Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Muslims always tell us what they think (Read 37910 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Muslims always tell us what they think
Reply #60 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 8:18pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:57pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:41pm:
Not out of habit. I'm not a big fan of the old testament eye-for-an-eye type stuff.

How about The Inquisition, The Crusades, The (filthy rich) "Vatican," the entrenched institutionalised child sexual abuse just for starters?

You left out cornflakes Aussie.

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:28pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:28pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:20pm:
Lisa Brian once argued that it is wrong to criticise other religions or countries, to the point where it is not even possible.

FD, Brian needs to practise what he preaches.

Why?

ALL HE DOES IS CRITICIZE OTHER RELIGIONS AND COUNTRIES.

And that makes him a hypocrite!

Why?  How?  I tell the truth about Christianity and other countries.  You appear to be living in a fantasy world, Lisa, not I.    Roll Eyes

But you won't allow yourself to do the same for Islam. Why is that Brian?

freediver wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 6:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 15th, 2013 at 5:39pm:
Quote:
Is this the Islam you are so keen to defend with your "fair deal" nonsense, what about those who no longer believe in that bullshit barfed up by a 7th century desert bandit do they deserve a fair deal like article 18 of the Universal declaration of human rights?
Quote:
7 nations where atheism is punishable by death.
All 7 establish Islam as the state religion.
Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Iran,Afghanistan,Sudan,Mauritania and the Maldives
www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/10/the-seven-countries-where-...

I make no excuses for those nations and their laws, BV.  I merely recognise that it is their right to create and unfortunately impose those punishments.   It is terrible but I also recognise I have no right or ability to criticise them.  I am neither a member of their religion or a citizen of any of those nations.

Quote:
I have know many Muslims, Lisa.  I've served next to one in the Australian Army.  We rarely discussed religion.   I see nothing wrong with talking to Christians about Christianity and I see nothing wrong with talking to Muslims about Islam.

Have you ever done that Brian? You seem to avoid discussing the difficult parts of Islam like the plague.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #61 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 8:18pm

freediver wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 8:08pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:24pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:20pm:
Lisa Brian once argued that it is wrong to criticise other religions or countries, to the point where it is not even possible.

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:00pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:57pm:
Typical Brian thought process. Our opinions about Islam must have nothing to do with Islam, but basing them on another religion is fine.

Your opinions have been shown, time and time again, to have little to do with Islam but are rather all about your bigotry towards Islam and Muslims, FD.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So it is nothing to do with say, the most progressive Muslim we have ever had on here, a self identified reformer, arguing that 800 Jews deserved to die for being a mindless collective of treacherous Jews?

I only object to that because I am a bigot?

As Gandalf has shown, they are your words, not his, FD.  You use your own inflammatory language to describe what others have said, rather than their own words.   Does that make you a bigot and a liar?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is this me putting words into Gandalf's mouth Brian?

freediver wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 6:16pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 10:27am:
freediver wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 8:26am:
If you think these 800 people acted as some kind of mindless collective

Thats exactly what they were.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 8th, 2013 at 7:38pm:
Also the treachery of the jews had nothing to do with them refusing to help the muslims.
Simple facts FD.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 5th, 2013 at 3:11pm:
As I said, there was no real concept of individuality - your personality was literally defined by which tribe you belonged to. And the decisions that govern the tribe are very much decisions that are represented by all the individuals who make up the tribe. Thus there really is no question of collective guilt - no matter how abhorrent we find the term today.

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:48pm:
Muhammad had been burnt before by granting another traitorous tribe free passage to leave the city - upon which they immediately started plotting against Medina and instigating hostilities.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 4:08pm:
The leaders conspired - yes.

The rest of them had the opportunity to disown their treachery. They declined. So tough titties- off with their heads.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 28th, 2015 at 4:08pm:
What do you think the Banu Qurayza would have done to the muslims if their planned back-stabbing assault on Medina had succeeded?

polite_gandalf wrote on Dec 6th, 2013 at 2:05pm:
Like I keep saying, it is reasonable to accuse them of collective guilt, since at any time any individual had the opportunity to disassociate themselves from the decisions made on behalf of the tribe.

Freediver, that is dishonest.  Really.  There is an existing Thread where that matter is being thrashed out and you are coming second it in.  You now seek to transport that debate to here with just a cherry picked selection ("quote bombs") of posts from an entire Thread.  If Brian wants to come into it, he can do so here:

Link.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #62 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 8:23pm

Thanks for the link Aussie, otherwise people would have never figured out how to find the thread.

Do you agree with Brian that I am putting those words into Gandalf's mouth?

Why is it dishonest to quote people?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #63 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 3:27pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:15pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:04pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:42pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:14pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:07pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 1:44pm:
Why do you assume his views are typical of Australian Muslims?   Roll Eyes

Why do you 'assume' they aren't?

Don't they all read the same comic, the Koran?

I know they aren't 'cause I know many Muslims.

So, don't all Christians read the same "comic, The Bible"?   

Does not The Bible have exhortations to murder Gay people in it?   YES/NO   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NO!

Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9–10, and 1 Timothy 1:9–10.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
And unlike your bloody mere man Muhammed, our Son of God Jesus has commanded us to love everyone...INCLUDING OUR ENEMIES.

