuff if that is your 'go.'  I am a Calathumptian.  I could  not care less if you refer to me as one.

What is the word you would prefer that I use to refer to someone of Jewish faith?

Muslim?

I already said, it isn't hard: Jewish. 

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm

And you object to someone being called a Jew.

Priceless.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #183 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm

Aussie wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:49pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:47pm:
Aussie wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:37pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:34pm:
Why would you use it?
It has zero to do with anything unless it's aimed as a personal slur.

Racial or ethic slurs towards posters are not acceptable.

Why would you include the word "Jew"?

How the Hell can it ever be a slur to refer to anyone as a Jew?  What have they got to be ashamed of!  Blaaady Hell, Mr Hicks.  This is absurd!

The word 'Jew' in itself is a slur.

Absolutely correct.

Garbage.  How else can anyone refer to a person of Jewish faith?

What did it add?  Why was it used?  Somehow Aussie I cannot see you defending "aboriginal" appended to a statement.

You would be all " what has being aboriginal got to go with it!", you wouldnt be defending it as being merely a reference. 

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #184 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:02pm

Lets all take a chill pill , take a deep breath , relax , leftwinger is still here , me and old Andrei had a good chat and met on common ground , nothing to see here folks , move along .

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:03pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm:
Quote:
Why is the word 'n*****' a slur? Because it is. Why is it that every time we have to discuss something about jewish people the left jumps up and down claiming it's fine? It isn't fine. The word has histrocial connotations to it. It is considered a slur. I object to it being used.

Object away.  Hold you breath and snuff if that is your 'go.'  I am a Calathumptian.  I could  not care less if you refer to me as one.

What is the word you would prefer that I use to refer to someone of Jewish faith?

Muslim?

I already said, it isn't hard: Jewish. 

So we have to say, "someone of the Jewish faith" instead of "jew".

Really?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #186 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:06pm

mothra wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:01pm:
Left winger has done some dog whistling and what a crew it has whistled up.    Roll Eyes

I would like to know why Andrei being called a Jew is offensive and yet nothing is said about this:

You know, when your dear mussie terrorist friends come to carve off your pink bits they are going to slash your head by mistake c#%t face.

Really. I'm c@%nt face am i? And i deserve to be relegated to pink bits and have it assumed that "mussies" are my friends.

How is this point relevant unless you are a screaming Islamophobe with a hatred of women.

I don't know you personally but from this forum I tend to like what you post and tend to agree on some issues. I can't recall your stance on how women in the Islam world get treated, but I would hope you and I share the same opinnion that they ought to be treated with the same civil right freedoms that feminists continue to fight for every day in the western world.

The only people with a hatred for women are those who defend the right of extremists, who predominately happen to be in the islamic world, to treat women as a secondary gender, irrelevant in the male world other than to carry a male heir.  And defend it because of 'cultural differences.'

That's the point that innocent makes. Like I said, vulgur it is. But it carries a point because every day we hear excuses from the regressive left, defending such actions as gender mutilation, or stoning of women for being raped, or not even allowing them to drive. And why do they defend these actions - because it's 'cultural differences'. 

and I hate the fact that I have to agree with the point being made by a right wing nut like innocent. But the problem is that when it comes to these subjects, the Left is like Leftwinger - it's okay to denigrate anything of the western world (it's okay to call someone a jew, for example), but don't you dare mention anything to do with the developing world. And why? Don't people in the developing world deserve the same rights?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #187 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:07pm

mothra wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:56pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:54pm:
mothra wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 10:51pm:
Why would you use it?

How the Hell can it ever be a slur to refer to anyone as a Jew?  What have they got to be ashamed of!  Blaaady Hell, Mr Hicks.  This is absurd!

Why?

You object to the word "Jew" being used?

I object to it and I am giving Leftwinger an opportunity to retract the personal slur.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:11pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:06pm:

I don't know you personally but from this forum I tend to like what you post and tend to agree on some issues. I can't recall your stance on how women in the Islam world get treated, but I would hope you and I share the same opinnion that they ought to be treated with the same civil right freedoms that feminists continue to fight for every day in the western world.

