Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 
Send Topic Print
Movies, recently seen (Read 55656 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Movies, recently seen
Reply #585 - May 2nd, 2024 at 9:18pm

Jessie Buckley - remarkable.  Excellent in Fargo and War and Peace .

Timothy Spall  - consumate. The last word in acting.

« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2024 at 7:52pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #586 - May 4th, 2024 at 5:11pm

Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book, also known as The Jungle Book, is a 1994 American adventure film co-written and directed by Stephen Sommers, produced by Edward S. Feldman and Raju Patel, from a story by Ronald Yanover and Mark Geldman. It is a live-action adaptation of the Mowgli stories from The Jungle Book (1894) and The Second Jungle Book (1895) by Rudyard Kipling.[5] Unlike its counterparts, the animal characters in this film do not talk.

The film stars Jason Scott Lee, Cary Elwes, Lena Headey, Sam Neill, and John Cleese.  Unlike the 1942 version, Mowgli's origins are made a little more explicit, being orphaned from a caravan of English troops.  It seems set in Southern India as well as Rajastan,  Sam Neill seems to be enjoying his role as a crusty old English Colonel while John Cleese plays his usual English upper-class fool.  Lena Headey is a classic English beauty femme fatale.  Mowgli navigates his way from civilisation to the Jungle back to civilisation back to the Jungle again successfully.  It is worth watching if you ignore the mistakes made with uniforms and protocol.  8 out of 10. Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #587 - May 24th, 2024 at 4:30pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #588 - May 30th, 2024 at 8:56pm

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #589 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 4:03pm

I watched Greyhound last night, on Apple.

I'd never heard of the movie until yesterday.

It's very good.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"U.S. Navy Cmdr. Ernest Krause is assigned to lead an Allied convoy across the Atlantic during World War II. His convoy, however, is pursued by German U-boats. Although this is Krause's first wartime mission, he finds himself embroiled in what would come to be known as the longest, largest and most complex naval battle in history: The Battle of the Atlantic."

Stars Tom Hanks (he's always good).  8/10

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #590 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 4:36pm

greggery, oh my goodness. I watched that movie a few years ago. I have been hunting for the DVD, so that my parents can watch it, too. It was such a good movie.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #591 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 4:55pm

South Park: The End of Obesity

I caught this on a streaming site the other week.

Eric Cartman is at his doctors for a check up on his obesity. His mother Liane is told that Cartman can overcome his weight problems by going on an anti-obesity drug call "Ozempic". Given the news that Cartman can then lose the weight to be able to go about insulting people without him being countered with an insult about his weight, Cartman is depressed to learn that the drug is only covered for diabetics.

Kyle and Butters learn of Cartman's inconsolability. They then go to help Cartman by trying to get Ozempic covered by the insurance. However, after being given the run around by the insurance companies, Kyle, Kenny, Stan and Butters decide to make their own version of Ozempic.

Meanwhile, Stan's father Randy is out on his own quest to try teach his daughter, Shelley, about the importance of modesty. Stan shows up at Shelley's school, with Stan dressing in a crop top to embarrass Shelley. One of the other mothers of the students show up and assume that Stan is trying to do the weightloss challenge as well. Randy, being the flirt, pretends that he is. Randy is invited to an Ozempics party at one of the mother's place. Things get out of control in the later part of the episode when Ozempic is taken off the market and used only for genuine diabetics. This leads to the group of mothers (and Randy) to go on a series of robberies at chemists to acquire the Ozempic drugs.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #592 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 6:25pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 4th, 2024 at 4:36pm:
greggery, oh my goodness. I watched that movie a few years ago. I have been hunting for the DVD, so that my parents can watch it, too. It was such a good movie.

Yeah, it's great.

Available on Apple TV.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #593 - Jun 4th, 2024 at 6:53pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 4th, 2024 at 6:25pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 4th, 2024 at 4:36pm:

Yeah, it's great.

Available on Apple TV.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #594 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 9:06pm

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #595 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 10:39pm

IF

This is an animated fantasy comedy film, built for the whole family. Cailey Fleming stars as "Bea", a 12y.o. girl sent to live with her mother. Her father has undergone heart surgery. Bea's mother died of cancer a few years earlier.

Bea discovers that there are creatures that only she can see. Over time, she notices that her neighbour, Cal, are among the few that can see these creatures. It is later revealed that these creatures are former imaginary friends of children that have been abandoned. The creatures are called "Ifs".

Given that the Ifs have lost their former child friends, the Ifs have banded together trying to find new children to befriend. Because there seems to be a lack of success, Bea gets suggested that perhaps the Ifs should reunite with their old friends who have now become adults.

The movie is a great fantasy story. Anyone with young children will love this movie. But, it is a movie for the whole family.

Rating: B+

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #596 - Jun 27th, 2024 at 7:38pm

The Karate Kid

40th anniversary of this movie was the 22nd of June.

Mum claims that she cannot remember watching this movie, even though I know she watched the trilogy. And she even watched "The Next Karate Kid". I have 5 seasons of "Cobra Kai" that I want Mum to watch by September.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #597 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 9:42am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 24th, 2024 at 10:39pm:

IF

This is an animated fantasy comedy film, built for the whole family. Cailey Fleming stars as "Bea", a 12y.o. girl sent to live with her mother. Her father has undergone heart surgery. Bea's mother died of cancer a few years earlier.

Bea discovers that there are creatures that only she can see. Over time, she notices that her neighbour, Cal, are among the few that can see these creatures. It is later revealed that these creatures are former imaginary friends of children that have been abandoned. The creatures are called "Ifs".

Given that the Ifs have lost their former child friends, the Ifs have banded together trying to find new children to befriend. Because there seems to be a lack of success, Bea gets suggested that perhaps the Ifs should reunite with their old friends who have now become adults.

The movie is a great fantasy story. Anyone with young children will love this movie. But, it is a movie for the whole family.

Rating: B+

if

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2calu0

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #598 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 1:35pm

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

I watched this last night. It was an epic movie. I am surprised that the movie did so poorly at the cinema. But, given that people are hanging out to watch the movie online, maybe it is not a surprise.

Good performances by just about all the main characters of the movie. It is the way a Mad Max movie should be depicted.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #599 - Jul 7th, 2024 at 9:57am

The Leisure Seeker

Donald Sutherland, Helen Mirren.
Wonderful.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3741632/