Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41
Send Topic Print
Movies, recently seen (Read 55649 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Movies, recently seen
Reply #75 - Jun 14th, 2020 at 1:51pm

The Devils advocate

Al Pacino, Keanu Reeves, Charlize Theron

Somewhere along the line I missed this one, watched it the other day, worth a look although I think it could have been better.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 12:22am

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 9:27pm:

Mexican Americans
really love education so the go to night school
and take Spanish
and get a B

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #77 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 1:50am

Freaky

Starring Kathryn Newton and Vince Vaughn. This movie lacked any real imagination or direction in storyline or acting ability. I felt like I was watching a teen horror/slasher flick, although the movie was rated "MA". It was a reasonable movie with some comical elements. But, I won't find this movie doing much better than a dvd/blu ray release of modest success, with the viewer only watching the movie during a Halloween or Friday the 13th theme binge watch. Otherwise, a forgettable movie.

Kathryn Newton and Vince Vaughn are better deserving actors than to appear in this movie. 6/10.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #78 - Dec 27th, 2020 at 11:46pm

Wonder Woman 1984.

Wonder Woman is back as the titular character of the DC Comics superheroine. This time... in 1984. Diana Prince has been working in a museum for some years now. But it is the introduction of a gemstone with magical powers that changes the dullness of Diana's worklife. The attractive Gal Gadot again plays her "Duuuuh" expression as Wonder Woman, taking out the villains of all kind (including the jewel thieves in the opening scenes). Those acrobatics of WW sure gave my vertigo a good work out. Kristen Wiig plays Barbara -- a low-level employee of the museum that aspires to be as good as Diana. Pedro Pascal plays Max Lord -- a "loser" oil businessman who is on the brink of bankruptcy. Their lives are turned around when all three come into contact with the gemstone that grants wishes.

Diana wishes for her long lost love, Steve (played by Chris Pine), to come back into her life. Barbara wishes that she could be much like Diana. Yet, Barbara gets more than she bargains, finding that Diana was better than she hoped. Max, knowing the power of the gemstone, wishes that he became one with the gemstone, so that he could grant wishes and take things from people in exchange for the wishes.

Diana finds that her wish is granted with only her powers being diminished somewhat. She is still a kick arse Wonder Woman. It is just that her ability to survive unscathed in battle has taken a turn for the worse. Max goes on a quest on granting wishes so that he may rebuild his empire and acquire as much power as he can. It seems that Max acquired a loss of his health. For the life of me, I could not see what Barbara has lost. Perhaps, her humanity?

The movie plods along with some nice visuals and the soundtrack is excellent. But there is nothing much this movie sequel can offer to the audience that they did not get in the original. There is a general lack of action in this movie, compared to the first movie. What you do see is quite good to keep someone entertained. But, you would be better off watching the first movie, if you had to choose which is the better movie.

By the way, Lynda Carter has a cameo in the movie. See if you can find out who and where she is, before the closing credits.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 8:27am

The Midnight Sky, on Netflix.

Bloody good movie!

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #80 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 8:50am

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 27th, 2020 at 11:46pm:

Wonder Woman 1984.

Wonder Woman is back as the titular character of the DC Comics superheroine. This time... in 1984. Diana Prince has been working in a museum for some years now. But it is the introduction of a gemstone with magical powers that changes the dullness of Diana's worklife. The attractive Gal Gadot again plays her "Duuuuh" expression as Wonder Woman, taking out the villains of all kind (including the jewel thieves in the opening scenes). Those acrobatics of WW sure gave my vertigo a good work out. Kristen Wiig plays Barbara -- a low-level employee of the museum that aspires to be as good as Diana. Pedro Pascal plays Max Lord -- a "loser" oil businessman who is on the brink of bankruptcy. Their lives are turned around when all three come into contact with the gemstone that grants wishes.

Diana wishes for her long lost love, Steve (played by Chris Pine), to come back into her life. Barbara wishes that she could be much like Diana. Yet, Barbara gets more than she bargains, finding that Diana was better than she hoped. Max, knowing the power of the gemstone, wishes that he became one with the gemstone, so that he could grant wishes and take things from people in exchange for the wishes.

