Jan 21st, 2018 at 9:04pm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Quintis bites the dust
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 9:55pm

Another failed top end agriculture experiment.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 10:06pm

The sandalwood will survive, Quintis was an appalling run company.

The smart investors will snap up the plantations at bargain basement prices and most likely do well out of them.

Quintis had no cost controls, no decent agronomy taking place,, I could go on and on about the companies deficiencies.

I just hope its not going to be scooped up by the Chinese,,, just because they may have been part of the Quintis problem. I would hate to think that the Chinese planned the downfall of Quintis, so they could scoop it up for a bargain.
One of the marketing plans in China got roadblocked and was part of the Quintis downfall.
But mostly, the management was woeful from the top down.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2018 at 10:25pm

Oops - that was Quint.......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 8:55am

miketrees wrote on Jan 21st, 2018 at 10:06pm:
The sandalwood will survive, Quintis was an appalling run company.

The smart investors will snap up the plantations at bargain basement prices and most likely do well out of them.

Quintis had no cost controls, no decent agronomy taking place,, I could go on and on about the companies deficiencies.

I just hope its not going to be scooped up by the Chinese,,, just because they may have been part of the Quintis problem. I would hate to think that the Chinese planned the downfall of Quintis, so they could scoop it up for a bargain.
One of the marketing plans in China got roadblocked and was part of the Quintis downfall.
But mostly, the management was woeful from the top down.

What does that say about shareholder Representative John Allen who supports former chief executive Frank Wilson & his resurrection plan?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 1:50pm

"Directors of the cash-strapped company said today they had called in administrators from KordaMentha following Friday’s decision by a US fund manager to exercise an option demanding Quintis buy back $37 million of sandalwood plantations."

"Quintis admitted today that it actually reached agreement on the outline of a recapitalisation in November but final binding terms could not be agreed between the noteholders and the new equity investors."

https://thewest.com.au/business/quintis-collapse-investors-left-with-thousands-o...

There have been suggestions the note holder may buy the company cheaply leaving investors out in the cold.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2018 at 10:55pm

There have been suggestions the note holder may buy the company cheaply leaving investors out in the cold.

Good chance.

My description of the management being woeful has been demonstrated quite well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print