Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Is culture a dirty word. (Read 17510 times)
Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Is culture a dirty word.
Aug 22nd, 2018 at 8:07pm

Is it some kind of excuse word, are all cultures equal, do values mean anything.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: Is culture a dirty word.
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 8:11pm

Johnnie wrote on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Is it some kind of excuse word, are all cultures equal, do values mean anything.

no

yes to their own culture of course- its all they know

yes
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2018 at 8:27pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 11:55pm

Only inferior culture, Matty. Not all cultures are the same. Correlation not causation.

They're tinted.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 12:26am

Only if it's a predominantly white one..... all other cultures are sacred..... and don't forget, grasshoppers, that respect is owed to those from those cultures, even when they do not reciprocate.

Respect is a one way word... and you should all know that...

Still waiting to hear what is actually involved in the coons 'doing things their way', and what 'respect for women' involves, and what 'respect for other cultures/religions' involves.....

It seems to those kinds that 'respect' means letting them do whatever they want without even a hint of criticism.... or they'll beat you up, burn down your nation, or wreck your home and life.....

You've got to respect that.... or else!

No wonder there's a civil war pending.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:14am

What is a white culture? Only one i can think of is the culture of getting pissed. British irish aussie. We dont actually have any culture except for getting on the piss.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:18am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:14am:
What is a white culture? Only one i can think of is the culture of getting pissed. British irish aussie. We dont actually have any culture except for getting on the piss.

Spot

um,

the renaicance, the enlightenment,science, literature, architecture, skyscrapers, going to the moon, modern medicine, the automobile, technology, exploration, the westminster system.

i think one should be able to think of a few more achievements of the west then "getting pissed". Wink

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:33am

Yeah blacks don't get pissed in this country.... Grin Grin Grin

For those that think white Australia has no culture....how about you pack your shite and farq off to a country that isn't full of pissheads. My bet is you won't. You can't. White Australian culture made it to addictive to live here and gave you a level of freedom you cannot leave. You're nothing but weak carnts sponging off the very people who made this country what it is.  Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:52am

Spot

What about the abolition of slavery, liberal democracy, Christianity etc?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:54am

aquascoot wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:18am:

Spot

um,

the renaicance, the enlightenment,science, literature, architecture, skyscrapers, going to the moon, modern medicine, the automobile, technology, exploration, the westminster system.

i think one should be able to think of a few more achievements of the west then "getting pissed". Wink

Thats not culture

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:57am

freediver wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:52am:

Spot

Thats more culture than technology. Xtianity is religion. So is hinduism and budism. I dunno - kinda culture but i think of culture as customs and social behaviours. They can be caused by religion.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:05am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:57am:
freediver wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:52am:

Spot

Thats more culture than technology. Xtianity is religion. So is hinduism and budism. I dunno - kinda culture but i think of culture as customs and social behaviours. They can be caused by religion.

Spot

It's all culture. What you identify as culture is what you get when you subtract everything that has meaning or purpose from culture, leaving only the trivial. I would call that cultural baggage. It's like saying that Australian culture is meat pies.

Religion, human rights, democracy etc are deeply ingrained in our society. Societies that lack these things cannot take them up easily, even if they want them. We could forget meat pies overnight and our culture would not change. But you would have to kill a lot of people to get rid of religion, human rights, democracy.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:27am

Spot

And you're a part of the whole problem.  Roll Eyes

Another self loather.

And speaking of getting pissed ... obviously you haven't seen much of current indigenous culture except all the homoginised BS you might see on SBS, ABC or NITV.

Grappler is right

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:39am

To be fair, I think part of the problem of aboriginal alcoholism is that it is not part of their culture.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:44am

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 11:55pm:
Only inferior culture, Matty. Not all cultures are the same. Correlation not causation.

They're tinted.

Why do you always post like an idiot TROLL...

There is nothing funny about what you post...  just stupidity. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:50am

Spot

Really?
Do you walk around blind and deaf?
How many times must i post stuff on this for people like you.
Google Convict Creations and have a read there for starters.  (even though it seems to have been watered down recently) Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print