Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Why not ban all Muslims coming to Australia? (Read 9976 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Why not ban all Muslims coming to Australia?
Reply #105 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:40pm:
Grendel wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 8:35pm:
I suppose the question should be asked....  why do they come to Australia and not an ISLAMIC STATE

Better job opportunities?
Better education for their kids?
Better home to live in?
Not going (normally) to be roused in the middle of the night and shot by the authorities.

Many reason, as to why and all are legitimate and fair, Grendel.   They are the same reasons why your ancestors came to Australia.

To live a better life and be safe.

Yes, but I think you’ll find Grendel’s ancestors were white.

Chalk and cheese, innit.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #106 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:57pm

I suppose the question should be asked....  why do they come to Australia and not an ISLAMIC STATE

Better home to live in?
Not going (normally) to be roused in the middle of the night and shot by the authorities.

Many reason, as to why and all are legitimate and fair, Grendel.   They are the same reasons why your ancestors came to Australia.

Yet they refuse to integrate when in Australia and choose to live in ghettoes of their own kind?
Why should we put up with them?

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #107 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:59pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:53pm:

Better home to live in?

Chalk and cheese, innit.

Half the problem in today's society is you can't mention immigration controls and risk reduction without some fool yelling racism.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 6:54pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 6:45pm:
But you wouldnt stand on an open field during an electrical storm unless you were totally stupid Brian.

And what "electrical storm" is happening, Rhino?

I feel utterly safe walking down the street.   I feel utterly safe getting on an aeroplane.  I feel utterly safe, yes, standing in the middle of a field (sans electrical storm).

You are more likely to be struck by lightning than you are to encounter a Muslim terrorist in the streets of Australia.    Roll Eyes

the irony is that the son of a friend of mine was struck and killed by lightning this years in adelaide in January. And yet there has still not been a terrorist attack here.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:12pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:38pm:
[
And as I have pointed out, such a law would be declared unlawful as per Section 116 of the Constitution.

wrong.  Only prohibits the government from making laws prohibiting practise of religion in Australia and does not apply to foreign citizens. You keep failing at this Brian.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:38pm

Better home to live in?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #111 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:44pm

Better home to live in?

Yes but my ancestors were culturally compatible.  All you are saying is we are a soft touch for them and that our society is better than theirs or any other Islamic State....  gee bwian why would that be?

Why wouldn't they prefer a more culturally acceptable society/country to live in?  Oh right because we offer them more. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  So they come here because they are greedy?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #112 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:48pm

We have to make them not want to come here.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #113 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:49pm

Why not ban all Muslims coming to Australia?

And deprive the Liberal party of an election campaign ?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:53pm:

Better home to live in?

Chalk and cheese, innit.

Ah Lamo the racist speaks again...  sorry Islam is not  a race Lamo didn't you know?
I don't speak in colours like you, did they teach you that in the racist Islamic Youth Movement?
Listen Lamo, you and bwian should just get a room and leave the rest of us in peace.
No matter how often you two lie about me or try to claim I'm racist, you will always fail.  Because its a lie. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #115 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 11:06pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:44pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 8:14pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 7:13pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 6:36pm:
You really all must be very terrified that you're going to be struck by lightning...   Roll Eyes

1,200 people killed on our roads last year, yet sir Bobby never thinks twice about getting in his Mum's car.

Moreover, he never condemns drunk drivers or speeders.

However, when he sees a woman in a burqa, he crosses the road and pees his pants.

Strange.

My late mother died 10 years ago.

Drunk drivers who kill people should be hanged - it's murder.

I can't help having Islamophobia - you shouldn't make fun of people with such conditions.

It’s not your fault, Bobbie, you just don’t like dirty, tinted Muslims.

I don't like religious nuts who want to kill me because I

don't believe in their chosen sky fairy.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #116 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 11:23pm

rhino wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:12pm:
[
And as I have pointed out, such a law would be declared unlawful as per Section 116 of the Constitution.

wrong.  Only prohibits the government from making laws prohibiting practise of religion in Australia and does not apply to foreign citizens. You keep failing at this Brian.

You are probably starting to see why nobody could be bothered with Brian's forum which is lucky to have one person there.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #117 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 11:29pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 11:23pm:
rhino wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 10:12pm:
[

You are probably starting to see why nobody could be bothered with Brian's forum which is lucky to have one person there.

Brian is a 'person' !?           Shocked

I was convinced that 'he' was a malicious bot.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #118 - Jul 23rd, 2016 at 11:51pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 6:03pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 4:38pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 4:32pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 1:05pm:
Because it is unconstitutional to discriminate against religious beliefs and cannot possibly work in practice....How do you know someone is a Muslim???

Huh Huh Huh

My point precisely. How do you define 'Muslim'? this is a Christian country and yet few on here would claim obedience or submission to Christ. Likewise, most Muslims are so by name only.

You seam to be a lot more objective since your return Longy....Not that I have ever had a problem debating with you....Welcome back and come out swinging!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

This place just sucks up too much of my time. I published one book and one short book during my absence. And it is not like I am debating with bright people.  There are a lot of posters here who would struggle to pass a basic literacy and numeracy test and several who wouldnt pass a psych eval.

IM not referring to you. I disagree with you a lot, but you are not a numnuts like a lot.

Fair enough....I just like to challenge my own rusted on beliefs which you oblige!!!

Cheerz Longy!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

With a bit of humour if possible!!!

A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time.
Alfred E. Wiggam

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #119 - Jul 24th, 2016 at 12:33am

Gordon wrote on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 9:47pm:

Better home to live in?

Centerlinks  Cheesy

Try "Centrelink"...

As they would be migrating to become citizens, they would be entitled to the full range of Social Security benefits.   Personally, I don't have a problem with that.   Obviously you do.  Do you have a problem with your fellow Australians from sourcing those benefits?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Send Topic Print