Diana finds that her wish is granted with only her powers being diminished somewhat. She is still a kick arse Wonder Woman. It is just that her ability to survive unscathed in battle has taken a turn for the worse. Max goes on a quest on granting wishes so that he may rebuild his empire and acquire as much power as he can. It seems that Max acquired a loss of his health. For the life of me, I could not see what Barbara has lost. Perhaps, her humanity?

The movie plods along with some nice visuals and the soundtrack is excellent. But there is nothing much this movie sequel can offer to the audience that they did not get in the original. There is a general lack of action in this movie, compared to the first movie. What you do see is quite good to keep someone entertained. But, you would be better off watching the first movie, if you had to choose which is the better movie.

By the way, Lynda Carter has a cameo in the movie. See if you can find out who and where she is, before the closing credits.

Superman in a skirt....... Smiley

Was a bit more campy than the first one which was much darker imo.

Can fly....?

Can turn things invisible...?

Not the WW i grew up with...!

If Angie Dickinson insured her legs for $1 million dollars then Gal Gadot should get them insured for $100 million, that gal has some legs.... Cool

Saw Lynda Carter she holds her age......... Cool
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2020 at 8:57am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #81 - Dec 28th, 2020 at 5:08pm

The Wonder Woman flying element of WW84 was really out of the blue unnecessary. But, if the flying was the only part of the movie that I found implausible, then I would not be concerned with the rest of the movie.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Jan 3rd, 2021 at 5:55pm

Goldstone - Australian movie

On ABC, Iview, on demand

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #83 - Jan 4th, 2021 at 7:58am

greggerypeccary wrote on Dec 28th, 2020 at 8:27am:
The Midnight Sky, on Netflix.

Bloody good movie!

Watched this one last night.

Great special effects but the movie was a tad too long IMHO.

Quite ponderous in the telling between the action bits.

I kinda liked it though.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #84 - Jan 5th, 2021 at 5:47am

Shadow in the cloud

Admittedly, not a great movie. But very different. The first half hour or so focuses on Moretz in the turret. The second half of the movie focuses on her and the rest of the crew fighting off Japanese migs and an unknown gremlin ripping apart the plane.

Save your money and watch it on tv. But, if you want to use 2 hours of your time in the theatres, this would not be a bad movie to watch. But, I would not recommend.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #85 - Jan 5th, 2021 at 2:39pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 27th, 2020 at 11:46pm:

Wonder Woman 1984.

Saw this one last night ... 'er indoors wanted to see it.

Blimey, it might be just me, but I reckon this is the biggest load of tripe so far this year.

Awful.  Sad

(I thought the first one wasn't too bad, but this one failed big time.)

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #86 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 10:39pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Jan 5th, 2021 at 2:39pm:
Saw this one last night ... 'er indoors wanted to see it.

Blimey, it might be just me, but I reckon this is the biggest load of tripe so far this year.

Awful.  Sad

(I thought the first one wasn't too bad, but this one failed big time.)

WW84 definitely had the B-movie feel about it. As if the director had rested on her laurels for the first one and had the actors phone-in the second movie. Pedro Pascal was wasted on this movie. But, Pascal was not the worst of it. Kristen Wiig looked like she was desperate to jump into a comedy routine.

I am so glad that I did not pay money to watch the movie.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #87 - Jan 24th, 2021 at 6:52pm

Casablanca - had never seen it before.

Really good.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #88 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 9:46am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 6:52pm:

Really good.

It is Sprint!   I find I am watching a lot of the movies my Dad probably queued up to watch at the local theatre.  "The African Queen" is a good one as well

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Jan 25th, 2021 at 9:50am

Vic wrote on Jan 25th, 2021 at 9:46am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 24th, 2021 at 6:52pm:

Really good.

It is Sprint!   I find I am watching a lot of the movies my Dad probably queued up to watch at the local theatre.  "The African Queen" is a good one as well

oH, yes, The African Queen is great.

Our Fav is 'Out of Africa.'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 41
Send Topic Print