Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Ban on the Burqa and Niqab. (Read 10054 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic

Australian Politics

Ban on the Burqa and Niqab.
Sep 13th, 2018 at 10:01am

Quote:
Big day today.

I'm submitting a petition to the Senate that calls for a ban on the burqa and niqab. It has been signed by
over 23,000
Australians. So many Australians are passionate about this issue and it is about time they had their voices heard.

I will also be forcing the Senate to vote on whether they believe full-face coverings such as the burqa and niqab have any place in western society and calling for the Senate to immediately ban these types of coving in public places where identification is necessary and security is an issue.

I have also been saying that
feminists are pathetic on this issue
and I won't back down.

We know where the Turnbull government stood on this issue but I think it was about time the Scott Morrison government was asked to put its cards on the table, don't you?

There has also been a huge uproar over a girl who refused to stand for the national anthem and rightfully so, our national anthem deserves respect.

It is clear that her parents have filled her head with this politically correct nonsense but that doesn't excuse her behavior

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Ban on the Burqa and Niqab.
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:37pm

So much for freedom in a multicultural society, hey, Mrs.Hanson?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
So much for freedom in a multicultural society, hey, Mrs.Hanson?  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You wear a black sack around for your entire life under all weather conditions and then get back to me if you think that's freedom.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:16pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 2:44pm:

You wear a black sack around for your entire life under all weather conditions and then get back to me if you think that's freedom.

The freedom is that they choose to wear that get up, just as much as woman chooses to wear a bikini.  You appear to have real problems understanding what freedom actually means.  Why am I surprised?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:17pm

The freedom is that they choose to wear that get up, just as much as woman chooses to wear a bikini.  You appear to have real problems understanding what freedom actually means.  Why am I surprised?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:17pm:

Don't have issues with the KKK uniform then?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:44pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:16pm:

I don't think their husbands brothers and fathers would allow the Burkad ones to wear a bikini do you.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:52pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:44pm:

I don't think their husbands brothers and fathers would allow the Burkad ones to wear a bikini do you.

How would you know?  You've never ever discussed Islam with a Muslim in your life, now have you?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 4:20pm:

Not really.  Wear what you like when you come to my party, Hammer.  However, be prepared to be laughed at when you reveal your white sheet and pillow slip to the crowd.  There will be questions about whether or not you have a Whirlpool washer...  Grin

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:54pm:

Not really.  Wear what you like when you come to my party, Hammer.  However, be prepared to be laughed at when you reveal your white sheet and pillow slip to the crowd.  There will be questions about whether or not you have a Whirlpool washer...  Grin

And Muslim woman should be ready for some staring and the odd comment????

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:16pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:11pm:

That'd be rude, Hammer.  In your case, you earn what you get when you put on your white sheet and pillowcase.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:16pm:

That'd be rude, Hammer.  In your case, you earn what you get when you put on your white sheet and pillowcase.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So it's only rude if the people being rude follow your political persuasion?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:52pm:

How would you know?  You've never ever discussed Islam with a Muslim in your life, now have you?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Yes many times and they are all say they have been brainwashed from birth or easily subdued. poor beggars .

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:16pm:

So it's only rude if the people being rude follow your political persuasion?

Nope, it's only rude when it is done in a manner designed to offend, Hammer, which is exactly what you're attempting to do when you question a Muslim woman about her clothing.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2018 at 8:22pm

Johnnie wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 13th, 2018 at 5:52pm:

Yes many times and they are all say they have been brainwashed from birth or easily subdued. poor beggars .

Obviously you've never really discussed anything with a Muslim.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print