Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Send Topic Print
Invasion Day and Terra Nullius (Read 24971 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Invasion Day and Terra Nullius
Reply #135 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:07pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:01pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 7:55pm:
Hey aussie, OZ day tomorrow, OZ is not "dominantly islam" yet much to your regret, off to your local mosque for a few pork snags I take it.

Nah, I'll be driving the Cab as I always give 'my' drivers every public holiday, the day off.  I fill their shift.

Nasty of me, I know.

If Australia becomes dominantly Islam stiff, that was your statement, do you stand by that or do you wish to retract that before Australia day.

No.  Why should I?  Have you heard of the latest thing?  Apparently, it's a ripper.   New fandangled Greek thing they say....something called 'democracy.'  Have you heard about it?  Can you help me out with what it means?

Democracy has kept us reasonably safe so far but times are a changing, never before have muslim invasions world wide been such a problem, Trump is the start of the solution, I trust democracy its all we have, left wing types are getting their just deserves.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #136 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:07pm

I wonder if Aussie is also running a deliveroo crew?

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:30pm

Aussie doesn't give a damn, we could all be muslim or dead. I think that is how that religion works, where do I sign up.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:45pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:30pm:
Aussie doesn't give a damn, we could all be muslim or dead. I think that is how that religion works, where do I sign up.

How is it that you blokes do not get it?  Really?  Think about it, especially on the eve of 'Australia Day.'

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:52pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:45pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 25th, 2017 at 9:30pm:

How is it that you blokes do not get it?  Really?  Think about it, especially on the eve of 'Australia Day.'

A re-education and a re-alignment of your allegiances may do wonders for your outlook in future.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #140 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:55am

many blessings ,

back to ontopic banter ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4155042/Aboriginal-activist-burns-flag-A...

Should this be allowed? The moment Aboriginal activist sets fire to the national flag then STOMPS on the burning ashes in a Sydney square on the eve of Australia Day

Man sets Australian flag on fire while standing on Aboriginal flag drawing
The incident occurred in the Sydney suburb of Newtown, just a day January 26
This date refers to Australia Day, which some people refer to as 'Invasion Day'
It's understood the man featured is an activist campaigning for Aboriginal rights

This is the moment a man was filmed setting the Australian flag alight while standing on top of a spray painted Aboriginal flag.
The incident occurred in the Sydney suburb of Newtown, just one day before Australia Day on January 26, the anniversary of the arrival in 1788 of the first British fleet.
It's understood the man featured in the footage is an activist campaigning for Aboriginal rights.
He can be seen standing on top of the spray painted Aboriginal flag which featured phrases such as 'decolonise', '229 years' and '#KeepTheFireBurning'.

Police arrived at the scene but the group behind the protest had dispersed, no arrests were made

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #141 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 4:54am

What Rights?

How about rounding up these protestors ... taking them to Sydney's Mascot airport for a flight to the Northern Territory ... and from there 'bussing' them to a very remote area far from any evidence of civilisation.

And then, under police supervision, have them stripped of their Western clothes and given a Tea Towel each with a length of string ... and then a spear and a nulla nulla each ... and then left for 3 months to live as their ancestors did before 'Whitey' arrived.

And then bring what's left of them back to Sydney.

And then sit them down in a university lecture hall and, using a projector and a laser-pointer, itemise for them all that they enjoy today by way of the conveniences and improvements that are owed to the civilisation that is represented by that flag they burned.

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 5:07am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #142 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:32am

!!!

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #143 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 8:04am

issuevoter wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 6:32am:
!!!

.. and then transport them all to Aquascoot's Horse Farm for further instruction on why playing the Victimhood Card whilst standing in the middle of the world's best country is a little ungrateful and is the sort of beta-minus behaviour for girly-men who burn flags.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 9:59am

I've read your comments. From Australia was better off colonised by the British to aren't the happy Indigenous folk doing better and i wonder how you can so spectacularly missed the point.

Th British colonised this country. They did so brutally. Any suggestion of how other people may have made it worse is moot. It is not worthy of academia. It is moot.

