Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Out of Egypt have I called my son (Read 2277 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Out of Egypt have I called my son
Jun 22nd, 2016 at 11:07am

Out of Egypt have I called my son

Aussie wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 7:03pm:
Quote:
Homosexuals among the ancient Israelites, were to be put to death,
....because they had broken their covenant with their God, TO BE A HOLY PEOPLE.

Dunno why you are shouting.

It is clear that 'God' wanted poofs murdered.

Simple as that.

The God of the ancient Israelites entered into a solemn covenant with all of the people whom he redeemed from captivity and slavery in Egypt [Egypt = = a land of [spiritual] darkness].

And the God of Israel stipulated, in that covenant, with the people of ancient Israel, that those persons who blatantly betrayed, disregarded, and broke, their holy covenant with their God [by engaging in unholy behaviour], must be put to death.

"It is clear that 'God' wanted poofs murdered.  Simple as that."

No, it is even simpler than that.

Blatant covenant breakers, by assent and mutual agreement [cited Exodus 19:8], were to be put to death.

In the people of the ancient Israelites, God wanted to have a relationship with a people who God himself, could define as moral and spiritually clean.            [see Deuteronomy 4:7-8]

That exact desire, of God our creator [which was revealed in the O.T.], was also restated again, and again, in the New Testament.

2 Timothy 2:19
....the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19  Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14  As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Luke 13:27
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 6:19
....know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Proverbs 10:29
The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 21:15
It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Psalms 25:8
Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Out of Egypt have I called my son
Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 11:08am

Psalms 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Are we ?

If we are, or if we want to be, then how do we demonstrate that desire ?

Exodus 4:22
And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

Hosea 11:1
When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

Matthew 2:15
And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

2 Corinthians 6:15
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16  And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Malachi 3:7
Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

Hosea 3:5
Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Numbers 16:5
And he spake unto Korah and unto all his company, saying, Even to morrow the LORD will shew who are his, and who is holy; and will cause him to come near unto him: even him whom he hath chosen will he cause to come near unto him.

Exodus 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

Exodus 29:45
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Exodus 29:46
And they shall know that I am the LORD their God, that brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, that I may dwell among them: I am the LORD their God.

Leviticus 11:44
For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy:....

Leviticus 19:2
Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

'God is a spirit...'

Leviticus 26:12
...I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Numbers 5:3
...in the midst whereof I dwell.

Numbers 16:22
.....O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh,....

Deuteronomy 4:20
But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

Deuteronomy 32:9
...the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

1 Kings 6:13
And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:09am

This is not philosophy.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 11:17am

issuevoter wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 6:09am:

This is not philosophy.

Yes it is.

Dictionary;
philosophy = = the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.     a set of theories of a particular philosopher.

Is there a creator God ?

Did the creator God have a relationship with a people who today, we identify as the ancient Israelites ?

Q.
What was the nature of that relationship ?

A.
It was an exclusive relationship.            see, Deuteronomy 32:8-9

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1466384794/228#228
Quote:

So, Yada, you're espousing the murdering of gays and lesbians?

How does that make you any different to the Islamists who carry out the same against gays and lesbians?

Q.
Did the God of the ancient Israelites permit and encourage the slaughter of persons who were not in a relationship with him [i.e. BECAUSE, they were not in a relationship with him] ?

A.
No.

AS PER.....

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1441760279/2#2
Quote:

---------- >

As the bible itself testifies;

The ancient Hebrews had no sanction from their God, to murder or to harm, those who were not Hebrews.

The ancient Hebrews had no sanction from their God, to oppress or to harm people, because they were Gentiles.

+++

Exodus 12:49
One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Exodus 22:21
Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him...

Exodus 23:9
Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger...

Leviticus 19:33
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself...

n.b.
.....and thou shalt love him as thyself

Leviticus 25:47-49
[these verses clearly speak of [and reveal that it was entirely 'lawful'] for Hebrews [themselves] to become bond servants [slaves], to prosperous strangers living among the Hebrews.]

Deuteronomy 1:16
And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
For the LORD your God... loveth the stranger, ...Love ye therefore the stranger:
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 24:17
Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow's raiment to pledge:
18  But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.

Deuteronomy 27:19
Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print