Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Is culture a dirty word. (Read 17536 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Is culture a dirty word.
Reply #60 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 5:53pm

Gnads wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:15am:
anglo/european descent Australians have no culture except for "getting on the piss, sport & meat pies"

This broad assumption may be reflected in a few clusters in and around your "western suburbs, anywhere" sport stadium locations - but it is no accurate description of the average Australian

Australians prefer wine - over beer - in 2018
Most of us have a built in avoidance, of all things 'sport'
And a long way from the meat pie - our most popular meal is now pasta

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #61 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 5:55pm

Yes, our culture is constantly evolving. It used to be a pie and a coke. Now it's a pie and an iced coffee.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #62 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:03pm

freediver wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 5:55pm:
Yes, our culture is constantly evolving. It used to be a pie and a coke. Now it's a pie and an iced coffee.

How many pies did you eat (to preserve your "culture") in the last week, or so ?

I can't remember when I ate one last
I might have an iced coffee, occasionally, over the Summer
But I have 3 double shot espressos - from the machine, in my kitchen - every morning

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:48pm

Australian culture (via Westernisation)?

Well, its politically still ruled and sanctioned (supported) by the United Kingdom and 'populated' by the United States.

Afterall, the Governor-General serves the UK & the Prime Ministers serve the USA (the UK serves the USA like a good little 'colony' in Europe  Grin) ...both positions 'rule' Australian Politics.

So really. Political Australia is a defaulted false expression of Australian culture. It's a replicant heavily dependent on UK/USA. It is 'chained' like a criminal to the past and has no future here. Even now ...its self destructing even further into becoming 'defunct' here.

There is only 'One' Political region and that's North America.
There can be only 'One'  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:55pm

The pie with sauce and iced coffee is definitely part of our culture, I would have had thousands by now, we have a young culture with NO BAGGAGE and a very rich one.
A short list: Cricket footy pubs the outback the ocean fishing surfing cars bikes gambling the boomerang work holidays the sickie long weekends and Victoria Bitter.
Bringing in cultures with religion being their only driving force will keep cultures distant.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #65 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:03pm

Considering Women here promote a more 'professional' approach to 'Sport' here in Australia.

The guys are more like losers, grubs, cheats or the codes like NRL are pathetic.

When it comes to the Guys - Australians & South Americans are much the same.

Australia is a 'Pretender' and 'False Prophet' when it comes to Sport.

Sport is not the 'true' culture of Australia.

In fact, its a Media by-product that is more bias to Europe, Asia & Africa ...from its Oceanic base.

...rather than anything Namerican, Samerican, Australian (let alone Middle-East).

Media promotes a 'false' culture of Australia (and America, hence 'Fake News').

The Media only becomes a positive aspect in the New Worlds via the Women, not the men.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:21pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:03pm:
Considering Women here promote a more 'professional' approach to 'Sport' here in Australia.

The guys are more like losers, grubs, cheats or the codes like NRL are pathetic.

When it comes to the Guys - Australians & South Americans are much the same.

Australia is a 'Pretender' and 'False Prophet' when it comes to Sport.

Sport is not the 'true' culture of Australia.

In fact, its a Media by-product that is more bias to Europe, Asia & Africa ...from its Oceanic base.

...rather than anything Namerican, Samerican, Australian (let alone Middle-East).

Media promotes a 'false' culture of Australia (and America, hence 'Fake News').

The Media only becomes a positive aspect in the New Worlds via the Women, not the men.

Are you saying sport is not instilled in Australian culture!

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:24pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
But I have 3 double shot espressos - from the machine, in my kitchen - every morning

Grin Grin Grin

We can tell.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #68 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:28pm

I'm saying that 'Sport' (via Males) that has been instilled by the TV Media, is in a disillusionment that it represents the 'only' essence of 'culture' here.
Considering 'Male Sport' here is less 'professional' that the women, in the eyes of the world.

The 'internet' exists here and so to does 'its' people and they don't really consider 'sport' to be the 'true' Australian 'culture'.

Thankfully the 'real' Australia is emerging and the 'Pretender' like Sporting Australia is falling by the wayside.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:31pm

Jasin wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:28pm:
I'm saying that 'Sport' (via Males) that has been instilled by the TV Media, is in a disillusionment that it represents the 'only' essence of 'culture' here.
Considering 'Male Sport' here is less 'professional' that the women, in the eyes of the world.

The 'internet' exists here and so to does 'its' people and they don't really consider 'sport' to be the 'true' Australian 'culture'.

Thankfully the 'real' Australia is emerging and the 'Pretender' like Sporting Australia is falling by the wayside.

what would you say is our true culture Jasin?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:50pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
anglo/european descent Australians have no culture except for "getting on the piss, sport & meat pies"

This broad assumption may be reflected in a few clusters in and around your "western suburbs, anywhere" sport stadium locations - but it is no accurate description of the average Australian

You tell Spot & a couple of others that.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #71 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:19pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 5:53pm:

Avoidance of SPORT....  sorry not in your nelly.... most Aussies are still big on sports playing and watching.
Food - Roast lamb and meat pies are still in the top 10 and so is vegemite on toast.
Wine, yes I think that is right these days nationally if not regionally. The top 3 alcoholic drinks in order are Red Wine, Beer, then White Wine.  Non-Alcoholic... Coffee?  Tea? Bonox?  nope....  water is still the most popular drink.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:19pm

One only has to get out of the inner city every now and then to see that the true nature and culture of Australia is still thriving, for now.
SHUT THE GATES

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #73 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Sorry that is not culture...  that is diet.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:29pm

Grendel wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:21pm:

Sorry that is not culture...  that is diet.

Its both, and often a matter of survival.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print