Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
NRA Donations Triple!!! (Read 6617 times)
Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Re: NRA Donations Triple!!!
Reply #60 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:40am

Panther wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 11:06am:
STOP RIGHT THERE ...... I've answered you completely, now YOU ANSWER my request.....prove your statement with verifiable fact,  or expose yourself as nothing more than a troll who refuses to back-up statements they make..... 

I go places inside my head with an eye on tomorrow to keep my soul fed

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #61 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:05pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:37am:
I'd like to know who the nutcases are around. Where do you live Panther?

Australia......specifically Victoria......you.....where do you live DonkeyBoy?
Wink

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:06pm

A safer place.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #63 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:15pm

Panther wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:05pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:37am:
I'd like to know who the nutcases are around. Where do you live Panther?

Australia......specifically Victoria......you.....where do you live DonkeyBoy? Wink

So, Australia then, subject to Australian law.  Good.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #64 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:29am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 5th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 3:28pm:
where can I donate?

Only because you asked, IMHO your best donation is a
membership

You can donate at anytime though, but you can get all the benefits while sending a message that you believe in the Individual Right to self-defense using the weapon of your own choosing, rather than letting a government deciding for ya.The NRA is active here in Australia, & your membership/donations will help fund them here too.....I've been a NRA Member for over 15 years......

https://s31.postimg.org/mzs00d8h7/NRA00001.png

they woudnt accept payments from outside the US  Undecided

A friend (here in Victoria) just signed up yesterday using that link, & I just verified it took me clear through to the payment screen (about 4 screens/steps) with Paypal & all the other cards accepted.....If for some reason it wont work for you, call them directly but be aware the call cost depends on your telco service....Telstra is $.21 cents per min for their basic rates....I pay 'em $5.00 per month & it costs me only $.02 cents per min to call the USA.......saves me a fortune.
Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #65 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:38am

A "friend"

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #66 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:42am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:38am:
A "friend"

Something alien to you DonkeyBoy?

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:43am

Panther wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:42am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 10:38am:
A "friend"

Something alien to you DonkeyBoy?

Not at all, I have imaginary made up people in my life as well.

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:03am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
A safer place.

With firearms you mean??

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:06am

[/quote]

More good work by the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, resulting in good outcomes. Wink

[/quote]

The release of personal information public is immoral and wrong no doubt. However background checks and the like, are contributing factors to limiting the gun related violence in the US. By seeking out personal information, any immediate threats from those with prior convictions or serious mental illness can be dealt with.

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:09am

We are talking about an organisation, which is riddled with corruption and is wound in firearms only because there is billions of dollars which are sprouting from firearm sales each year. They support politicians, only ones who will pursue their agenda, and call themselves a non-profit organisation. Imagine if a non-profit organisation in Australia did such actions by themselves and with the government.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #71 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:31am

goldkam wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:09am:
We are talking about an organisation, which is riddled with corruption and is wound in firearms only because there is billions of dollars which are sprouting from firearm sales each year. They support politicians, only ones who will pursue their agenda, and call themselves a non-profit organisation. Imagine if a non-profit organisation in Australia did such actions by themselves and with the government.

Everyone is entitled to express their own personal opinions........regardless of what they may be......it's called the Freedom of Speech.

Thank you for expressing your 'personal opinions' of the NRA, & what they do, how they do it, & why.

I have very different opinions about the NRA than you do, & I agree with way more of their positions than  those I might have disagreement with. That's why I'm willing to strongly support virtually all their positions. Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:17pm

Panther wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:31am:

Everyone is entitled to express their own personal opinions........regardless of what they may be......it's called the Freedom of Speech.

Thank you for expressing your 'personal opinions' of the NRA, & what they do, how they do it, & why.

I have very different opinions about the NRA than you do, & I agree with way more of their positions than  those I might have disagreement with. That's why I'm willing to strongly support virtually all their positions. Wink

No doubt, I am glad you have acknowledge that notion. Freedom of Speech is extremely important in any society, but so to is factual information. I respect your opinion but disagree.

I might just note, because I feel so strongly about such an issue.

This is an organisation that defends the Second Amendment rights over the lives of individuals through mass shootings and through this provides extensive funding to attempt to manipulate politicians to support a weapon in which is contributing to these attacks.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #73 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 3:31pm

goldkam wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:17pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:31am:

No doubt, I am glad you have acknowledge that notion. Freedom of Speech is extremely important in any society, but so to is factual information. I respect your opinion but disagree.

This is an organisation that defends the Second Amendment rights over the lives of individuals through mass shootings and through this provides extensive funding to attempt to manipulate politicians to support a weapon in which is contributing to these attacks. 

"This is an organization that defends Second Amendment Rights..." --- Absolutely 100% true

"....over the lives of individuals through mass shootings....." --- the lives of those killed in mass shootings are the sole responsibility of the one pulling the trigger on their weapon of choice.... the shooter is the criminal. The firearm is an inanimate object & can't perform on its own. More than 99% of all firearms sold to law abiding gun owners will never be used to commit a criminal act.

".......provides extensive funding to attempt to manipulate politicians...." --- funding to manipulate politicians (commonly known as lobbying) --- 100% true & 100% legal

"......support a weapon in which is contributing to these attacks......" --- again the weapon, the firearm, is an inanimate object incapable of doing anything unless used correctly, or incorrectly by a human being....a person.

