Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
NRA Donations Triple!!! (Read 6610 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: NRA Donations Triple!!!
Reply #30 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:45am

Colorado: Senate Passes Magazine Ban Repeal Legislation

Source:      
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
Yesterday, the Colorado Senate passed pro-gun legislation Senate Bill 52.

Senate Bill 52, sponsored by Senator Owen Hill, and Representatives Lori Saine and Stephen Humphrey, seeks to repeal the misguided 2013 law that limited the amount of ammunition a firearm magazine can hold.  By removing this restriction, law-abiding Coloradans are not limited in their ability to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Thank you to NRA members and Second Amendment supporters who contacted their lawmakers in support of this important legislation.

In Unity there is Strength............Generous Contributions to the NRA are hard at work doing America a Patriotic Duty,  Protecting & Defending the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, which ensures ALL of America's Rights & Freedoms.....not just the Individual Right to Keep & Bear Arms free of governmental infringement!

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:56am

Panther wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:20am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:17am:
Panther, I'm curious. Why would Australians donate online to a US lobby group? 

The NRA supports & lobbies for gun rights, directly & indirectly, in many countries besides the USA...... Even in the United Nations ......because the NRA is International, & has been for over 20 years.....The NRA has been a recognized Non-Governmental Organization at the United Nations since 1996.  Wink

So why wouldn't you donate to an Australian lobby group or political party?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #32 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:20pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 11:56am:

The NRA supports & lobbies for gun rights, directly & indirectly, in many countries besides the USA...... Even in the United Nations ......because the NRA is International, & has been for over 20 years.....The NRA has been a recognized Non-Governmental Organization at the United Nations since 1996.  Wink

Shocked Ohh Please!!!!  Shocked......Our Political Parties are not trustworthy at all when it comes to using finances properly/as intended by the donors, & for that matter I have yet to find an Australian Lobbing group, regarding anti-gun control, worthy of my dollars....

Another reason I wholeheartedly support the
NRA
the Anti-Gun politicians hate their influence here in Australia
!!!

I know the NRA, & the fine work they have done for Pro-Firearms efforts in the past, & personally would trust them with my life!

« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:28pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:28pm

Panther wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:20pm:

Shocked Ohh Please!!!!  Shocked......Our Political Parties are not trustworthy at all when it comes to using finances properly/as intended by the donors, & for that matter I have yet to find an Australian Lobbing group, regarding anti-gun control, worthy of my dollars....

I know the NRA, & the fine work they have done for Pro-Firearms efforts in the past, & personally would trust them with my life!

How are the NRA, a US lobby group, going to do what the Shooting & Fishing Party in Australia can't?

If you donate to the NRA, your money is going to finance the campaigns of US Republicans - that's it.

So I'm curious. Do you donate to the Republican Party in the hope that they'll change Australian laws?

Why or why not?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #34 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:32pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:28pm:

How are the NRA, a US lobby group, going to do what the Shooting & Fishing Party in Australia can't?

If you donate to the NRA, your money is going to finance the campaigns of US Republicans - that's it.

So I'm curious. Do you donate to the Republican Party in the hope that they'll change Australian laws?

Why or why not?

NRA

the Australian Anti-Gun politicians hate their strong influence in Australia
!!!

Quote:
If you donate to the NRA, your money is going to finance the campaigns of US Republicans -
that's it.

Your proof of that??

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:57pm

Panther wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:32pm:

Why or why not?

NRA

!!!

Quote:
If you donate to the NRA, your money is going to finance the campaigns of US Republicans -
that's it.

Your proof of that??

Don't want to answer the question?

Why or why not?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #36 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 1:38pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:57pm:

Why or why not?

NRA

!!!

Quote:
that's it.

Your proof of that??

Why or why not?

Q#1....I do not see the Shooting & Fishing Party in Australia anywhere near as effective as compared to the NRA, & like I already answered, to say it more bluntly, IMHO the SFP lacks the muscle needed to effectuate "radical" (by Australian standards) firearm law change. Wink

Q#2.....See the above, & when you provide your proof to back up your statement, I will answer you directly, based on your answer. Wink

Q#3......
I'd see no point in that, as you already know my feelings pertaining to the trustworthiness of political parties. Wink

Now, please reply to my simple request for proof......well simple if you have proof, impossible if you don't have any verifiable proof.  Wink  ...
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2018 at 1:45pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #37 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 2:13pm

The ownership of heavy weapons seems to vary from state to state. I do not oppose the ownership of firearms, but I do believe in control the type, availability, and the qualification for a citizen to bear arms. This idea that you should be able to buy a gun and ammunition just because you are old enough, has had its day.