The British tore families apart. Disected human beings to send samples home to Mother England. Massacred countless of people. Drove people off their lands. Set them up in reservations where they exploited them. Stole children. Put people in chains. Made people work for nothing. Indentured them but didn't give them the right to vote.

Utterly decimated them.

Exploited them.

Sent their body parts back to England as curiosities.

And today. 2017. I read this thread and i think none of you have any respect for the First Australians. No matter how well some of them have done No matter the great accomplishments, despite all odds, some have managed to pull off.

You'r all stuck on the worst case scenario.

And those worst case scenario are overblown. There is more good than there is bad. To their indescribable credit.

I don;t evr hear on this forum people talking about the success stories.

Imagine, going from hunter gatherer to professor in 200 years. To business mogul. To real state developer. To Olympian. To film maker. To politician.

All done and dusted. DESPITE adversity.

The First Australians are a proud and wonderful people. Certainly there are significant problems but those problems don't define the main.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:04am

it_is_the_light wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 3:55am:
many blessings ,

back to ontopic banter ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4155042/Aboriginal-activist-burns-flag-A...

Should this be allowed? The moment Aboriginal activist sets fire to the national flag then STOMPS on the burning ashes in a Sydney square on the eve of Australia Day

Man sets Australian flag on fire while standing on Aboriginal flag drawing
The incident occurred in the Sydney suburb of Newtown, just a day January 26
This date refers to Australia Day, which some people refer to as 'Invasion Day'
It's understood the man featured is an activist campaigning for Aboriginal rights

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/25/08/3C7C981A00000578-4155042-image-a-4_...

This is the moment a man was filmed setting the Australian flag alight while standing on top of a spray painted Aboriginal flag.
The incident occurred in the Sydney suburb of Newtown, just one day before Australia Day on January 26, the anniversary of the arrival in 1788 of the first British fleet.
It's understood the man featured in the footage is an activist campaigning for Aboriginal rights.
He can be seen standing on top of the spray painted Aboriginal flag which featured phrases such as 'decolonise', '229 years' and '#KeepTheFireBurning'.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/25/10/3C7CFEEB00000578-4155042-image-m-20...

Police arrived at the scene but the group behind the protest had dispersed, no arrests were made

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/25/08/3C7C9D9C00000578-4155042-image-a-1_...

I find it sickening to see anyones flag burnt the height of disrespect... I am sure they are all happy to take whatever they can from the supporters of the flag though...

as it is all it does is turn me against any aboriginal protest...I think.. they dont respect me or this country..

why would I respect them..

simple really!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:08am

I noticed a few white abos participating in the protest.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #147 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:11am

Mr Hammer wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:08am:
I noticed a few white abos participating in the protest.

So did I.

They shouldn't stay out in the sun too long or they'll get sun-burn and maybe melanomas.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #148 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:13am

cods wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:04am:
I find it sickening to see anyones flag burnt the height of disrespect... I am sure they are all happy to take whatever they can from the supporters of the flag though...

as it is all it does is turn me against any aboriginal protest...I think.. they dont respect me or this country..

why would I respect them..

simple really!

It's only a small bunch of them, codsey - by no means all.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 10:15am

Th British colonised this country. They did so brutally. Any suggestion of how other people may have made it worse is moot. It is not worthy of academia. It is moot.

The British tore families apart. Disected human beings to send samples home to Mother England. Massacred countless of people. Drove people off their lands. Set them up in reservations where they exploited them. Stole children. Put people in chains. Made people work for nothing. Indentured them but didn't give them the right to vote.

Utterly decimated them.

Exploited them.

Sent their body parts back to England as curiosities.

ye gods...

AUstralia was founded on convicts/criminals ..

so yes an awful lot of bad people..made a lot of bad mistakes...but even this sounds over the top historically.....

do we ever expect anything to heal...when all people do is claim all the problems were one way... Angry Angry

no one living was there...probably very few could actually write the history as it was being played out..

so a lot is by word of mouth..

even N ed Kelly has become a HERO today... nothing at all to do with  reality..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Send Topic Print