Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
hi vic (Read 8834 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Re: hi vic
Reply #60 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:36pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 8:18pm:
]If [/highlight]you are going to have a vote, best that be public, not secret.  Everyone needs to be assured the process is pure, and the only way to achieve that in places like this is with an open vote.

So says the man who brought in his cabbie buddies to PA en masse to vote for himself ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:38pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:34pm:
Bobby’s ONE departure from the ice age and he stuffs it up.

Bobby will be a dictator, will kill the Environment board. Maybe that is what FD wants, who knows?

Did you see how Bobby reacted to being shown his idea for solar cells under very high voltage lines was a stupid idea? Now imagine him being Mod. He acted exactly the same when shown that his second fave topic, thorium, was little different from uranium. Total intolerance, total unwillingness to accept he was wrong.

Hardly anyone posts there regularly yet everyone gets a vote?

Sorry, if this sewer rubbish goes ahead I will not be here. I do not like the smell of poop. I came back initially to stir Bobby a bit. Then I thought the Environment is an important board I will stay and see if a good choice—not necessarily me—is appointed Mod I will post in environment.

If sewer poop comes here I am out. This election is a stupid idea, only to be expected, I am afraid, from someone like Vic.

Not for me.

I don't give a turd who is the moderator of Environment but with your reputation Monk as a drama queen who flounces everytime he doesn't get his way, I suspect the GMods would be wary of you moderating anything, ever, again ...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #62 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:39pm

AiA wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:36pm:
]If [/highlight]you are going to have a vote, best that be public, not secret.  Everyone needs to be assured the process is pure, and the only way to achieve that in places like this is with an open vote.

So says the man who brought in his cabbie buddies to PA en masse to vote for himself ...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 6:57am

Agnes wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:39pm:
AiA wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:36pm:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

truly ironic!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #64 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 7:56am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 10:34pm:
Bobby’s ONE departure from the ice age and he stuffs it up.

Bobby will be a dictator, will kill the Environment board. Maybe that is what FD wants, who knows?

Did you see how Bobby reacted to being shown his idea for solar cells under very high voltage lines was a stupid idea? Now imagine him being Mod. He acted exactly the same when shown that his second fave topic, thorium, was little different from uranium. Total intolerance, total unwillingness to accept he was wrong.

Hardly anyone posts there regularly yet everyone gets a vote?

Sorry, if this sewer rubbish goes ahead I will not be here. I do not like the smell of poop.
I came back initially to stir Bobby a bit.
Then I thought the Environment is an important board I will stay and see if a good choice—not necessarily me—is appointed Mod I will post in environment.

If sewer poop comes here I am out. This election is a stupid idea, only to be expected, I am afraid, from someone like Vic.

Not for me.

Admission of trolling and showing no remorse.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #65 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 8:21am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 9:15pm:
So, knowledge of the field, not important.

Tolerance to different points of view, not important.

Neither you nor Vic have thought about this at all, have you?

The Largest Solar Plant thread showed that poor old Bobby doesn’t know much about the environment. So as Mod when he runs into information he hasn’t a clue about? I think Bobby will be deleting posts and banning people in that situation.

I hope Vic can now see his suggestion was idiotic?

As has been stated before on here you don't have to be an expert in the field to mod the board.  If that were the case I would suggest most of the Member Run Board Mods would be ineligible to run their boards.  The selection of Moderator will be done in accordance with the Board Owners wishes.  If you don't like it - then let me know and I can delete your name.    

As to tolerance to different points of view, I would suggest you would be one of the least to fit that description.     Your destruction of the Fermentations Board was testament to that, and your continued denigration of other posters both here and in your own board shows your true colours.     I will be voting also as a user on the board and you would be the last person I would select to run ANY board on this forum.