The problem with the NRA's policy is that they are simply too paranoid to believe any limitation on the ownership of what they think constitutes a "firearm," can be taken out of their hands. Consequently, they use their voting block to legitimize their paranoia.

Some years ago their Florida members held so much political power that they had the law change to allow anyone to carry a firearm in public. The state went off it rocker, with people walking the streets armed like Western desperadoes from 1878.
The law had to be repealed before things got ugly. Its a perfect example of why the NRA are a bunch children, and it led to, guess what? Answer: Gun Control, and the police did not go around disarming gun owners, the way the paranoid NRA predicted.

So Panther, when you say God Bless the NRA, does that mean you believe in the God of Abraham with whom God spoke in the form of a burning bush? That would put you in league with Light Boy and Gandalf.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 2:28pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 2:13pm:
The ownership of heavy weapons seems to vary from state to state. I do not oppose the ownership of firearms, but I do believe in control the type, availability, and the qualification for a citizen to bear arms. This idea that you should be able to buy a gun and ammunition just because you are old enough, has had its day.

The problem with the NRA's policy is that they are simply too paranoid to believe any limitation on the ownership of what they think constitutes a "firearm," can be taken out of their hands. Consequently, they use their voting block to legitimize their paranoia.

Some years ago their Florida members held so much political power that they had the law change to allow anyone to carry a firearm in public. The state went off it rocker, with people walking the streets armed like Western desperadoes from 1878.
The law had to be repealed before things got ugly. Its a perfect example of why the NRA are a bunch children, and it led to, guess what? Answer: Gun Control, and the police did not go around disarming gun owners, the way the paranoid NRA predicted.

So Panther, when you say God Bless the NRA, does that mean you believe in the God of Abraham with whom God spoke in the form of a burning bush? That would put you in league with Light Boy and Gandalf.

Panther's idiocy DOES put him in the same league as those crazies.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #39 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 2:51pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 2:13pm:

True, Full "Open Carry" is banned in Florida, & only SIX (6) other US States, & Full "Open Carry" is restricted, but allowed, in 8 others......leaving 36 States that allow FULL OPEN CARRY.

Actually, Open Carry is might be permitted in Florida, but only in very 'tight' circumstances:

Quote:
Open carry when on foot in a public area is generally illegal, but is permitted in certain circumstances, as defined by Florida statute 790.25(3). For example, open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, gun shows, or while shooting, and while going to and from such activities.

➤ As far as God Bless the NRA......Choose any God you personally prefer & or subscribe to, personally, I leave my request open to any & all those within listening/viewing range....  Grin Grin Grin

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:43pm

Panther wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 1:38pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:57pm:

Why or why not?

NRA

!!!

Quote:
that's it.

Your proof of that??

Why or why not?

Q#1....I do not see the Shooting & Fishing Party in Australia anywhere near as effective as compared to the NRA, & like I already answered, to say it more bluntly, IMHO the SFP lacks the muscle needed to effectuate "radical" (by Australian standards) firearm law change. Wink

Q#2.....See the above, & when you provide your proof to back up your statement, I will answer you directly, based on your answer. Wink

Q#3......
I'd see no point in that, as you already know my feelings pertaining to the trustworthiness of political parties. Wink

Now, please reply to my simple request for proof......well simple if you have proof, impossible if you don't have any verifiable proof.  Wink  http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/Wait003.gif

No, Panther, you haven't answered. How is a US lobby group going to change laws in Australia? It's a really simple question.

I'm not providing proof of the NRA's ties to the Republican Party, this is so well-known in the US it goes without question. The NRA has achieved its objectives of liberalising gun laws and getting more guns bought and sold. It's now a social conservative lobby group, rallying and fundraising for lunar-right, Tea Party-style Republicans. That's where their time and money goes.

So again, why would anyone trying to influence politics in Australia give them their money?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:53pm

the Australian Anti-Gun politicians hate their strong influence in Australia!!!

What "strong influence" does the NRA have in Australia?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 4:58pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 3:53pm:

I would have said zero. After all, isnt pretty much 99% of australians very happy with our gun laws? Are there protest marches over wanting the right to carry guns?  No.  We just enjoy our long weekends in the sun knowing that the chance of being gunned down is almost zero. Who's want to change that other than a loon with a 2" penis seeking something bigger to cradle?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 5:09pm

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 31st, 2018 at 4:58pm:

I would have said zero. After all, isnt pretty much 99% of australians very happy with our gun laws? Are there protest marches over wanting the right to carry guns?  No.  We just enjoy our long weekends in the sun knowing that the chance of being gunned down is almost zero. Who's want to change that other than a loon with a 2" penis seeking something bigger to cradle?

Panther.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 5:14pm

They try to keep the Republicans in power in Amerika.

It is a jolly world, no?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print