Funny, that isn't the attitude displayed by the most vehement of Christians here, Lisa, now is it?  Haven't you bothered to read Christianity according to Moses, FD, Sprintcyclist, etc?  It's all about hate.    Roll Eyes

Those Bible verses support what I'm saying.

They contradict everything you say.

Are you feeling a tad embarrassed now?

And furthermore, I'm not responsible for how you perceive others who post on OzPol.

I do however know that you know I am fair.

And right now I am talking to you.

You, me.

One on one.

Fair!

Now, show me where the verses which YOU'VE POSTED tell Christians to murder gay people.

Off you go.....

Take it up with the Christians who like to quote them, along with the Old Testament's exhortations against Homosexuality, Lisa.  I am not responsible for their interpretation of their holy book.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

For God's sake Brian, YOU posted these verses out of the New Testment...not me.

And you did so as evidence that we Christians are taught to murder gay people just like you Muslims do.

In essence, you ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT THESE VERSES IN THE NAME OF ISLAM by lying about what they stated.

How about you apologize for being so disrespectful and then you can apologize for your blatant lying.

And after that, how about you promise to never do it again.

Angry

Where's your apology "Brian"?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #64 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:03pm

Apology?  For what, Lisa?  Stating the truth?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #65 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:10pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 3:27pm:

Does not The Bible have exhortations to murder Gay people in it?   YES/NO   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NO!

Quote:
And unlike your bloody mere man Muhammed, our Son of God Jesus has commanded us to love everyone...INCLUDING OUR ENEMIES.

Funny, that isn't the attitude displayed by the most vehement of Christians here, Lisa, now is it?  Haven't you bothered to read Christianity according to Moses, FD, Sprintcyclist, etc?  It's all about hate.    Roll Eyes

And furthermore, I'm not responsible for how you perceive others who post on OzPol.

You, me.

One on one.

Fair!

Now, show me where the verses which YOU'VE POSTED tell Christians to murder gay people.

Off you go.....

Take it up with the Christians who like to quote them, along with the Old Testament's exhortations against Homosexuality, Lisa.  I am not responsible for their interpretation of their holy book.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And you did so as evidence that we Christians are taught to murder gay people just like you Muslims do.

In essence, you ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT THESE VERSES IN THE NAME OF ISLAM by lying about what they stated.

How about you apologize for being so disrespectful and then you can apologize for your blatant lying.

Angry

You can apologize for the following :

1. YOU posted verses out of the New Testament as evidence that we Christians are taught to murder gay people just like you Muslims do.

2. You ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT THESE VERSES IN THE NAME OF ISLAM by lying about what they stated. They state nothing about murdering gay people at all.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:13pm

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #67 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:15pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:10pm:

NO!

Quote:

You, me.

One on one.

Fair!

Off you go.....

Angry

1. YOU posted verses out of the New Testament as evidence that we Christians are taught to murder gay people just like you Muslims do.

2. You ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT THESE VERSES IN THE NAME OF ISLAM by lying about what they stated. They state nothing about murdering gay people at all. These are the verses YOU reckon support your claim that we Christians are like Muslims in that we believe gay people ought to be murdered :

Romans 1:26–27, 1 Corinthians 6:9–10, and 1 Timothy 1:9–10.

Where's your apology you lying deceitful troll!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #68 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:23pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:15pm:

Apology?  For what?  That you have a foul mouth and you continually, liberally heap insults on my head because you cannot read and that you don't understand your own religion?

What happened to, "we love everybody", Lisa?  You claimed that was what Christians were taught, yet its rather obvious by now that you don't love me, nor does it seem you love Muslims for some bigoted reason.

When you grow up, I might take notice of you, Lisa.  Until then, off you go, back to the little kiddies playground, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #69 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:24pm

NO!

Quote:

You, me.

One on one.

Fair!

Off you go.....

Angry

2. You ATTEMPTED TO PERVERT THESE VERSES IN THE NAME OF ISLAM by lying about what they stated. They state nothing about murdering gay people at all. These are the verses YOU reckon support your claim that we Christians are like Muslims in that we believe gay people ought to be murdered :

Up!

Your blatant lies are staring at you right in the face!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:26pm

Apology?  For what?  That you have a foul mouth and you continually, liberally heap insults on my head because you cannot read and that you don't understand your own religion?

What happened to, "we love everybody", Lisa?  You claimed that was what Christians were taught, yet its rather obvious by now that you don't love me, nor does it seem you love Muslims for some bigoted reason.

When you grow up, I might take notice of you, Lisa.  Until then, off you go, back to the little kiddies playground, OK?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #71 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:30pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:24pm:

NO!

Quote:

You, me.

One on one.

Fair!

Off you go.....

Angry

Up!

Your blatant lies are staring at you right in the face!

Up for FD.

BY ALL MEANS FD, ENJOY!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #72 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:32pm

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #73 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:39pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:32pm:

Have you made even one on topic post about the actual video?

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #74 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:46pm

GordyL wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:39pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 4:32pm:

Have you made even one on topic post about the actual video?

Yes.  I'll leave you to figure out which ones, Gordy.  Enjoy yourself.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31
Send Topic Print