The board users are being given the opportunity to select who the majority would like to see run the Environment Board rather than the Board Owner selecting who he thinks would do the job.    The poll itself is limited by the design of the software so it won't be open unless there is some feature that I am not aware of that can do that.     As much scrutiny as possible will be applied to ensure socks aren't used to contaminate the poll and as a last, just remember some people may not want whomever they voted for made public.

This way appears to be the best for all purposes.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2018 at 8:31am by Vic »  

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #66 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:22am

I completely disagree on a secret Poll.  That means every Member is 100% reliant on you GMods to get the decisions right and I am pretty sure you do not have the confidence of the entire Forum Membership to do that.  Do it in open and all questions, all doubt is removed.

And, who gets to vote?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:42am

Aussie wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:22am:
I completely disagree on a secret Poll.  That means every Member is 100% reliant on you GMods to get the decisions right and I am pretty sure you do not have the confidence of the entire Forum Membership to do that.  Do it in open and all questions, all doubt is removed.

And, who gets to vote?

While I am on the subject......I disagree on the position being filled by vote.  I used to support the notion, and did so for years, but I have come to the conclusion that one of the factors which led to the eventual virtual destruction of the sewer was that notion....ultimately, it leads to tribalism and is very divisive.  The outcome is there for all to see.....the place is left with the remnants of one Tribe and everyone else has departed or been banished from the place.

The very initial decision of who gets to vote is the beginning of that divisiveness.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #68 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:49am

For God's sake get over yourself.  The only person who ever tried to stack a vote at PA was yourself.  Twice since I have been there!!  Once with cabbies who had never even heard of PA but joined to vote and once by you begging members from OP to go there and vote.  Which is naturally why only you see a vote as potentially corrupt.

This Environment Mod business has become extremely petty and nasty and giving all members a choice seems to me to be a fair way to go.

The candidate you are lobbying for would have a far better chance this way anyway as if you keep lobbying to leave the decision solely up to FD I very much doubt he would repeat the same mistake of the past twice.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #69 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:53am

Black Orchid wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:49am:
For God's sake get over yourself.  The only person who ever tried to stack a vote at PA was yourself.  Twice since I have been there!!  Once with cabbies who had never even heard of PA but joined to vote and once by you begging members from OP to go there and vote.  Which is naturally why only you see a vote as potentially corrupt.

This Environment Mod business has become extremely petty and nasty and giving all members a choice seems to me to be a fair way to go.

The candidate you are lobbying for would have a far better chance this way anyway as if you keep lobbying to leave the decision solely up to FD I very much doubt he would repeat the same mistake of the past twice.

Well stated!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #70 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:55am

I have been lobbying for no-one.  Why do you so blatantly lie?

And yes.....I did get people to join in the lead up to votes.  You could call that stacking, but it was necessary as I was playing against a stacked deck.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:10am

Vic wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:53am:

Well stated!

See my strike outs.  What has been struck out is entirely irrelevant.  All that is left is a mere opinion of one person backed up with no facts or reasons.  It also fails to address my points about destructive division and franchise.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #72 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 11:59am

Aussie wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:55am:
I have been lobbying for no-one. 

When was the last time we saw your balls?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 12:55pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:55am:

I have been lobbying for no-one.  Why do you so blatantly lie?

And yes.....I did get people to join in the lead up to votes.  You could call that stacking, but it was necessary as I was playing against a stacked deck.

\\

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

this git sure has a dose of Pot an d Kettle...ohhh the irony....

he thinks two wrongs make a right... good one.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and he supports/lobbies for  no one.

wonder what he thinks all his comments on bobby  means.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

seriously I wanna cry!  these are grown men talking.....OMG.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 12:56pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:10am:
Vic wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 9:53am:

Well stated!

See my strike outs.  What has been struck out is entirely irrelevant.  All that is left is a mere opinion of one person backed up with no facts or reasons.  It also fails to address my points about destructive division and franchise.

crap!

ok guys how about we strike out all aussie posts from n ow on

see how he likes it.. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print