People kill, the firearm is just the tool used, used as could a knife, a car, petrol & matches, explosives, a baseball bat, a crowbar, a hammer, etc....etc....etc.....until used by a human being, they are just inanimate objects...tools.

If used incorrectly the person using them in a criminal way is the criminal, the tool is not the criminal.

Blame the person for their criminal act, not the tool......hold the person responsible for the act, responsible for the criminal action....it wasn't the responsibility of the tool used, it was the responsibility of the person who killed & wounded.

Punish criminals, not law abiding citizens who never commit crimes using their firearms.  Hold the criminal accountable for their crimes, not the good people who never commit crime.

Human nature breeds good people, & also breeds bad people. This has always been, & will always be. Good people obey laws, while bad people always ignore laws....they always break them, & no law, no matter how well crafted & intended will convince a bad person to obey them. You can't legislate goodness into people, you can only punish criminals who commit the crime.

Gun laws only affect good people, while those same exact gun laws are only held in complete & total disdain by bad people, who are responsible for 100% of all the heinous crimes committed using firearms. Take out your anger on them......Ask those in government to be more strict when punishing criminals for crimes already on the books in the hopes of lowering future incidents.....feel strongly about that!

Lowering incidents is the only attainable goal, because eliminating incidents completely is absolutely impossible.

Human nature will never let that happen.....Human nature will never only breed good people........evil will always find a way, but punishing the good because evil exists gains nothing....

« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2018 at 3:52pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

goldkam

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 5:47pm

[/quote]

This is an organisation that defends the Second Amendment rights over the lives of individuals through mass shootings and through this provides extensive funding to attempt to manipulate politicians to support a weapon in which is contributing to these attacks.  [/quote]

"This is an organization that defends Second Amendment Rights..." --- Absolutely 100% true

"....over the lives of individuals through mass shootings....." --- the lives of those killed in mass shootings are the sole responsibility of the one pulling the trigger on their weapon of choice.... the shooter is the criminal. The firearm is an inanimate object & can't perform on its own. More than 99% of all firearms sold to law abiding gun owners will never be used to commit a criminal act.

Gun laws only affect good people, while those same exact gun laws are only held in complete & total disdain by bad people, who are responsible for 100% of all the heinous crimes committed using firearms. Take out your anger on them......Ask those in government to be more strict when punishing criminals for crimes already on the books in the hopes of lowering future incidents.....feel strongly about that!

Lowering incidents is the only attainable goal, because eliminating incidents completely is absolutely impossible.

Human nature will never let that happen.....Human nature will never only breed good people........evil will always find a way, but punishing the good because evil exists gains nothing....

[/quote]

Firstly. Thank you for affirming my statement and thus on that note I will expand as to why I and so many disagree with the Second Amendment. This is a document which is 225 years old, a document that no one individual can seem to grasp meaning from because of the plethora of interpretations made, a phrase in which only two other countries have in their Constitution. Quite simply there is not any legislation in place that is 225 years old, because original documents are reformed and altered. It seems many see a seal on the Second Amendment. Why?? because those who a pro gun are so caught up in their right to own a gun, they fail to see the rights of others to life and a livelihood. It is the Second Amendment which is allowing these hideous firearm crimes to happen.

Secondly. It is the responsibility of the individual pulling the trigger no doubt but can you not agree the firearm plays a part in the act. Answer this....if a "criminal" didn't have a firearm would it have caused as much damage?? The premise of the point is you reduce the risk by removing the weapon. Sometimes in life things have to be given up for the greater good, in this case it is for the lives of so many. The rationality behind your notions is simple and I never alluded to such notions as a gun having living qualities.

Parkland Shooting- FBI gets blamed
Las Vegas Shooting- Mental Health gets blamed
Pulse Nightclub Shooting- Terrorism gets blamed

It seems everything else gets blamed, which is no doubt a contributing factor, everything but the firearm. It gets discussed but nothing gets pursued. How many more deaths have to occur until a solution is reached?? It simply doesn't matter in the current circumstances.....if you going to use such figures it can be said that 99% of drugs get sold to people who will utilise them to get gain a high., not utilise them to cause death.

Thirdly. Just because something is legal does not mean it is morally right. The fact is morals seem to be negated in such circumstances. It may be legal in Australia to have sexual intercourse with a sixteen year old (the age of consent) does not make it morally right. Same goes for drugs that are illegal in some US states, using them does not validate morality.

"Lets support a weapon, with the primary purpose of inflicting harm or causing death in which is being used to kill over 34,000 people and injure over 80,000 in the US each year"

Fourthly. Never stated it was a living, breathing object. Can you not affirm it is contributing to the deaths? As fore mentioned the fact is a gun's primary purpose is to inflict harm or cause death (last time I checked a car, petrol, matches and the like did not have that primary purpose)

I pose this....if someone died from a drug overdose do we suddenly not blame the tool but just blame the person?? The tool used is always a contributing factor, as is the person. If we are not blaming the tool, the cause of death would not be a gunshot wound.

Please don't blame human nature......it is the individual, the tool and the background of that individual which are to blame.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print