Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 41
Send Topic Print
Movies, recently seen (Read 55654 times)
AiA
Gold Member

Re: Movies, recently seen
Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2019 at 9:53pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Filth with James McEvoy and Jamie Bell. I watched it twice. Hilarious.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450321/videoplayer/vi2530322713?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Will give that one a go ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #16 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 9:27pm

Just been to see "Downton Abbey".  Marvellous.  Maggie Smith at her best.  All the Granthams were doing well as were their staff.  The King and Queen came to visit and all the conniption that caused.  Well worth seeing.   Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:02pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2019 at 9:27pm:
Just been to see "Downton Abbey".  Marvellous.  Maggie Smith at her best.  All the Granthams were doing well as were their staff.  The King and Queen came to visit and all the conniption that caused.  Well worth seeing.   Cool

Grin 

Magic Grandpa of the revolutionary resistance to western bigotry and oppression and persecution of downtrodden proletariat and musulmans is impressed by ... er...  western sophistication, art and refinement.

Tsk, tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes incorrect, inauthentic aesthetic response, bwian. Adjust your attitudes.

« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2019 at 11:08pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 9:22am

I saw Downton Abbey last weekend with my wife. Because I had watched the tv series I enjoyed it. Can't imagine anyone unfamiliar with the series really enjoying it. This film beat out Brad Pitt's new (and good) movie and the new Rambo (crappy) film so a sequel is guaranteed.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #19 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:54am

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

A satisfying end to the Breaking Bad series. Though others disagree, Jesse Pinkman's story at the end of the final series of Breaking Bad had to come to a more complete conclusion.

This movie does feel like 3 episodes of Breaking Bad back to back. But, it does have that higher budget feel about it. For most of the movie, the scenes are flashbacks and present-day cuts.

Todd, the nephew of the New-Nazi group that held Pinkman captured, makes an appearance to keep hold of the moments that Pinkman suffered in his captivity. Plemons did well to keep the demeanour of his character he featured in the final Breaking Bad series. Though, Plemons has aged a fair bit, to be expected.

Any fan of the Breaking Bad series would be very happy to see this movie. I could not imagine a purest disliking the movie.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 9:59am

Midsommer. I enjoy horror but seldom see one because most of them are crap. The one I watched prior to this one, Hereditary, was by the same director. Most every scene in Midsommer was shot under blue skies with greenery and flowers and had none of the usual imagery. A film I think you'd either love (like I did) or hate.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:09am

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:54am:

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

A satisfying end to the Breaking Bad series. Though others disagree, Jesse Pinkman's story at the end of the final series of Breaking Bad had to come to a more complete conclusion.

This movie does feel like 3 episodes of Breaking Bad back to back. But, it does have that higher budget feel about it. For most of the movie, the scenes are flashbacks and present-day cuts.

Todd, the nephew of the New-Nazi group that held Pinkman captured, makes an appearance to keep hold of the moments that Pinkman suffered in his captivity. Plemons did well to keep the demeanour of his character he featured in the final Breaking Bad series. Though, Plemons has aged a fair bit, to be expected.

Any fan of the Breaking Bad series would be very happy to see this movie. I could not imagine a purest disliking the movie.

It's an excellent movie.  5 stars.

I wish other film makers would take lessons from Vince Gilligan.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #22 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:31am

I'll prolly watch it Wednesday night. Just watched breaking bad again and better call Saul so it's fresh.

Thing is breaking bad is surprisingly realistic except that Gus would be a cop.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:39am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 10:31am:
I'll prolly watch it Wednesday night. Just watched breaking bad again and better call Saul so it's fresh.

Spot

Netflix plays a short recap of the series when you first click on to view the movie.

Strangely, if you go back to watch it a second time, they don't play the recap.

You can get around that by removing it from your watch history though.

Anyway, it's a great movie.  Has some funny very moments too.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #24 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:32pm

Spot

It has been nearly 2 years since I last watched Breaking Bad. I was collecting Better Call Saul seasons for as little as $5. But then, Video Ezy closed down. They are on sale from time to time for $20 at Sanity.

I know have 150 dvds I bought for $50. Plus a heap of seasons of The Next Generation, Voyager, and Enterprise of the Star Trek tv series to watch. At the moment, I am making my way through another Vince Gilligan series, X-Files. Still another 8 seasons to go.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:32pm:

Spot

It has been nearly 2 years since I last watched Breaking Bad. I was collecting Better Call Saul seasons for as little as $5. But then, Video Ezy closed down. They are on sale from time to time for $20 at Sanity.

I know have 150 dvds I bought for $50. Plus a heap of seasons of The Next Generation, Voyager, and Enterprise of the Star Trek tv series to watch. At the moment, I am making my way through another Vince Gilligan series, X-Files. Still another 8 seasons to go.

Ah, okay.

I didn't realise he was involved with the X-Files.

I never got around to watching that series.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:38pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:36pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 14th, 2019 at 3:32pm:

Spot

Ah, okay.

I didn't realise he was involved with the X-Files.

I never got around to watching that series.

I only watched the X-Files last year. Just about everyone is in it at some time.

I have heaps of boxers if stuff cause when ppl get Netflix they give them to me

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #27 - Oct 14th, 2019 at 4:28pm

I have eaten up months of my time watching tv series of just about everything. Now I have about 40 dvds to either give away or sell.

EVERYONE seems to be wanting to get rid of their dvds.

The X-Files seem to be more interesting than I thought. My sister bought the series when she was a teenager. Her priority was to watch the show. My thing is either Underbelly or Breaking Bad.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #28 - Oct 18th, 2019 at 1:28am

I am so glad that I have my new Sony 5.1ch Home Theatre System up and running. The crackling Big W soundbar and subwoofer was not good enough. Going to watch a great epic movie for the experience.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #29 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 8:10am

X files was a great show, it had 2 movies as well they came out in the latter seasons and continue on from them but you can watch as stand alone although you wont get the full picture, first movie better than second.

I'm hanging out for the 3rd season of Cobra kai.

lately I've watched

Mr. in between

and

Wanted.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 41
Send Topic Print