Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print
The ultimate Nazi atrocity dilemma. (Read 7037 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

The ultimate Nazi atrocity dilemma.
Jun 17th, 2016 at 11:29pm

For me.

I hold the view that I am not now the same bloke I was when I did dumb sheet (as we all did) when I was in my 20s.  Mind you, I was never exposed personally to what happens in War and when/where orders are orders.

But, me....in  my 60s is not me in my 20s.  Totally different bloke on all fronts.  You?

Yet:

Link.

Quote:
A German court has convicted a 94-year-old former Auschwitz guard of being an accessory to the murder of 170,000 people, in what is likely to be one of the last Holocaust trials.

Quote:
In April, Hanning himself broke his silence, speaking for the first time about his time at Auschwitz in court.

Telling victims "I am sorry", he admitted to the court that he knew prisoners were being shot and gassed and that their bodies were burned at the camp.

He said he had been "silent all my life" about the atrocities because he felt deep shame, and had never spoken a word about it to his wife, children or grandchildren.

"I am ashamed that I let this injustice happen and did nothing to prevent it," he told the court.

What choice did he have?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: The ultimate Nazi atrocity dilemma.
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 11:49pm

I know a man whose father was a Nazi soldier who fought the Russians. Once, when riding a train, another soldier made a subtle sexual advance to his father and the father, without thought, did as he was trained, stood up, pointed at the gay soldier and let everyone on the train know exactly what had happened. The gay soldier was immediately taken off the train and shot in the head. My friend asked his father how he could have done such a terrible thing. The father had no answer other than that it was what he had been trained to do ...

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:17am by AiA »  

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:12am

The real secret is - if you are given an unlawful order....... do it first and complain afterwards.... refusal of a direct order could possibly have you shot or at least punished severely..

Thus spake the Australian Army in the 1960's....

The NAZIs are not alone...........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:24am

WWII is long over. While age should not be any barrier to prosecuting war criminals, the fact is that all the real criminals are dead and those left were very young and its time to call it quits for WWII war crimes.

There are plenty more recent war crimes  to occupy the SJWs.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:28am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:12am:
The real secret is - if you are given an unlawful order....... do it first and complain afterwards.... refusal of a direct order could possibly have you shot or at least punished severely..

Utter bollocks.. Obvious you have never spent any time in the ADF.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:31am

I wonder if Andrei's cousins should be held accountable for the deaths of innocent Palestinian children in Gaza and failing to act to stop it!

No Muhammad Alis  amongst them I suspect!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:34am

Aussie wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 11:29pm:
For me.

I hold the view that I am not now the same bloke I was when I did dumb sheet (as we all did) when I was in my 20s.  Mind you, I was never exposed personally to what happens in War and when/where orders are orders.

But, me....in  my 60s is not me in my 20s.  Totally different bloke on all fronts.  You?

Yet:

Link.

Quote:
A German court has convicted a 94-year-old former Auschwitz guard of being an accessory to the murder of 170,000 people, in what is likely to be one of the last Holocaust trials.

Quote:
In April, Hanning himself broke his silence, speaking for the first time about his time at Auschwitz in court.

Telling victims "I am sorry", he admitted to the court that he knew prisoners were being shot and gassed and that their bodies were burned at the camp.

He said he had been "silent all my life" about the atrocities because he felt deep shame, and had never spoken a word about it to his wife, children or grandchildren.

"I am ashamed that I let this injustice happen and did nothing to prevent it," he told the court.

What choice did he have?

Meh, only Jews. Would you feel different if they were knocking off curry munchers?

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:41am

The usual order seems to be break down where Ww2 is concerned. 

Usually, people would learn to not sweat the small stuff as time elapses, but with ww2, they get more petty the more time goes by.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:53am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:12am:

If you have something to say, spit it out,

Or shut thefkup you keyboard wanker wannabe

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:54am

... wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:41am:

Usually, people would learn to not sweat the small stuff as time elapses, but with ww2, they get more petty the more time goes by.

There have been many other incidents of genocide but only the Jews carry on about to the point of pursuing a 95 year old guard from a concentration camp 70 odd years after the event!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:54am

he was an Officer....had he not obeyed his orders he would have been sent to the front. everyone knows that..

we do have to punish those in Power that either commit or turn a blind eye to murder...and cruelty...you do realise this history happened in our life time....and there are still people alive who actually lived through those camps...

to pretend it didnt happen wouid be obscene

this man has had to live with this for many years...and with the knowledge it would all catch up with him one day....... even smells must have brought it all back as clear as day.......what a life...

its horrible but we cant walk away from it.. it must never ever happen again.....we are still experiencing pure and utter evil.... I read where ISIS buries their own alive ......nothing much changes..

but the holocaust  was many many millions. women and children.........remember they were not even the enemy.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:58am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:54am:

There have been many other incidents of genocide but only the Jews carry on about to the point of pursuing a 95 year old guard from a concentration camp 70 odd years after the event!

so if it had been Christians  instead of Jews...

and one of your family had been gassed in the camp... you would think like that red???....

let him go... why bother?..

can you tell me what other holocausts compare to the mass killing of jews.....during WW11...

I must have missed them.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 9:04am

cods wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:58am:
Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:54am:

so if it had been Christians  instead of Jews...

and one of your family had been gassed in the camp... you would think like that red???....

let him go... why bother?..

can you tell me what other holocausts compare to the mass killing of jews.....during WW11...

I must have missed them.

It would have happened if Israels Arab neighbors were successful when tried to push them into the sea.

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 9:05am

Aussie wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 11:29pm:
For me.

I hold the view that I am not now the same bloke I was when I did dumb sheet (as we all did) when I was in my 20s. 

WHY do people keep saying that?

Believe me, I didn't do any 'dumb poo' at that age. I was too busy working my arse off and going to bed early in order to recoup and have the stamina to face the next day.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 9:06am

What if it was your relations who were gassed to death in a Concentration Camp would you feel so well disposed towards him then?

Personally I would want him hung from the yardarm...even if he was 110.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 12
Send Topic Print