Yes    
  6 (23.1%)
No    
  20 (76.9%)

Total votes: 26
« Created by: greggerypeccary on: May 18th, 2016 at 11:29am »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
Dog-whistling Dutton has no clue about refugees (Read 23319 times)
Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Re: Dog-whistling Dutton has no clue about refugees
Reply #225 - May 22nd, 2016 at 2:41pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 9:47am:
Raven wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 12:33am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 8:59am:
Of course not, satire can always be appreciated. However, this was hardly satire and there was no need to place Jew after nepotism, unless implying something. And given left wingers admission that he doesn't like all Jewish people, I wouldn't say he was trying to be satirical.

Raven doesn't like all Jewish people, or all African Americans, hell there are some white people Raven down right can't stand. But that's because Raven is human.

And as a human, Raven is guilty of using stereotypes to describe other races. Just as surely as you yourself have in the past. It's the human condition. Just because Raven has used said stereotypes in the past, does not mean Raven is a racist, anti Semite or self hater.

The point is we can not know our fellow debaters motivation behind what they post, in their own mind they could think they are being satirical.

Before they died Raven's parents asked Raven's mothers best friend, a Jewish woman, to be his godmother. And she had no problem being referred to as a Jew. In fact she considered it a source of pride.

Raven says this because even though Leftwinger used a stereotype in one of his posts, Raven does not automatically assume Leftwinger is an anti Semite.

Raven is happy to be corrected If indeed he is.

Raven misunderstood what leftwinger meant when he said he doesn't like all Jewish people.  Leftwinger meant he doesn't like any Jewish people.

I don't like whiney ones that steal peoples land and then call people antisimitic when they get called out on it .

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #226 - May 22nd, 2016 at 8:19pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 2:26pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 2:22am:
My great great grandparents on one side were German or Ashkenazi Jews - meaning they were not of the original tribes of Israel.... I'm not Jewish... though I share some of their genes..... whatever that means in the real world... Judaism isn't genetic - it is a religious concept.... and being Israeli does not necessarily imply Judaism, some Israelis are Muslim and many were until 1948 or so and lived side by side with Jews ..... so Andrei's cousins may or may not be Jewish, but they may be Israeli....

Personally I don't think it matters one whit.... this is a bootless argument.....
Depends. To be considered a Jew amongst many Jewish groups you have to be born of a Jewish mother. So it is genetic in some cases.

only from a religious perspecitve. Not from a ethnicity perspective.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #227 - May 22nd, 2016 at 8:20pm

Its time wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 2:41pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 9:47am:
Raven wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 12:33am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 8:59am:
Of course not, satire can always be appreciated. However, this was hardly satire and there was no need to place Jew after nepotism, unless implying something. And given left wingers admission that he doesn't like all Jewish people, I wouldn't say he was trying to be satirical.

Raven doesn't like all Jewish people, or all African Americans, hell there are some white people Raven down right can't stand. But that's because Raven is human.

And as a human, Raven is guilty of using stereotypes to describe other races. Just as surely as you yourself have in the past. It's the human condition. Just because Raven has used said stereotypes in the past, does not mean Raven is a racist, anti Semite or self hater.

The point is we can not know our fellow debaters motivation behind what they post, in their own mind they could think they are being satirical.

Before they died Raven's parents asked Raven's mothers best friend, a Jewish woman, to be his godmother. And she had no problem being referred to as a Jew. In fact she considered it a source of pride.

Raven says this because even though Leftwinger used a stereotype in one of his posts, Raven does not automatically assume Leftwinger is an anti Semite.

Raven is happy to be corrected If indeed he is.

Raven misunderstood what leftwinger meant when he said he doesn't like all Jewish people.  Leftwinger meant he doesn't like any Jewish people.

I don't like whiney ones that steal peoples land and then call people antisimitic when they get called out on it .

and would you wish to clarify what you mean by 'steal people's land?'

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #228 - May 22nd, 2016 at 8:34pm

Sounds like a comment from the historically ignorant and bigoted if you ask me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print