The only people with a hatred for women are those who defend the right of extremists, who predominately happen to be in the islamic world, to treat women as a secondary gender, irrelevant in the male world other than to carry a male heir.  And defend it because of 'cultural differences.'

That's the point that innocent makes. Like I said, vulgur it is. But it carries a point because every day we hear excuses from the regressive left, defending such actions as gender mutilation, or stoning of women for being raped, or not even allowing them to drive. And why do they defend these actions - because it's 'cultural differences'. 

So you have no problem with either the abuse towards me or the suggestion that all "muzzies" deserve to be spoken of like that.

You do know that Christians and Animists perform FGM too, right?

You have no problem at all with this disgusting attack on Muslims but you object to Andrei being called a Jew.

Go figure.

And i like you too Alevine, but you've got me stumped on this one.

And ive never seem anything but condemnation for repressive regimes from the left. I don;t know what you've been reading.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #189 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:13pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:07pm:
Why would you use it?

Why?

I object to it and I am giving Leftwinger an opportunity to retract the personal slur.

Any comment o the filth directed towards me Mr. Gmod?

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #190 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:16pm

Oh the idiocy, Aussie defending use of a word that has been used as a racial slur by taking no objection to being called a word that is not used as a racial slur. 

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #191 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:17pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:07pm:
Why would you use it?

Why?

It isnt a slur , and i will not be retracting a word i said , puff your chest as much as you like , how many different ways do you want to see the word no ?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #192 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:21pm

mothra wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:11pm:

So you have no problem with either the abuse towards me or the suggestion that all "muzzies" deserve to be spoken of like that.

You have no problem at all with this disgusting attack on Muslims but you object to Andrei being called a Jew.

Go figure.

And ive never seem anything but condemnation for repressive regimes from the left. I don;t know what you've been reading.

Give me the stats for how many CHristians perform FGM vs how many Muslims do.  It's a fib that it's an 'African' problem. It's predominately an Islam problem. 

I don't denigrate Muslims on an individual basis. But by all means I will question the ideas spread by Islam. Because the ideas represented by islamic states are, in my view, crazy and do nothing to promote a free world for the people within those states.  And while of course some Christians and Animists may perform things like FGM, it is not even close to the same level. That's the problem, mothra: I think you have good intentions, but if you look at all people around the world who perform FGM, why would you defend its use amongst 90% of the people because of the other 10%? You should be saying, 'It's disgusting no matter where it happens', and not trying to remind me that some people in the Christian world also have the practice.  Fear of being labelled an Islamaphobe should not be stopping you in condeming the practice of FGM in the islamic world.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #193 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:28pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:21pm:

Go figure.

Give me the stats for how many CHristians perform FGM vs how many Muslims do.  It's a fib that it's an 'African' problem. It's predominately an Islam problem. 

I don't denigrate Muslims on an individual basis. But by all means I will question the ideas spread by Islam. Because the ideas represented by islamic states are, in my view, crazy and do nothing to promote a free world for the people within those states.  And while of course some Christians and Animists may perform things like FGM, it is not even close to the same level. That's the problem, mothra: I think you have good intentions, but if you look at all people around the world who perform FGM, why would you defend its use amongst 90% of the people because of the other 10%? You should be saying, 'It's disgusting no matter where it happens', and not trying to remind me that some people in the Christian world also have the practice.  Fear of being labelled an Islamaphobe should not be stopping you in condeming the practice of FGM in the islamic world.

I'm not defending anything at all, least of all FGM. I have written countless letters about the practice, studied widely and long been a strong advocate for change.

But the fact remains, it is a cultural not religious practice.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:33pm

mothra wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:28pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:21pm:

Go figure.

I'm not defending anything at all, least of all FGM. I have written countless letters about the practice, studied widely and long been a strong advocate for change.

But the fact remains, it is a cultural not religious practice.

Predominately within the islamic world, and we all know very well that culture and religion intermix within states that are based on religion anyway.  There is nothing wrong with looking at the ideas spread by religion and saying 'this is wrong.'  Why is Islam any different, why is it that when the issue concerns majority of the islamic world we have to try and pursuade that it's a cultural issue? It's an islamic issue.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Send Topic Print